Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

canuckuk

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 12:00pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I appreciate that soon I will be drummed out for posting too many topics, but this just came to me. We should celebrate the things we do really badly. And I mean really badly.

Mr. Fry may be very clever, but my guess is he would be quite poor at dressage.

For my part, I have failed Red Cross Beginner's swimming lessons twice and, if my memory could shake the block, I probably have failed three times, but can't admit it to myself. So I fancy myself as a bit of an expert in that field. And I want the medal! X

PamJH

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 1:36pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I saw that clip of him riding so you're probably right about that dressage thing.

For me it's probably keeping my temper in check (no, I've never actually hurt anybody). I try, honestly, but I get angry very quickly and I imagine I can feel my blood pressure rise. The good thing is that I get over it just as quickly which does tend to leave my family a bit breathless.

I was going to say housework but then I realized I never really try to do any of that.

Nitro

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 5:46pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I
I was going to say housework but then I realized I never really try to do any of that.

X-D

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 7:37pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I have a go at singing sometimes :'(

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

elTweeno

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 8:57pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I make the worst cup of tea you'll ever drink. I make it the exact same way as most people, yet it always seems really awful. I think people just drink it to be polite when its my turn to make the brews....X-D

It can, however, sober someone up very quickly.

I'm also on Twitter: elTweeno (of course!)

Chris Mac

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 9:18pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I'm quite at hopeless at supermarket shopping...panic attacks. The queues freak me out. And what is it with supermarkets? They always hide the sugar! I want all my food and stuff dropped nicely down a chute into my flat, so then I would never have to venture out at all. And a million quid would help.

Then I could twitter all day...drink copious amounts of alcohol and die quite happily sat at my computer at the age of 47.

Katrina

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 11:56pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I don't know... dancing I guess, although people think I'm good at it. I trick them into thinking I'm good, but really I just make sure that my audience is always white, so I can't fail! I mean, it's easy to slut it up at a dance or whatever, but when I danced in shows and stuff, definitely always in the back row. X-D

Oh, and I suck at waking people up, like touching people to wake them up freaks me out.

And I'm figuring this out while I type: I cannot shave my legs. Which I probably should have mastered by now, but there you go. Missed spots abound.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 1:33am Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
Cooking eggs, no matter how they begin they always end up scrambled.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 6:07am Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I had a difficult time answering this, which seems to be a trend lately.

But I figured it out just now. I don't put myself to bed very well. I procrastinate too much. I'm going to overcome it right now. Good night X-D

Really? Wow.

Katrina

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 7:38am Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
But I figured it out just now. I don't put myself to bed very well. I procrastinate too much. I'm going to overcome it right now. Good night X-D

TRUE! I cannot put myself to bed, ever. Since Christmas break I've been staying up waaaay too late (thank God my classes aren't too early this semester or I'd be dead). I seriously need someone to supervise my computer time or something. The bad thing is, I do get everything done and I do get really good grades, so I'm paranoid that one day it'll just fall apart and I won't be able to get away with it anymore...

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Mandibles

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 12:16pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
Singing and Dancing. Equal parts horrific. When done together by myself could probably rip a hole in the fabric of our reality. That's my excuse for not doing it.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Sassi

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 3:08pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I don't put myself to bed very well. I procrastinate too much.

Me too! It just doesn't make any sense with me, either; I love my bed and hate getting up in the morning. But for some reason I just decide that 1 am is the perfect time to sort through my music collection or skim through DVDs to watch my favourite bits from films/tv shows. I go through phases of disciplining myself into early nights and I always feel so much better for it, but sooner or later the procrastinating returns.

Maren

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 6:36pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
to go in for sports

michael

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 7:27pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
i'm just very awkward overall, what do you call that?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Hope

Member *

Posted Tue Feb 17th, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: The Best Thing You Do Badly
I am utterly terrible at singing - was once told to mime in a school production - and am awful at sport of all kinds, especially netball. I think I just lack coordination! It's ridiculous, really, how bad I am at it.

when I danced in shows and stuff, definitely always in the back row. X-D

ME TOO. I found some video evidence from a few years ago and I'm at the back in practically every song. So far back I'm basically off the stage and with no light at all and standing behind 3 other rows of people type At The Back. Baah. So that's something I'm not very good at either. I think it was mainly because I used to do really oddly angular dance moves.

Michael, just looked at your blog again, "DOLPHIN HAS VIOLENT HATRED FOR NOAM CHOMSKY" is ace. X-D