Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

EllieK

Posted Tue Aug 14th, 2012 7:49pm Post subject: The Fluffette Chronicles - Birthday Project

It was well after lights off at Pucklechurch prison but Stephen still lay quite awake on his bed staring at the ceiling of the cell. Tears rolled down his face as he thought of the day that had been. Next to him on the bed lay a stack of carefully cut out crossword puzzles that his mother had brought with her earlier that day.
He had closed his eyes for a moment when he heard the strangest sound that made him spring up from the bed. In the corner of the cell appeared out of thin air a bright blue object, it appeared then vanished and then appeared again as if it was blinking in and out of reality itself before taking solid form.
He smiled as the object reminded him of a childhood show he loved and assumed he must be dreaming.
The door opened from what he now knew was a blue police box and out came a young man and a woman with red hair. As Stephen stared quite speechless, (which was quite unusual for him), the woman asked the man "where are we?" the man, who was dressed in a brown suit with a red bow-tie, looked around and answered "don't know, lets ask him" now looking straight into the blue eyes of the still staring Stephen. "Hello" said the man stretching out his hand for a good shake, "I am the doctor and this", he pointed with his free hand to the woman, "is Amy, could you be so kind to let me know where we are?"
"Um", said Stephen, who tried hard to regain control of his vocal cords, "the.. the.. the doctor as in the doctor doctor?" He asked, hoping he was making some kind of sense. "Ah you've heard of me!" spoke the doctor who seemed to be so pleased with this as a child who just been given his favourite kind of candy, "now where are we?"
Before Stephen could answer Amy suddenly stood before him and yelled "OMG you are Stephen Fry!" then turned to the Doctor and yelled again "he is Stephen Fry!" as if she could not believe that it really was him. Stephen was so startled by this that he suddenly found his words again and said, "yes I am, have we met?" "Nooo" answered Amy "I've never been so lucky well until now of course but I know you, as everyone knows you naturally." Before she had taken a breath to say more the doctor stepped in, "careful Amy, he looks very young". Amy understood what the doctor meant, the Stephen before her looked more like a boy than a man and she asked quickly "how old are you? 20?" "Just 18" answered Stephen who was getting quite confused by the couple before him. The doctor looked around the cell now and lightened up as if the solution to a difficult problem had just hit him over the head, "of course!" he shouted out. "These are your prison days" he said to Stephen, "these are his prison days" he repeated to Amy as if she couldn't have heard him the first time. "Coool" answered Amy who now picked up the puzzles that still laid on his bed. "Look" she said holding them up for the doctor to see, "the crosswords that his mum cut out".
Stephens eyes filled with tears again seeing the little stack, the doctor patted him on his back like an old friend would do and asked "Hard day?" In answer Stephen just nodded, sniffing back a sob.
Now the doctor stood right before him, resting one hand on his shoulder and looking him straight into his eyes. "You might not know it but you will be brilliant, I promise" he said. Something in his voice made Stephen truly take to heart the words he spoke and dimly smiled a smile that was answered with a wider and warmer one on the doctor's face.
Then the doctor snapped his fingers that opened the blue doors of the box and said joyfully "Amy, we are leaving". "Why?" asked Amy, but the doctor just gestured to the open door which worked as if it were an order to get in and both walked into the box and closed the door behind them.
The blue police box vanished as it had appeared Leaving Stephen behind with a smile on his face.
In the tardis Amy could not resist to ask her doctor, "what will become of him, I mean in my future?"
The doctor smiled and said "on his 100th birthday the queen came over for tea and spoke the legendary words 'will this suffice Mr. Fry or do I need to bring back the telegram service for the occasion?'. That is all the sneak peek you get Amy Pond".

fryfan20

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

EllieK

Posted Tue Aug 21st, 2012 3:06pm Post subject: The Fluffette Chronicles - Birthday Project

The Fortune-Teller

On his way to the rehearsals of “Twelfth Night” Stephen passed a shop window he had never noticed before. In the window was a sign which read:
“Fortune-telling, tarot readings, palm readings – Esmeralda knows your future”
In a sudden bout of curiosity Stephen entered the shop and looked around. The typical accessories of a psychic were scattered all over the room: animal skulls, candles, leather-bound books with strange letterings. A woman sat at a table, a deck of tarot cards and a round object covered with a piece of purple velvet cloth in front of her. She looked up at him and smiled.
“Welcome, Mr. Fry. I’ve been expecting you. Please sit down and make yourself comfortable.”
Stephen, confused, did as he was told.
“You’ve been expecting me?”, he asked.
“Well, I’m a fortune-teller after all”, the woman replied and removed the velvet cloth from the object in front of her which turned out to be a crystal ball.
“Well”, said Stephen, “As I’m here now and as I have encountered lots of bizarre and ominous things in the recent past I might as well listen to what you have to tell me about my future.”
Esmeralda nodded and replied,
“It is not only your future I’m going to tell you about. You are a special man, and this reading will therefore be special too. It is going to cover your past, present and future.”
She moved her hands over the crystal ball, closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and then fixed her gaze at the shiny object. In a low voice she began reciting the following:

"A copy of the Beano, tatty satchel and a mind in silhouette,
Told sometime that there was nothing to worry about,
Yet found in Swindon with a brace of tender regrets,
A springboard to fame with one called Laurie he shouts.

Baaaah!
In an Adder that’s Black, no need to look back, his purpose is clear, Tell the Morris men that only The Cellar tapes will do,
With Ben Elton and friends there’s so much in that he will appear, though never have him ride again in The Crystal Cube.

Being a Young One at heart, began a fresh start and a Saturday Live, Only the mad would play General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, With Absolute Power and with ease, commands that everyone laughs,
With the adventures of Fry and Laurie we laugh till we’re all in bits.

On Moabs and washpots, Stephen sails a lot and America receives
Tell the Morris men only internet and Apples will do
An unmistakable rich voice filled with so much already achieved,
The West End work, sit back, absorb and enjoy all the reviews."

Stephen had listened to her with a look of astonishment on his face at first but this look turned into a skeptical frown as the reciting progressed. When she had finished he sighed.
“I don’t want to sound rude but I am very certain that you have gleaned all this information from Wikipedia. This fortune-telling is just a big hoax, isn’t it? You have noticed me passing by your shop window for the past few days and have prepared yourself for my coming in. Admit it.”
Esmeralda dropped her gaze and admitted that his assessment of the facts was true.
“I’m very sorry”, she said, “But I’m such a big fan of yours and I was hoping that you would be coming in and I wanted to impress you and ...”
Stephen stopped her by putting his hand on hers. He gently squeezed it and said,
“It’s alright, dear. You may be a bad psychic but you appear to be an excellent poet. What do you think about pursuing a career as a writer of poetry?”
She looked at him and said that she had no training in this field and that not much money would be in it, too. Stephen laughed and produced a book from his bag.
“Here’s a book on poetry I wrote. It’s called “The Ode Less Travelled”. As W Somerset Maugham said, 'The crown of literature is poetry. It is the sublimest activity of the human mind.' And there can't be that much money in fortune-telling anyway!"
She took the book gratefully and said,
“Thank you so much. I think I will give poetry a go.”
Stephen left Esmeralda’s shop and smiled.

Desideria, EllieK & 1so-Static

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

1so-Static

Posted Tue Aug 21st, 2012 3:13pm Post subject: The Fluffette Chronicles - Birthday Project

OMG one blushes

Only one minor tiny tweak ...the verses need re-justifying so there start and end lines are in the right place

or perhaps it'll be right on the page and it's my browser that's muddling it up

Thank you, thank you

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

EllieK

Posted Tue Aug 21st, 2012 3:40pm Post subject: The Fluffette Chronicles - Birthday Project

Yes, sorry about that, my bad! When I emailed it to tsirafauna it was all typed properly, so should be fine
Glad you like it!