Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Charles in Kennington

Posted Tue Dec 1st, 2009 3:21pm Post subject: The BBC website and DVD

I bought a copy of the dvd this week. I thought it was extremely informative and helpful in exploring what is an important issue.

I know that there were some people, who were interviewed but not included in the final programme, but whose interviews were placed on the BBC website. If you now log on to these pages, details of the programme still exist, but the videos have been removed.

I know how difficult it is to publically acknowledge HIV. You mention in the programme how few people were willing to go onto camera and face up the stigma.

It just occurs to me that it is a great shame that these videos have been removed, or were not included as a dvd extra. With so few voices willing to go public, I wonder if these videos could be made available somehow. Youtube?

thomasgreat

Posted Thu Jan 14th, 2010 12:50am Post subject: The BBC website and DVD

what can one say but the issue of aids does not carry the fear that it once did this is what is lost in the fight to stop its spread

Digital Classics

Posted Tue Feb 22nd, 2011 12:43pm Post subject: The BBC website and DVD

I'm from the company that made the DVD.

By the time we made the DVD for HIV&Me there were some people who no longer wanted to be part of it so it had to be re-edited.

But you are right, it is a real shame for someone to open up about something so important and then end up on the cutting room floor.

I'll contact the producers and see if I can get some of the missing interviews. If I can get access to them, I'll put them up on our YouTube channel (DigitalClassics)and post here about it.