Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

R.W.

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 12:13pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
X-D Finished my novel 3 hours before the deadline I set myself a year ago. So happy! It's my second. I'm going to send them out to agents and publishers now. Thanks to those of you who've left messages and followed my blog. It really helped me keep going.

Wish me luck getting published.

R.W.
http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com

Help

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 1:01pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Good luck!

Mandibles

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 1:05pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Good luck friend!

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

PamJH

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 1:28pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Good for you!

Nitro

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 5:48pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Congratulations!

Really? Wow.

gjhsu

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 5:52pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Congratulations! Hopefully it gets picked up soonish

TinaL

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 10:18pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
aaaaand good luck from me

@bertawooster

Katrina

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 7:43am Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
That is really, unbelievably cool! I can't imagine how relieved/accomplished/proud you must feel!

And gooooooood luck!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Chris Mac

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 9:05am Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
What's the deal RW? You can't get an agent without being published, and you can't get published without an agent?

That's what I hear is the lot of the of loneliness of the long distance writer.

Good luck anyway.

R.W.

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 2:56pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
What a lot of nice people. I didn't expect to get so much feedback. I've got loads on my blog too and I'm impressed so many people have subscribed to it when they don't even know

a/ who I am or
b/ what my books are called or even
c/ what they're about!

Well, on the loneliness of the writer post, it's not that lonely - I have all my imaginary friends for company! Generally, they are refered to as 'characters' but I prefer 'imaginary friends.'

I watched a programme at silly-o-clock in the morning the other day on BBC something - BBC 4 maybe - and it was all about reading fiction and how it changes your brain. It was fascinating stuff. Basically, if you read lots of fiction you are not only a bit more clever than your average non-reader but you also have more empathy. Maybe if you write fiction you get all of that but more so. For this reason, I plan to write for the general improvement of myself as a person and if I get published and, ultimately, become a trillionaire that will be a fortunate happenstance.

That said, hubby's been made redundant, the heating budget runs out in two weeks and we have only sacks of rice to sustain us.

Wish me luck.

R.W.

-> If you'd like to follow my writing journey go to http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com

R.W.

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 7:23pm Post subject: Terribly exciting news! Just finished writing my novel!
Spring's nearly with us and the heat hasn't yet run out. Very exciting. I'm toying with the idea of putting up the interview I did with Stephen a billion years ago before QI - in his Wilde days! What do you think? Would anyone read it?

Rebecca
http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com