Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jun 26th, 2008 6:45pm Post subject: tattoos
you are most welcome.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

whattocallmyself

Posted Wed Aug 13th, 2008 6:44pm Post subject: tattoos
I found my perfect picture! trying to post an image but it does not seem to work...

http://pics.livejournal.com/thedamnraven/pic/00001sya/

well, it is my tattoo, even if I can't seem to get the link to work, and I love it. I wanted it for 15 years and now I got it. It took that long for me to find the picture I always had in my head. That is what happens when you draw like a rake.

Onwards and Upwards!

TheTruth

Posted Wed Aug 13th, 2008 8:39pm Post subject: tattoos
How strange this topic reared it's beautiful head just as I was about to post a thread about tattoo's.

Well, I've made an appointment to get my tattoo done this coming Monday. This question has probably been asked earlier on in the thread but here goes anyway. How painful was each of your experiences?

I'm having the Massive Attack Blue lines flame on my upper left forearm, well, as close as I can get without being too unoriginal.

whattocallmyself

Posted Wed Aug 13th, 2008 9:22pm Post subject: tattoos
My experience is that it does indeed hurt. Kind of like someone poking a needle through your skin a billion times!.. wait a minute..
well, it does hurt.. or burn, or sting, but in a various degree. I had some spots here and there that was very sensitive, and it made me hurt down in my arm or lower back even though the tattoo is on my shoulder. Other parts felt like red hot iron poking through the body. And some parts I hardly felt at all.
It hurts but it is durable.
My gallstones were way worse and having a baby is also more painful. And people live thruogh those things to.
I expected it to be harder then it was though and I am so amazed that it was so fast, so easy and bacame so beautiful.

Onwards and Upwards!

Zefla

Posted Wed Aug 13th, 2008 10:06pm Post subject: tattoos
What- thats gorgeous! I love the raven.

Truth- my wrist felt like a bee sting and got really hot after it was done - I actually did put my arm in a freezer for a while. And the one on my lower back felt a bit more painful but only on the outskirts going towards my hips. The actual spine didn't hurt much at all. I think it's different for everyone though, everyone has different pain thresholds, but upper forearm shouldn't be too painful.

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Aug 14th, 2008 5:55am Post subject: tattoos
didn't hurt at all...akin to light cat scratches.

i actually fell asleep during my session (seriously I did).

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 14th, 2008 9:58am Post subject: tattoos
I found my perfect picture! trying to post an image but it does not seem to work...

http://pics.livejournal.com/thedamnraven/pic/00001sya/

well, it is my tattoo, even if I can't seem to get the link to work, and I love it. I wanted it for 15 years and now I got it. It took that long for me to find the picture I always had in my head. That is what happens when you draw like a rake.

Wow that's a beautiful raven. I like the shading work on it. Great choice Whattocallmyself.

Assuming direct control...

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Aug 14th, 2008 9:33pm Post subject: tattoos
Finally got a pic sorted of my tattoo - as I recall it was kind of sore having it done but a friend keept me distracted with cigarettes and inconsequential chatter and it healed beautifully.

Still looking for a rat pic I like, but a bit strapped for cash at the moment so it's going to have to wait.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Mandibles

Posted Thu Aug 14th, 2008 9:39pm Post subject: tattoos
This question has probably been asked earlier on in the thread but here goes anyway. How painful was each of your experiences?

It very much depends on the pain tolerance of the individual.
I actually didn't feel mine being done, was too busy watching the man beside me having a full sleeve tattoo being coloured in.
There was a slight pressured vibro-sensation, but nothing painful.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Aug 14th, 2008 11:03pm Post subject: tattoos
I'm really encouraged by reading all of your experiences, because I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. One question eludes me thus far, mostly because I'm afraid to ask: how expensive is it?

canis rufus

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 12:00am Post subject: tattoos
RE: pain. It definitely depends on the tolerance of the individual, which is why when people ask me "did it hurt" I preface my answer with "I think I have a high tolerance of pain." Like ES, I fell asleep during one of mine (I have five, and don't think I have a picture of any of them on this comp), and thought all three on my back actually felt GOOD. Not sure what that says about me, but there you go. The one on the outside of my wrist was mildly uncomfortable. I'm not going to lie though--the one on the inside of my wrist hurt...I have a scrawny little wrist and it is right on the tendons. Youch. Good thing it is small

The whole pain tolerance thing reminds me of the time I went with a grad school colleague of mine to get our belly buttons pierced. A whole group of people from class went with us (though I'm not sure why, it's not like they got to watch). Anyway, I ended up offering to go first, and *in my opinion* it didn't hurt at all. I walked back out to the lobby and told my friend April "Oh no problem, piece of cake, doesn't hurt a bit." Needless to say, after returning from the back, she didn't seem to share my opinion X-D

RE: price. Hugely variable. Depends on the size, intricacy, and amount of color used (usually). It's been awhile since I've got one (bloody shame) but I'd say starting somewhere around $50US and could go WAY up from there.

Libramum

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 1:42am Post subject: tattoos
I definitely want to get a couple in the future.
All I have is 'Paint' on here for programs (so please forgive my poopy diagram lol), and used it to complile a rough idea of the elements I want included when it comes time. Hopefully someone much better designs the final one lol.

After I graduate I also want one with a radiography theme to it. No pics down yet for that one unfort.

There are some beautiful tats on here, very well done!
* Soupy Twist! *

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 6:02am Post subject: tattoos
mine was $95 but most tattoos are wildly expensive! Full backs (which i eventually hope to have) are in the thousands of dollars.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 2:26pm Post subject: tattoos
I'm really encouraged by reading all of your experiences, because I've been thinking of getting a tattoo. One question eludes me thus far, mostly because I'm afraid to ask: how expensive is it?

Price depends on size, detail, and artist. Mine were done here:

http://www.goldenapplestudios.com/685847.html

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Maxx England

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 3:18pm Post subject: tattoos
Never found one I'd like, not as if you can just wash it off after a year or two. But don't let me get in anybody's way, do yuur thang man

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?