Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sunnyspells

Posted Mon Apr 29th, 2013 2:13pm Post subject: Talking about mental health

I've spent a long time fighting with, denying and hiding clinical depression, but have recently realised that this isn't even close to being helpful, and so have started talking about it, a lot. I've set up a blog, http://sunnyspellsandscatteredshowers.blogspot.ie/, talking about my experience with depression, and a facebook page by the same name. So far, I'm overwhelmed by the positive reaction that I've gotten, and how willing people are to talk. I really admire Stephen's openness about his struggles with bipolar, and am so familiar with much of what he describes. I think there's a genuine hunger out there to end the stigma around mental health, and the more people that talk the sooner that will happen. Anyone who wants to come and join the conversation over on my blog or page is more than welcome, I'd love to hear from you!

Jeff Truesdell

Posted Thu Jun 27th, 2013 6:26pm Post subject: Talking about mental health

I think this is a great thing. Bottling up our feelings wont help at all, embracing the feelings and talking about them will.

Props to you

Jeff Truesdell

Here's to Katy Sara Culling, Stephen Fry, and all of us coping with this disease.