Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

karen m

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 2:15pm Post subject: tattoos
i just got my second tattoo and was wondering if anyone else has any or is thinking of getting one

Loona

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 3:45pm Post subject: tattoos
Yes, I have one on my left arm:

(sorry, couldnĀ“t manage to make it smaller)

I got it for/on my 20th birthday! I created it myself and carried it around for 3 month before going to the tatoo studio.
But I`m not sure if I would like to have other tatoos on other parts of my body, for we all get older..

But I like tatoos very much!

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 4:15pm Post subject: tattoos
I've a Ganesh on my back, and a pyramid, I won't say where

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

ratoutofhell

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 5:33pm Post subject: tattoos
I have a small Celtic-ish serpent on my left arm, I want a rat on my right shoulder and something (not sure what yet) on my left hip. I'll get round to that some day.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 6:52pm Post subject: tattoos
I tried to make these as small as possible...

This is the current one I have

and this is the next one I'll be getting should I ever find a viable source of income.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Help

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 8:23pm Post subject: tattoos
Em i have stars going round my hips and i have "Carpe Diem" on my wrists.
But seeing as I work in a tattooists i feel like i should have more, but I don't have much to do with the tattooing i'm a trainee piercer

Phlizz

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 8:24pm Post subject: tattoos
I'd like to get one but I change my mind so often (in general) that I'm sure I'd either get bored of it or I'd just not be able to stop once i got started! I love henna tattoos though, for that very reason!

alley

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 8:28pm Post subject: tattoos

that's my little unicorn which a friend designed for me
someday i'll have a big celtic ornament on several parts of my body

Phlizz

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 8:45pm Post subject: tattoos
Wow - you all have amazing tattoos! To follow up my earlier post - how _do_ you decide what to get?

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue May 27th, 2008 11:28pm Post subject: tattoos
Well I decided b/c I've always adored animals and considering this forum tends to be pretty open and supporting I don't mind saying I am also a furry. (Note: Being a furry doesn't mean I have a sexual leaning towards zoophilia, or bestiality and I don't need someone to be in a fursuit when we shag). As a furry I am a huge fan of anthropomorphic animals.

Hence the tattoo I am saving for. I went with a fox for the first one b/c I love foxes and always have, am called Foxy by my friends (a shortening of my general screen name) and this lovely design came up when I was looking for the perfect tattoo to express my love of the vulpine as well as remind me of my favorite aunt who committed suicide days before I was scheduled to get my ink.

So the fox is a personal love and the heart represents one of the most beautiful souls to grace the earth and heaven (if you so believe).

I plan on an eventual full back collage of foxes from my fursona Lady to Celtic knots with fox heads entwined therein.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

karen m

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 12:09am Post subject: tattoos
[img][/img]

this is the one i got done today/yesterday morning

alley

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 6:18am Post subject: tattoos
Wow - you all have amazing tattoos! To follow up my earlier post - how _do_ you decide what to get?

what to get is a tough desicion. you should really think about it cause you'll be stuck for it for the rest of your life.
ok you could always sandpaper or laser it off, dunno what hurts less....

i think you should always aproach the issue from the motive side, when you find a motive and you think "oh that would make a nice tattoo" that's good, going to a tattoo artist and just getting something just to have a tat is no good plan.
my motive was painted by a friend "back then" i fell in love with the piece and hung it on the lavatory for a year (no kiddin) a place where i saw it everyday. i thought when i got fed up after a year there would be no point in getting it forever.
well the year went and i got the tatoo. the friend saw it once, then i never saw her again... happens but it's not only a nice tat but also reminds me of a great time in my life.
for the next one i ponder about said celtic motive, for i'm a designer i'll make it myself but it'll be a huge thingie, thigh, whole back and shoulder. so i'll need a shitload of money and a good tattoo artist. i'll be lucky when i get it before i turn 40 *lol*

@student
my 2 best friends were/are furrys there's a load of great artwort out there.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 7:39am Post subject: tattoos
alley: excellent advice...i went with something i have adored for 24 years and counting and you gave it the every day test. Both are excellent ways to look at it.

And yes there is a lot of fab furry art in the world...and hopefully some of it will find its way onto my back :3

Zefla

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 11:36am Post subject: tattoos
alley: excellent advice...i went with something i have adored for 24 years and counting and you gave it the every day test. Both are excellent ways to look at it.

And yes there is a lot of fab furry art in the world...and hopefully some of it will find its way onto my back :3

I'm thinking about getting your avatar tattooed on me. just kidding though it is great!

I'm a big Alastair Reynolds fan and he did a short novella called Turquoise Days. To cut a long story short it was about an world sized archival system called the Pattern Jugglers and because everything was stored in the ocean in which they lived if you swam in it, they could juggle with your brain and make you a math genius in a second. I've always sort of liked the idea of a library that could imprint bits of knowledge into you. Anyway what happened once the Jugglers had done this, was indigo and turquoise spots would appear on you. Sort of like a fungal infection and I've always fancied having that going down one side of me. Purely because I like the idea and I like the colours.

Unfortunately I'm not overly keen on needles.

alley

Posted Wed May 28th, 2008 4:38pm Post subject: tattoos
you'd look like jadzia Dax from Star Trek Deep Space 9

"C'mon let's count my dots" hows that for a pick up line *giggles*

but tis a cool idea better than all those people with barcodes on their necks.
or them tribals on the lower back (in german "schlampenstempel")
no offense there if you like it, get it.
them barcode ppl sorta annoy me more, i always ponder what sort of barcode it is.
i mean it would be really cool if it was a working one. like when someone scans you it's the code of a snickers bar that would strike me as funny.

i love looking at good artwork and there are a lot of good tattoo artists out there. but lately i saw a lot gals with chest and neck tattoos and whole coloured arms.
looks cool but honestly how will they look in their fourties? once gravitation sets in... you know....
tattoos are generally acknowledged nowadays but still for the most good jobs (well paid and/or high profile) i guess "hidable" tattoos are still better
and i sorta like the idea that i decide when and to whom i show mine. tis on my shoulder so during the summer tis on constant display, but i still when i know i'll meet people who might judge me because of a few ml ink underneath my skin, i cover it.
i also pondered about putting makeup on it, to make it disappear, once just to irritate my friends hehehe
my aunt aks me every year _every year_ "since when do you have a tattoo?"
or she yells out "look oh my god she has a tattoo!"
i think the first 5 or so years she really forgot (we unusally see each other twice a year or so) but after that... i think tis kind of a ritual
i guess it would be funny to cover it up for our next date just to see her reaction *giggle*