Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maxx England

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 8:40pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
Just discovered, years after everybody else, the joys of Google Translate, and posted in the German Thread.

Wonder how long until we really do have a Babel fish in our ears?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 9:25pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
An interesting question. I wonder how different the world would be if we could all understand each other.

Maxx England

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
You mean at last, the masculine half of the population will know exactly what a woman means when she says something?

andrealein

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 9:54pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
You mean at last, the masculine half of the population will know exactly what a woman means when she says something?
That's not worth thinking about... it's never going to happen.

Help

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:17pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
Was I the only one who thought this was about actual tongues and not Google Translate?

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:26pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
Was I the only one who thought this was about actual tongues and not Google Translate?
No, I thought it was too.
And also, be careful with Google Translate, it doesn't always give correct translations.

Help

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:36pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
I think if we had a conversation people might need Google Translate.
Assuming you're from Newcastle

On a seperate but related note I used to have my tongue pierced, I don't anymore

PamJH

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:43pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

As Jeeves would say, that contingency is a remote one, sir.

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:51pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

Aha, yeah I am from Newcastle. Although, I don't speak with Geordie accent (not sure why, when i've lived here most of my life), I can understand it, and i'm pretty sure I could type it! Ye knaa what ah mean leik?

Help

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:58pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

Aha, yeah I am from Newcastle. Although, I don't speak with Geordie accent (not sure why, when i've lived here most of my life), I can understand it, and i'm pretty sure I could type it! Ye knaa what ah mean leik?

Aye, aa knaa what ya mean!
I have a really bad Geordie accent, well not bad, broad? Strong? Something like that

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 12:06am Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

I have a really bad Geordie accent, well not bad, broad? Strong? Something like that

haha. Ootside! Yee and me!
Gonna turn this post into a Geordie speaking post? hahha.

Help

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 12:16am Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

Best not, most people wont be able to understand, and a certain individual, who goes by the name of Maxx, will threaten to put us BOTH on a longboat and send us back where we came from, he's nice like that

JSKanga84

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 3:21am Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
Google translate?! *shudder* It's the plague of mankind!!!!!!! My student's try to speak/write Spanish with Google translate, and it's always a disaster.

exoskeleton

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 3:52am Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues
Google translate?! *shudder* It's the plague of mankind!!!!!!! My student's try to speak/write Spanish with Google translate, and it's always a disaster.

oh, do you teach Spanish!? *kidnaps you*
not really, that's a bit aggressive. X-D I am working to learn Spanish this summer (taking a course, perhaps two) and so far I really enjoy it. my textbook is wedged between my laptop and my lap right now in fact!
me llamo exo.
also j'ai un petit cadeau dans la tête où je garde quelques mots de la langue français. la boîte pourrait avoir un collier ou un anneau, un livre ou même un CD serait trop grande.

sockdolager.

Maxx England

Posted Wed May 27th, 2009 12:37pm Post subject: The Gift Of Tongues

Best not, most people wont be able to understand, and a certain individual, who goes by the name of Maxx, will threaten to put us BOTH on a longboat and send us back where we came from, he's nice like that

I told you before, the longboat is cancelled; I've even rescinded the shortboat. Just musing here, what happens if you write Geordie in a Germanic fashion? As an experiment, would any Deutsche volk here like to try reading and translating Geordie into German and back to English? It would probably be bizarre gibberish, but fun to try.