Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 5:21am Post subject: Tastes
Lithium hasnt made me fat like I know it can do for some who take it . It does make it crave salt which I have to watch, too much isnt good. I wont turn down something salty like a pretzel and sometimes I see the salt shaker and it seems to silently say " Pick me up and pour some out"- on my hand that is. I also find I have a sweet tooth but thats maybe just me. Lithium also makes me thirsty wither or not I have salt or not.
Do anyone else find they have similar tastes?

meekychuppet

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 10:34am Post subject: Tastes
I avoid lithium because there is no way I am ever going to be a porker.That said I choose not to take drugs because I am not ill. My medications are sports, extreme sports, exertion and writing.

Fourth Feline

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:02pm Post subject: Tastes
I avoid lithium because there is no way I am ever going to be a porker.That said I choose not to take drugs because I am not ill. My medications are sports, extreme sports, exertion and writing.

Hi Meeky,

Somewhat 'off topic', but driven by the urge to learn and understand.

I was interested to compare the above paragraph with your previous description ( in the 'Mania' thread ) of you having monthly(ish) cycles and a bad depression about every quarter.

The question this raises is as follows:

When you say you are "not ill", do you refer to not being diagnosed as / feeling that you are a manic depressive, or are you saying that you are, but that the above physical 'therapies' are as effective as medication for your purposes ?

F.F.

meekychuppet

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:22pm Post subject: Tastes

Hi Meeky,

Somewhat 'off topic', but driven by the urge to learn and understand.

I was interested to compare the above paragraph with your previous description ( in the 'Mania' thread ) of you having monthly(ish) cycles and a bad depression about every quarter.

The question this raises is as follows:

When you say you are "not ill", do you refer to not being diagnosed as / feeling that you are a manic depressive, or are you saying that you are, but that the above physical 'therapies' are as effective as medication for your purposes ?

F.F.

It's how I manage BD. For me "illness" implies that I will one day be cured and it allows me to make excuses for myself. I have never taken any state money or medication and I have never complained and I am proud of that. The world hates the mentally ill anyway so I am not about to become a whipping boy for the ignorant.

S'just how I feel.

Fourth Feline

Posted Sat May 12th, 2007 7:25pm Post subject: Tastes
Thank you for clarifying that one Meeky.

F.F.

mazikeen

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 3:33pm Post subject: Tastes
the first couple of weeks on Lithium, I had this weird craving for oranges
I ate about 4 of them a day!

Fourth Feline

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 3:44pm Post subject: Tastes
the first couple of weeks on Lithium, I had this weird craving for oranges
I ate about 4 of them a day!

Oh no mazikeen ! - you are in severe danger of being healthy

F.F.

mazikeen