Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 2:09am Post subject: The Allosphere
I was going to 'tweet' this to Mr.Fry in hopes that more people might see it, but I don't have a clue how to 'tweet' and the FAQ's aren't helping. So, bother...maybe one of you could do it or tell me how??

Anyway, this is really worth watching..pretty mind blowing..I'm sorry if this thread's redundant because I think I mentioned TED somewhere in the past, but maybe this project deserves its own thread anyway...

http://www.ted.com/talks/joann_kuchera_morin_tours_the_allosphere.html

Really? Wow.

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 2:35am Post subject: The Allosphere
Are you using the a computer to access Twitter? If so, near the top of the page it says "What are you doing?" with a box underneath. Place your cursor in that box and start with @stephenfry then a space and start typing whatever you want to say to him. The number on the right above the box will let you know how many characters you have left to type before you go over the limit (if you go over the limit you cannot send the tweet). And you need to include all of the characters of your link into that 140 characters, so I shortened your link for you http://bit.ly/wCsbZ. C'mon, you need to start somewhere, and why not make it something you feel strongly about.

I haven't looked at the video yet (sorry, watching House X-D ), but will check it out later.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 3:06am Post subject: The Allosphere
Thanks Ginj! I have posted stuff...erm..sorry, tweetered...and gave the @sf thing a go but don't expect to know if that worked ( 140ch was plenty btw, even w/ the original url )...the FAQ's don't say,"This is how you tweet someone" they just say"here's how you REPLY"...well, if you haven't been spoken to, why would one think of it as a 'reply'? There's also that Direct Message thing..which I decided quickly was probably not the way to go because it sounds slightly aggressive X-D Anyway, it has a drop down field with 'to' but doesn't allow me to type anything in the 'To' field...I've never DM'd anyone back nor tweeted them ( to my knowledge..I tried to tweet one person from here who gave me their ID, but don't think i did it right..)

the whole TED site is really cool, btw...tons of stuff there from pottery to zoology to space exploration to education to entertainment etc...and - if anyone reading drops by there - one nice thing on the site if you're pressed for time or just noodling around, is many of the 'talks' ( videotaped presentations ) are categorizied like 'most jaw dropping' or 'funniest' etc etc...

Thanks for your help!

Really? Wow.