Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

CAFR

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 8:19pm Post subject: "The Cheap-A*se Film Review."
I have a blog where I rant about, rave about and review movies. However, there's also a theme to the proceedings, as all the films I cover must be on DVD and must have cost £1.00 or less to purchase. It's a social experiment to see if it's possible to live the life of a pop culture-obsessed super-nerd in a world spiralling towards anarky due to economical meltdown. Or, in less flowery terms, it's a place where I see if you can buy good movies on the cheap.

I call it "The Cheap-Arse Film Review," and so far I have given my opinion on 18 movies, which are...

WE'VE GOT THE TOASTER (British low-budget filmmaking at it's most British and low-budget)
CAMP BLOOD (The third-worst movie I've ever seen)
THE EVIL BENEATH LOCH NESS (Featuring a monster that's not Nessie and almost no Scottish people)
GOING OVERBOARD (A fever nightmare you can't look away from, starring Adam Sandler)
AMERICAN DREAMZ (X Factor gets the Dr. Strangelove treatment)
BRAIN DEAD (NOT the one made by the bloke who would go on to make films about little gay men with big feet doing things to rings)
CROCODILE (It's directed by the man who did, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," and at one point a Crocodile blows up a truck. Need I say more?)
CREATURE (It's directed by Nicolas Cage's older brother, and has a nihilistic attitude that makes "Fight Club," look like "The Care Bears Movie." Need I say more?)
HOME ALONE 4 (Yes, this actually exists)
CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS (Jamie Lee Curtis still has nice... genetics)
SANTA WHO? (Starring Leslie Nielsen and The World's Tallest Elves)
WHITE CHRISTMAS (A lovely film, with a very misleading title)
LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD (It's a battle of the cultural stereotypes!)
STAG (Who hasn't gone to a Stag Party and accidently killed a stripper?)
CODE 46 (An interesting and... icky... version of the future)
TOUGH & DEADLY (When Rowdy Roddy Piper met the man who gave The World Tae-Bo)
VAMPIRE KILLER BARBYS (From the supposedy scary and presumably moist world of Erotic Horror)
THE MIND SNATCHERS (Filmed at a time before The Internet claimed possession of Christopher Walken's soul)

Here's the URL...

http://cheaparsefilmreview.blogspot.com/

... and if you feel like popping over and having a cheeky wee peep, I'd be most greatful. And if you like what you see and have a Blogger account yourselves, I heartily encourage you to follow my blog, and nine times out of ten I'll follow yours right back.

Also, even if you don't have a Blogger account, I've set it so anybody can comment.

Thank you for your time.

Help

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 10:52pm Post subject: "The Cheap-A*se Film Review."
Oh, oh, oh Home Alone 4 is the most terribly awful film I think I've ever seen. I mean the third installment was bad enough, exceptfrom the little rat he has in a little house around his neck but good God, that really is a terrible film!

CAFR

Posted Tue Feb 10th, 2009 11:08pm Post subject: "The Cheap-A*se Film Review."
Oh, oh, oh Home Alone 4 is the most terribly awful film I think I've ever seen. I mean the third installment was bad enough, exceptfrom the little rat he has in a little house around his neck but good God, that really is a terrible film!

I couldn't agree more. The fort one makes the third one seem like a masterpiece of cinematic storytelling.

Desdemona

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 4:52pm Post subject: "The Cheap-A*se Film Review."
Ah this sounds like fun ^__^
I shall ahve a look...

Ooo lots to read. I saw 'Down with love' on the TV i though it was quite funny, glad you kept it.

Skip Life and come with me?

CAFR

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:17pm Post subject: "The Cheap-A*se Film Review."
Thanks for reading.

And yes, I've been told before that I'm needlessly verbose.