Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RedRose

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Hi,

This is my first time on a forum but hey a first time for everything..

Please could someone tell me if I was the only one who found the continuity of this programme frustrating? At the start of the programme Mr Fry is in New Orleans with a broken arm in February and yet finishes the episode sans broken arm in January. I do not like to be treated like an idiot, unless, of course, the programme was filmed over more than a few months, in which case I apologise.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 6:00pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Wow......I think it took something like 6 or 7 months to film, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

gjhsu

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 7:22pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Yeah, something like from Sept 07 to Apr 08, if not longer. It was quite the marathon filming.

RedRose

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 10:41pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Ok. I appreciate that it took a long time to film but still... Wasn't anyone interested in how it happened?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 11:04pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Scroll down to podgram
http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/?paged=4

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

dulieGirl

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 11:17pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
He feel off a boat. He talks all about it in his podgram.

RedRose

Posted Mon Nov 3rd, 2008 10:13pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
I think he should have mentioned it as part of the programme. Unfortunately, I do not have time to read everything but thanks for letting me know.

gjhsu

Posted Mon Nov 3rd, 2008 10:53pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
He does mention that 'unfortunately [I've] broken my arm' in reference to not being able to participate in some activity.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 12:40am Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
Yeah...its a break in continuity but things happen during a long shoot.

But yes he fell off a boat while shooting footage for Last Chance to See.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 11:33pm Post subject: The Broken Arm - Episode 3
He filmed the first leg of the America series September-December. Took a break for the Christmas holidays than went to the Amazon to film the first part of the Last Chance to See series and broke his arm. Then he filmed the rest of the America series, QI series F and Kingdom series 3. Now he's travelling around Africa before moving onto other countries filming more of Last Chance to See.

Assuming direct control...