Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 4:38am Post subject: The End of America
Although I think the title's a tad dramatic, has anyone seen this documentary? I think all the episodes are on YouTube, but thought I'd post this one on the 'closing of a society'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOGgZRQ-cpk&feature=related

Now I'll probably wind up 'the watch list' just for posting this X-D Hopefully I'll be able to finish watching the whole thing before 'they' come and kick in my door and drag me off for a little fun torture in a secret prison...

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 12:55pm Post subject: The End of America
Even watching just a little of this raises a lot of questions for me, including my discomfort with the second Amendment. Perhaps many people are interpreting it correctly. Maybe I do need to protect myself from the very government who would protect me? I don't know. And Bush asking for help in that disingenuous fashion? Yikes.

On another note, the black shirts: Is this the group Wodehouse was poking fun at with Roderick Spodes's Black Shorts? I don't think I've ever read anything about that.

Nitro

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 3:27pm Post subject: The End of America
I would really recommend to anyone I can that they bother to sit through all episodes. I think there's 7 of them on youtube. There are 10 similarities drawn between other governments who closed previously open societies. America and the UK have followed nearly all ten steps to the letter. Currently there are over one million Americans on 'the watch list' of Homeland security. Wolf is one of them and so is a heavily decorated Vietname veteran who made the terrible mistake ( sarcasm inserted ) of writing articles expressing why he thought the war in Iraq was wrong and also brought up some facts about the TSA ( airport authorities ).. He served his country bravely and is now considered a potential 'enemy combatant' by the government he served. Those two words ( 'enemy combatant' applied toa free citizen ) scare me because they're not far from the words that Stalin and his cronies used to arrest people on a whim, with no trial, and get shipped off to the gulags ( marked as 'enemies of the state' - SOMETIMES because they actually expressed a dissenting opinion ).

And then try this one on for size:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwWcp9eiPw&feature=related

"New York city is defined in the Federal Regulations as the United Nations" X-D

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 3:45pm Post subject: The End of America
I'll have to have a look at these.

And give my best to Dante. It's been a while since he and I have talked.

Nitro

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 3:53pm Post subject: The End of America
I'll have to have a look at these.

And give my best to Dante. It's been a while since he and I have talked.

Yes, and Dante says he's missed your conversations very much and hopes you'll come around because the weather's gorgeous this time of year

Really? Wow.