Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Charlie

Posted Sat Feb 24th, 2007 11:38am Post subject: The Great Things We've Done!
An opportunity to share your experiences. Only the good ones (i'll start another thread for the bad).

Where have you been, what have you done, what have you achieved?

JVONEARTH

Posted Sat Feb 24th, 2007 3:29pm Post subject: The Great Things We've Done!
My dad was ill for a great part of his life. I think the thought of someone being worse off than me. I done as much for him as i could through really bad times (and it was bad).
And looking back on it my brothers who thought they were stronger than me couldn't suffer it.
Only regret was turning up at the hospital and watching him die knowing i couldn't do anything and just watching him go.
That will stay with me for the rest of my life.

mazikeen

Posted Thu Mar 1st, 2007 2:15pm Post subject: The Great Things We've Done!
nothing that makes the public shudder, I'm afraid ...

but I had the impression (don't know if it's true) that many people liked the fact that I showed a genuine interest in them, (like the old farmer around the corner, who explained the complete history of my neighborhood to me, or the woman in the small night shop, lonely and bored - she gave me extra sigarettes and candy

blacksquirrel

Posted Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 11:52pm Post subject: The Great Things We've Done!
the greatest things i've achieved are only things that i think i would appreciate, things that amuse me, things in my own head, really, i'm not teasing with the promise of more information, words can't describe some of them, when i'm 'up' i'm proud i am who i am, that's all i can say to explain it. i think you'll understand what i mean. its always the little things that mean the most to me!

i'm happy to hear lots of wonderful inspirational stories though - i'm always happy to hear these