Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 2:46am Post subject: the book in the US, newer info
won't be out till next year according to Amazon now. March 23, 2010. that's like, forever and ever, dude!

in lieu of waiting for this properly, I was considering purchasing the book from here:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780007266357.....in-America

has anyone ever had any transactions with that site? I found a result on Google complaining about them, but others rave about it. it has free shipping worldwide, and I don't think there's much to be lost in acquiring the paperback edition. it seems the paperback is freshly published too.

maybe others don't have the same motivation to stay as cheap as possible, in which case you can also get the hardcover version from that same website.
I don't have time to read it now, so I'm not purchasing anything just yet, but if I do in the future I'll be sure to report back whether it works out.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 3:36am Post subject: the book in the US, newer info
Oh you are kidding. March 2010? Well, maybe I will bookmark that and keep it in mind. It is $4.50 less than the pre-order price I locked in. Well, if it is going to be that long, I think I will cancel my pre-order and think about possibly ordering from here. Thanks for the information and the link.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 3:26pm Post subject: the book in the US, newer info
I've never had anything but excellent dealings with book depository. That's where I bought my kids' Galore Park Latin and French texts and workbooks, as well as history materials. The shipping is free, of course, and they ship very quickly. They even did separate shipments for me once just so I'd get at least part of my order. Not very green a practice, mind you, but I didn't complain.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 5:49pm Post subject: the book in the US, newer info
I've never had anything but excellent dealings with book depository. That's where I bought my kids' Galore Park Latin and French texts and workbooks, as well as history materials. The shipping is free, of course, and they ship very quickly. They even did separate shipments for me once just so I'd get at least part of my order. Not very green a practice, mind you, but I didn't complain.

thanks for that insight! I was surprised I hadn't heard of the site earlier, so I was concerned it might be too good to be true. now the next time I'm looking to spend a little money I think I know what I'll do. thanks!

sockdolager.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 6:24pm Post subject: the book in the US, newer info
You're welcome. Glad I could help.