Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

hazel

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 4:42am Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Dear Stephen, this elderly Aussie is LOVING your American trip! Think of the money, time and temperature extremes you are saving us as we enjoy vicariously viewing all the places we would love to see. Brilliant! We have recently returned from 3 months driving our selves in a similar manner around the UK, enjoying many serendiptious joys, far off the well worn tourist track, so really relate to the "windscreen views" you are bringing us of America, and all your adventures.
Many thanks, and much love to you, too.

Toucan

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 10:39pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

I loved this series too. I particularly remember the 'ladies of the night' in... where was it? Sorry, rotten memory. Somewhere beginning with M. Or N. Anyway, they were so self-assured and stable, I admired the set-up so much, something for the authorities here in the UK to sit up and take notice of. Prostiution will never go away and the women working in it need all the protection they can get. I lived in Bethnal Green a couple of years ago and used to see our local tom regularly, very pretty girl, thin as a promise. I spent many a night listening to her screeching at her pimp regarding the behaviour of her customers and saw the results in her eyes and her face.

I also found the couple who lived in complete isolation in the north except for each other remarkable - more than remarkable. How could they deal with the loneliness and the (seeming) imprisonment with each other? My mind boggles... but good luck to them, I say. Such amazing people give me hope.

Salome

Posted Sun Nov 8th, 2009 3:11pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Hi!
This is my first message here, I really don't know why I start writing in this topic, but it had to be somewhere!!!
First, sorry about my english.... I'm from Spain. I'll try to do my best!

I'm watching your American trip nowadays. In Spain we can watch it now on channel "Viajar", and it was a complete and delicious surprise to me to find it out!!!
Today it will be the part of the old west... I'll enjoy to see you there, like our loved Oscar did a long time ago...

Nice to be here! xx

"Ah! I have kissed thy mouth, Iokanaan, I have kissed thy mouth. There was a bitter taste on thy lips. Was it the taste of blood? . . . Nay; but perchance it was the taste of love. . .They say that love hath a bitter taste. But what matter? what matter? I have kissed thy mouth, Iokanaan, I have kissed thy mouth..."

whos_stephen

Posted Mon Nov 9th, 2009 4:18pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

As an American I found the series; amusing, demonstrative of the average American, and dutiful in that it encompassed as much as one could in a short series.

glossyibis

Posted Mon Nov 9th, 2009 5:39pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Stephen seemed to hate the cities I've been geographically connected to -- Detroit and Miami. Did he call Miami a hole? I think he did. Well, they both are a bit hole-like until you get to know them. He should have had me as a guide.

No trees were harmed in posting this message, but several million electrons were hopelessly inconvenienced.

adam peters

Posted Fri Nov 20th, 2009 4:09pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Project Camelot interviews Jane burgermeister(youtube)

60 minutes - swine flu propaganda 1976 (Guillian Barre Syndrome / Julie Roberts)

adam peters

Posted Fri Nov 20th, 2009 4:10pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

60 minutes - swine flu propaganda 1976 (Guillian Barre Syndrome / Julie Roberts)

adam peters

Posted Fri Nov 20th, 2009 4:11pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

leerank73

Posted Fri Nov 20th, 2009 4:47pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Have just finished the series and found it hugly amusing, i really liked the way the series focused on areas that more topical shows miss out and also the incredibly english view of the place (thanks Stephen).

This is my first post on the forum but am looking forward to speaking with many of you.

Lee

jefffyke

Posted Fri Feb 5th, 2010 12:43am Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

I've been watching clips of "Stephen Fry in America" on youtube. I love it. It's fascinating to see America from Stephen's point of view, which is wonderfully refreshing. It's easy to become cynical with current state of things here - the economy and the political fighting - but Stephen has reminded me of what we have to be proud of and thankful for.

I hope that the DVD will soon be available in the US. I'd love to see it in its entirety, and share it with my family and friends

Jeff Fyke

vladtheimpalle

Posted Mon Feb 15th, 2010 5:17am Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Been watching series on PBS out of Philadelphia and I must tell you I love to see my country though your eyes. As we'd say here in Philly, "Yo, you da man." I also enjoy your tweets and aw hell I enjoy you.

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Feb 15th, 2010 4:01pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

^^ Yay, a fryfan from my area. Welcome vladtheimpalle. Meet you in Center City if Stephen ever does a book signing there. LOL.

stevie

Posted Fri Feb 19th, 2010 12:42pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

HI STEPHEN,I LOVED YOUR SERIES ABOUT AMERICA.
I'VE BEEN THERE 6 TIMES ON HOLIDAY,VISITED 7 STATES,THAT'S ONLY 43 TO GO.
ANYWAY IT SEEMS WE SHARE A GREAT LOVE FOR THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY.
GREETINGS FROM BELGIUM.

Pinyea lhoun

Posted Fri Mar 26th, 2010 1:16pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

Really very informative and interesting site.There are many tips who is very useful for me.thanks a lot.

Patcat

Posted Wed Oct 20th, 2010 3:28pm Post subject: Thanks Stephen!!!

I just finished viewing this series. I enjoyed it tremendously. I was especially impressed by how accepting Mr. Fry was of everyone and everything he encountered and how he was willing to look like an idiot. My only complaint is a minor and selfish one. As a Hoosier born and bred (and no, I don't know where the term comes from either), I wish Mr. Fry could have spent more time in Indiana.

Patcat