Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Pink_n_Fluffy

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 3:06pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Today is my birthday.

This morning I opened my cards etc & was moping around feeling sorry for myself - as I feel really tired today - when the post arrived.

There was only the one item of post - this self-addressed envelope thingie that my husband had written. It took a little while for it to dawn on me why we had a self-addressed envelope thingie, but I eventually remembered that my husband had written to Mr. Fry & enclosed a photo of when we met him in London.

Well, then I didn't want to open it because I was scared that the photo had just been returned by his agent, so I made my husband open it instead!

My husband opened it & there was the photo signed by Mr. Fry himself!

Well, after that I just burst into tears like an idiot! Not a sad cry, but a very happy pink-n-fluffy cry!

Then my husband decided to investigate the envelope & it's been posted in Norfolk, something which I didn't even think to look at. And to think because I was tired & not thinking straight I could have ripped the envelope up & put it in the bin!

Admittedly Mr. Fry didn't know that it was my birthday, but it's really made my birthday special for me.

I think it's really nice of him to take time out of his very busy schedule to do something like that for his fans.

I don't know if Mr. Fry reads these posts on the forum - I hope he does. I just wanted to say thank you so much, I really do appreciate it an awful lot. I'm a very happy birthday bunny today - yay!

Love E. xxx

P.S. I've decided my personal motto should be - why say things in about five words when you can say them in at least five hundred - because I've noticed that I do go on a bit at times!

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 3:16pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Wow! That is fantastic.

I would say more, but I am so fantastically jealous right now that I am afraid I cannot think of anything else. You met him and have a signed picture of the two of you from him. How nice for you. ( :'( poor me :'( ) X-D Only kidding, I am always happy when a Fluffette has a close encounter. Congrats and Happy Birthday!

PamJH

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 3:41pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Yes, a close encounter of a most marvelous kind. Congrats and happy birthday!

Soph

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 4:35pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Aww how lovely! I'm sure you were overwhelmed. Happy birthday, dear. : ]

Photobucket

Midsomerlover

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 7:19pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
I love that picture! Congrats! x

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 7:51pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Wow, thats such a lovely present! Wonderful!

PS I got your tweet about your name change pink-n-fluffy thanks for letting me know!

That would be me.

fryfan20

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 2:40am Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
wow, that is one hell of a present

congrats and a late happy Birthday

I am what I am

Nitro

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 3:32am Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!

P.S. I've decided my personal motto should be - why say things in about five words when you can say them in at least five hundred - because I've noticed that I do go on a bit at times!

In some cases, conciseness is wildly over-rated

BTW, Happy Birthday!

Really? Wow.

eppie

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 5:57am Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Such a nice, sweet, fabulous, awesome birthday present!
Congraturations, and Happy Birthday pink-n-fluffy : Enjoy your special day.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 4:07pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Wow that's a trifecta of triumph! Meet him, get a signature and a photo. Plus have the photo signed. Good for you and Happy Belated Birthday!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soupy Twist

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 4:14pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Happy belated Birthday! Such a lovely present, thanks for sharing it with us

Peachy Keenan

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 6:48pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Awww, Happy belated birfday too! How extremely wonderful to get such a surprise and have it send "with love". You're so lucky.

Twittering @peachykeenan!

CollectorManiac

Posted Sun May 24th, 2009 6:52pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Awh how lvoely! And a great photo too! Happy birthday for yesterday

Laur1991

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 9:50am Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Awww! That's fantastic!!!!!! That story made me all happy inside.

Happy Belated birthday !

Hope

Member *

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 11:29am Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Aww, Happy (belated) Birthday from me, too! That's such a lovely suprise.