Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

petestrike

Posted Thu Jun 16th, 2011 9:52pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

as a relative of guy gibson & one who has a inherant loathing of pc-ness and the evils that it brings to all things reasonable , i hope stephen will complete a full u-turn and include the dogs name in its full and complete form. as stated before , to change (or omit) his name puts all credibility of the telling of the story in doubt. come on stephen , grow some balls!! long live nigger!!

Spartan69

Posted Mon Jun 20th, 2011 4:27pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

Agree entirely Peterstrike

Mandala

Inactive

Posted Mon Jun 20th, 2011 11:56pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

Ah, couldn't even be bothered to modify the script? Now that is bad form. Same uncreative strategy as always. I often wonder if creativity lends with it a natural egalitarian outlook along with the ability to be more socially flexible? In any event let's save all the trouble and skip to it, shall we?

Someone comes in with an extremist political agenda betting that long term aggressive behavior will somehow normalize hate or rile up a good fight to amuse people at the detriment of genuine community-minded contributors. Seeing as how the rest of the forum might otherwise be in danger of building a functional community without the assistance of would-be segrigationalists, something must be done to establish order, clearly. Insert me. Who is tired.

"Agree entirely" is the same script run over and over again all across the internet.

I may not agree with lazy unethical tactics intent to conjure an audience, but I do defend your right to freedom of speech...

... and my right to call that leering, misogynist, racist oppression exactly why any film made should not only change the racist content, but also rename the dog entirely so that a clear break has been made and the new story clearly disavows any audience that may hang on to it as an emblem of past acceptance of an equally tired and crumbling social oppression.

When people are so busy patting themselves on the back for being crafty with social media instigation, no one stops to think about the overall message being broadcast, or the overall positive or negative social impact of just including it in a forum, which is unfortunate.

Riling people to react to racism by being racist at them is like riling children to be less aggressive by abusing them. It doesn't work. You just become the master you hate - and drag everyone else along - not a good strategy.

These little psychodramas are only amusing to people who don't get that there are other people reading the internet with life experiences deeper than the decadent privilege of people who find this sort of thing amusing, or empowering to invite along.

Of course, you wouldn't expect people unaware of the past to understand there are people excluded in an oppressive rekindling of old hate.

Again, unfortunate.

Thankfully the rest of the world is moving on and most of these scarecrows are blowing away in the wind, if for no other reason than the time spent focusing on the reinvention of hate only drains all the other possible outcomes of applied innovation that could drive any legitimate sense of entitlement.

It's just especially unfortunate if you happen to be trapped in a country with people excited by this outlook, and, perhaps like me, you'd actually rather see everyone's lives improved.

If everyone donated $1 to, say, the Southern Poverty Law Center who saw this post, it would in fact be the only thing to actively repel people with oppressive agendas from posting.

https://secure.splcenter.org/donations/donate/overview

Morris Dees is the lawyer who won 7 Million against the Klan for lynching a black youth. He gets death threats, aggressive internet slandering, you name it, all so friends like Peter can continue to be privileged and everyone else can continue something more near to human life.

How much money could we raise for August AND clean up the forum simultaneously if we donated? Or better yet, really thought long and hard about the next internet meme worth spreading?

Spartan69

Posted Tue Jun 21st, 2011 12:08pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

^^ **yawn**

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Jun 21st, 2011 4:08pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

I don't even know if this is worth talking about at all. I cannot see it anywhere on Mr. Jackson's upcoming production schedule and that is booked all the way out to a third Tintin movie. It appears to have either been dropped or shelved for now. Everything that I have found thus far that says it's going to shoot in 2011 was from several years back when they delayed production.

But IMDB posts what project a person is working on in terms of preproduction, announced, post production, etc. and Mr. Jackson doesn't have the Dambusters remake anywhere neither does Mr. Fry. So when Mr. Jackson said "If all goes well, we'll start on Dambusters in 2010" apparently things didn't go well or things went so well it has been tabled.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

diggerblonde

Posted Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 1:54pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

Just to go off at a tangent - hey Stephen if you read this and you're interested we're carrying out archaeological work at St Vincent's in Grantham where the code word Nigger was received on that night in 1943. We're working on behalf of the owner looking for a 'lost' bunker which may or not be there, but in the meantime we've come up with some Quite Interesting stuff. In fact - anyone who has info on the Group 5 HQ - please feel free to get in touch - the more info the better!

Mandala

Inactive

Posted Sun Jul 3rd, 2011 6:28pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

Per the question I received in an direct message, since there was interest in how the responses have been incorrectly categorized, I am responding, more as a public service. There have been numerous posts about this topic using increasingly hostile, discriminatory, and highly contextual references.

The topic posts have been spammed throughout the board repeating a baiting debate tactic which includes making statements without responding to reasonable rebuttals, choosing to start new threads with the same topic when an argument is reasonably questioned and refuted in the previous thread, and not blending the topics appropriately so that the full context of who said what in the argument is clear in current first glance.

As the spamming has finally ended, and it appears the most vitriolic posts I responded towards professionally and accurately have become inactive, leaving a few of my comical and/or less contextualized remarks. Personally I stand by my actions and further apologize to anyone who does not know all of the back story leading up to my decision to refute repetitive discriminatory arguments knowing it would initially draw more attention to the content that was being posted without conversation.

From what I can tell, there were many more posts and threads that are not represented in the way the posts were ultimately compiled. This is not a mistake, it's simply a characteristic of forum posting. People need to be aware of it, and not expect to understand the full nefariousness of bored internet users in two posts or less. Thanks for your patience, cheers everyone and have a Happy 4th!

rollosnook

Posted Mon Aug 1st, 2011 1:56pm Post subject: The Dambusters script

The answer is very simple. Don't change history, use the word, but censor it.

I don't there is any other solution.

To be honest it is even simpler than that. You see the pilots rejoice as the dam breaks, cuts to operations room at Scampton. "I've received the code-word sir".

This remains historically correct and prevents a riot.

The filmmakers could refuse to discuss the issue also, it's disrespectful to the KIA and the drowned Germans, foreign workers and prisoners of war, to let politics hijack a more important message.