Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 1:55pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
I forgot to mention, how lovely of your husband to organize this gift for you. He must be a peach.

Shyamz

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 2:55pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Happy belated birthday and awww generally for the very nice photo, (I'd love one of my books signed but I'd be worried about making a fool of myself).

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 5:58pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
I've always wondered about this Pink 'n Fluffy, how does Stephen react when he meets people in the street? Casual? Nervous?

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Pink_n_Fluffy

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 10:54pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Thanks everybody!

I was really unsure about posting this photo in case people - well, you know - think I'm showing off. I hope it hasn't come across like that, I don't mean it to in the slightest, I'm just really happy!

Not sure how I quote somebody on here so I'll just say it instead. :-//

PamJH - My husband wrote a letter to Mr. Fry's agent enclosing the photo. To be totally honest we really didn't expect a reply seeing as how he's such a busy person. I also thought that I really didn't deserve anything else, I mean meeting Mr. Fry was enough of a treat in itself, you know. It arriving on my birthday was just coincidence, but a damn nice coincidence! X-D

Mr. Fry was fine when we approached him, very nice & friendly & smiley. My husband & I were talking to one of the production people for the radio show that was being recorded & then Mr. Fry was dropped off by his car. I lost the power of speech so my husband had to do most of the talking, I was extremely shy but Mr. Fry was very sweet to me. Actually I'm sure I came across as a bit of an idiot, but I suppose there's no change there! :-//

I was thinking the other day that we need more Fluffettes to meet Mr. Fry, we really do. When "Moab" part 2 comes out, surely he will be doing book signings in major cities? We - yes, me too - need to go along to these book signings - but not en masse in case we scare him, lol! Problem solved? X-D

Love E.

PamJH

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 11:09pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Thanks for answering our questions. What you received had to be among the best birthday gifts ever. Congrats again. And if he did a book-signing anywhere near me I'd camp out to see him - and then be tongue-tied if I had a chance to talk to him!

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 11:31pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Yes, I would definitely be there if he did a book signing (but my understanding is he does not do them ). However, I would have to take some other Fluffettes with me because I am pretty sure I would only stand there and perspire, and I know we have some fluffettes here that could speak with Mr. Fry.

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 11:36pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
Yes, I would definitely be there if he did a book signing (but my understanding is he does not do them ). However, I would have to take some other Fluffettes with me because I am pretty sure I would only stand there and perspire, and I know we have some fluffettes here that could speak with Mr. Fry.

Awww don't worry! I'm sure he would appreciate your presence whether you talk a lot to him or not. And Pam is right; we should go with a couple of fluffettes!

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Soph

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 11:47pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
He did a couple of book signings in October! I remember because I was distraught that I couldn't go to London. Really, Stephen should stop off at each of our areas, wherever in the world.. Just 'cause we're his little Fluffettes. ;D

Photobucket

Hope

Member *

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 1:11pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!
I went to his Oxford signing which was INCREDIBLE. ...Waited for about 2 hours before so was about 10th in the queue. X-D
When I met him my legs stopped working and I couldn't speak so i just went "THANK YOU SO MUCH" and smiled ridiculously. He told me that there's a town called Hope in Arkansas. He has nice hands, but you all knew that anyway.

Fluffettes en masse = I'm sure he'd be thrilled, really. We could take tea and stuff. X-D

PamJH

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 2:58pm Post subject: Thank You For My Wonderful Birthday Surprise Mr. Fry!

Fluffettes en masse = I'm sure he'd be thrilled, really. We could take tea and stuff. X-D

Could he handle all our accumulated love? I'm pretty sure he could.:D