Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

aedale

Posted Sun Sep 20th, 2009 6:52am Post subject: Thank you Stephen Fry

I am writing this to express my gratitude for Stephen Fry, gratitude for your wit, humour, and intelligence, but most of all your tolerance, a long long time ago (1980’s) you and the assembled cast of Not the Nine O’clock News were filming at a pub in darkest Cheshire.
I was a lad in my twenties, who just happened to be having a drink with my friend, as a scene was being filmed at the bar, you nudged me and said “watch this” you then picked up a smoke machine and filled the bar, to everyone’s amusement except the director I suspect.
The reason I am reminding you of this is because although I have not been following your every move on screen or off, I very much enjoy your humanity with the people you meet, the politeness and wit that you showed to me all those years ago is still there, I see it in the programs you make.
Long may this continue, I have only recently joined your web pages, but I will read them with much interest in the coming months.
Thank you.
AE Dale.

susanstewart1

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 11:56pm Post subject: Thank you Stephen Fry

I love this post,
I was Quite I'll with depression, And was admitted to a psych ward, i was in a bad way on the first night, and all I had was my iPhone to distract me from the horrid circumstances, while confessing my sleeping arangements on Twitter, to the lovely Fry Fans (Fluffettes) I receved a direct mesage from Stephen Fry, saying he had heard that I was poorly and he hoped I would feel better soon. This touching gesture saw me through that tough time, along with all the amazing people on Twitter, family and friends. So I would also like to Thank Stephen too, and thanks for sharing your lovely story.

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
Stephen Fry