Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kevin Skinner

Posted Thu Aug 2nd, 2012 10:43am Post subject: Thank you so much, Stephen

For these words,

“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”

I suffer from depression and have lost my marriage as a result. I don't blame my wife, or the friends who have stopped calling.It is indeed hard to be a friend to someone in depression. I have, however, so much gratitude for your honesty. Your courage will, I'm certain, in the long term, be of benefit to all of us who are trying to recover from this problem. Not only by raising awareness and helping those close to us to understand, but also by demonstrating that we can lead an immensely creative and productive life. As a musician I know this is possible. It's the everyday normal living that is so hard.

Thank you again,

Much love,

Kevin

Art....that which is utterly superfluous to the survival of the body, and yet essential to the survival of the spirit.

Much love, and music to your spirit