Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 10:12pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Any ideas newbs?

The Oracle

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 6:45pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
I think, and I almost positive that picture number nine is my long lost Aunt Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelga (she came from a very very very long line of long lost Helgas

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 7:28pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Oh 1. is easy, Anthony Zerbe (Rockford Files).
4. Looks like one of the Carradine's. (John, perhaps?)
I should know #8, give me a little time, I'll get it.
The name that comes to mind when I see #16 is Charlie Martin Smith. Is that correct?

ETA: Oops sorry, it was Harry O, not Rockford files. Well, I knew it was one the Private Eye shows. X-D

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 7:50pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Okay I can't find it because I don't know the show, but I think #8 is the guy who used to say something like "stay safe out there" to the police officers after finishing their briefings on some cop show. Michael something?

ETA: Okay, I found the guy I was looking for, but unfortunately I cannot find any older photos to see if I am right. Any way, my guess is Michael Conrad (and the show was Hill Street Blues). Phew, that was going to bother me all night.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 8:30pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
I know who you mean and it isn't him. I think my guy's a tad younger as he looked about the same as he does in the photo at the time of Hill Street Blues.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
What about #4 and #16 are they one of the Carradine's and Charles Martin Smith, respectively?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 9:02pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
4. No

16. YES! Charles Martin Smith! Played major supporting roles in American Graffiti, Herbie Goes Bananas, The Untouchables and (my personal favourite both of his performances and films he was in) Deep Cover.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Ah so now you are going to keep me up all night trying to figure out who #4 and #8 are. Just kidding. X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 9:35pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Do you want hints? I want to help move this along and maybe hand it over to someone else's ideas.

4: Deliverance, Beverly Hills Cop, Robocop, Star Trek The Next Generation: Chain of Command

8: Point Blank, Dirty Harry, Fear Is The Key, Herbie Goes Bananas, Airplane 2: The Sequel, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 9:57pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Of course #4 is Ronny Cox I should have known that. Do you want to know why I should have known that? Because every time I see him I say, is that a Carradine? ;lol:

Okay, I have to go out for a bit. I will be back later to figure out the other guy. This is fun...sort of.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 10:08pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
The fact that he was kind of familiar and took you so long to work out proves the point of my game. This is exactly what I mean by a "that guy".

Having a huge DVD collection including many seasons of various British and American TV series of the last 40 years means I get to see and ultimately recognise and put a name to a lot of "that guys", and I love it when they eventually get greater recognition and cease to have that label.

How about Lance LeGault (one of my earlier ones already guessed by someone else)? Made guest appearances, usually villainous or morally dubious, in many Glen Larson productions (Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica, Magnum) then became recurring nemesis Colonel Decker in The A Team. My son currently loves the Disney movie Home On The Range and when he watches it for the nth time I enjoy talking along with LeGault's lines as Junior the Buffalo.

How about this one?

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 10:17pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
That is Stuart Margolis. I think that is how you spell his last name anyway. And you are right he was on TV so much in the 70's and 80's that you had to learn his name. I have one for you, hang on a bit....

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 10:18pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Margolin - aka Angel in The Rockford Files.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 10:33pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Here you are, Another man that was on television almost every week as a guest star in one show or another.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 11:28pm Post subject: THAT guy! (or "You may know me from such movies as...&q
Now i know how it feels :-//