Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 12:26am Post subject: The Black Magician Trilogy...
Has anyone read "The Black Magician" Trilogy by Traci Canavan?! If you have, what you think about them?

I personally LOVED them, I read them all straight through in a few days. I was away in Canada at the time and all I did was read. I want to start re-reading them again...

Phlizz

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 12:53am Post subject: The Black Magician Trilogy...
I've not read them personally but they're in the library I work in. We have mostly young teenagers reading them who have read all the Harry Potter books and want something else. I don't think they are as good as Harry Potter for description, but i love the storylines. i have been meaning to read one of these for a while now. Have you read the Age of Five series as well?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 1:02am Post subject: The Black Magician Trilogy...
I bought the first one, The Magician's Guild, by mistake one day thinking it was something else - I was in a rush and grabbed a book. I got home decided I wasnt bothered reading it, left it for 6 months or so and found it again when I was packing for Canada. I started reading it on the plane and was instantly hooked. When I arrived in Canada I bought the other 2 and read them.
I LOVE the Harry Potter series.... but I have to say in terms of storyline, The BM Trilogy is better. Id check them out if I were you. Dont go by the cover or speal you've heard, read it for yourself. they are very good.

I own the first 2 of the Age of Five.... havnt started to read them yet though... I have a list of books Im reading and they are somewhere down the line hahaha

Phlizz

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 1:06am Post subject: The Black Magician Trilogy...
Well, as I said - I love the storylines - from what I've read on the covers, they sound great!

Can I ask what you thought you were buying?! X-D

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 1:53am Post subject: The Black Magician Trilogy...
haha I had 3 mins and about 20 euro to spend in a book shop before I had to run for a bus and it was kinda like a discount bookshop so I decided to go for a pot luck kinda thing of lookin at the sale books and pick a few at random.... I picked it up looked at the cover - thought it was a samuri style thingy hahah which Id NEVER go for anyway and I dont know why but I thought "sure fuck it go for something different" I didnt read the back.... I was literally judging it by its cover hahaha. and it turned out to be the exact type of book I read.... I also came away with a mystery type thing which I normally enjoy.... havnt got past the first chapter of that one Im affraid.