Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 8:55am Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
He's an extremely overweight and unhealthy man. Think what you want but the facts speak for themselves.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 2:17pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Because He is in the public eye, and object of our admiration, it does not automatically give us the public free reign to talk about his personal attributes. Dont start into the "He's fat and disgusting" vrs "He has character, leave him be" debate... Its not fair or kind.

And I can sense an aggresive responce to this coming..... *not looking at anyone in particular*

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 6:48pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Because He is in the public eye, and object of our admiration, it does not automatically give us the public free reign to talk about his personal attributes. Dont start into the "He's fat and disgusting" vrs "He has character, leave him be" debate... Its not fair or kind.

And I can sense an aggresive responce to this coming..... *not looking at anyone in particular*

I simply stated the facts. If I was being aggressive you would know about it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 6:56pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
He's an extremely overweight and unhealthy man. Think what you want but the facts speak for themselves.

Have you seen his health record? His glucose number? His cholesterol breakdown? An X-ray of his lungs? An MRI of his organs? (Dont' say it, Fryphile.) The FACT is he could be healthier than most of us. Even perhaps more so than the youngsters among us.

There is much that is extreme about Stephen Fry but his weight and presumed crappy state of health are not among them.

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 7:42pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)

Have you seen his health record? His glucose number? His cholesterol breakdown? An X-ray of his lungs? An MRI of his organs? (Dont' say it, Fryphile.) The FACT is he could be healthier than most of us. Even perhaps more so than the youngsters among us.

There is much that is extreme about Stephen Fry but his weight and presumed crappy state of health are not among them.

Not with that physique.

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 10:58pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Meh. Looks can be deceiving. My older brother runs seven miles a day, plays semi-pro soccer twice a week and occasionally lifts weights. However, he also eats a lot and has a very squat build. So when people see him, they see a fat guy. If they'd try to hit him, however, they'd break their fingers.

yeeaaaaah!!

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 11:13pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
everyone has issues with their body and appearence.
theres no need to be quite so blunt by saying 'he is an extremely over weight and unhealthy man' thats not exactly helping anything...at all.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 11:28pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Wow, this has degenerated into a farce.

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 12:05am Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
I agree. Lock it down?

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 9:23am Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
It's not farce at all.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 12:30pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Wow, this has degenerated into a farce.

Quite the truth, Atari. And in record time too.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 5:06pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
People have a lot of presumptions about things but unless they have been there themselves or know all the facts, they really are talking out of their hat.

Dont start all the easy comments and the attitude of "he is this so he must be that, why cant he just do something about it" Meeky because it is NOT that easy, its not that straight forward and Not all overweight people are unhealthy.

And before you try and correct me on it, Dont. I myself am overweight AND healthy, Ive had all the medical checks so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 6:17pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
People have a lot of presumptions about things but unless they have been there themselves or know all the facts, they really are talking out of their hat.

Dont start all the easy comments and the attitude of "he is this so he must be that, why cant he just do something about it" Meeky because it is NOT that easy, its not that straight forward and Not all overweight people are unhealthy.

Overweight = unhealthy. End of discussion. I didn't judge, I just told the truth.

And before you try and correct me on it, Dont. I myself am overweight AND healthy, Ive had all the medical checks so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Exactly what medical checks?

If you're overweight you are not healthy. I personally have no desire to discuss your state of wellbeing but since you mentioned it go ahead.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 6:28pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Over weight is not ideal, it is not "healthy" in that it is not the bar to which everybody must meet - but it is not UNhealthy as in you are not healthy because you are overweight. you CAN lead a healthy life with no problems.
Im not saying everyone is that way, Im saying it is possible and it isnt just a minority. Dont speak for all overweight peole when you say stuff like that.

My uncle (who is a string bean) has high cholesteral so all of our family got checked out - mine is perfect
My dad and 5 of his siblings are Coeliacs (allergic to gluten) so I got checked for allergies in general including gluten - I have none
Ive had blood tests for diabetes, thyroid, breath tests for asthama, heart rate and blood pressure. All perfect.
Bare in mind both my parents work in a hospital and are freaks when it comes to checking us out. my sister has had the same and she dosnt have a weight problem.

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 6:46pm Post subject: The Great Weight Debate (split from Shrink Rap)
Meeks, quit being a bitch.