Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Tue Apr 14th, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
So, this is just a part of the short childrens story i'm attempting to create. :

The streets filled with screams.
A gunshot fired.
The lights faded.
Almost like a play written on someones life, ready to close the curtain as the final scene was played out. Was I the villain by per chance? Or merely a one time character with no importance. No... I had a life and he ended it, it matters not if I was important to him or not. I was important to those who cried for me as my coffin was buried in the cold soil.

Mother who loved me once, do not stand before my grave and weep.
I am not there, I will not sleep.
Until my murderer shalt be punished, for the pain he caused to you and I.
Angels watch over my mother for I cannot.
But one day we'll be together, as time goes by.

There's a place I like to go when I feel alone on the cold, windy nights of silence through the city streets. The rooftops of every building in that area, it has a cold feeling, the seasons are attracted to the cold and only the colld can get to the hearts of the citizens there. Upon the highest building, there sits a little girl, on some nights, dressed in the same light colours from the previous evening. She prays there, and waits until an angel will answer her prayers to bring her sister back. She sits there for hours without end, sometimes she falls asleep, then her father comes to take her home. Pitiful, perhaps, the someone cannot move on towards their future instead of meddling in their sorrows. Well, isn't that what i'm doing? Not moving on without finding my killer is the reason I shall not move on towards the after life. I refuse. I suppose I shouldn't look down upon peoples sorrows trying to make them less superior to my own. This girl might much more interesting to watch over, than just to pitifully look down on her from the skies. I looked into her bedroom window, to find her awake again, but this time, she was writing on pieces of rectangular charms and putting her withes onto them, then she stuck them to the wall opposite. I felt strangely depressed by her actions, yet she was smiling cheerfully as she aimlessly stuck her wishes upon her bedroom walls. I faded into her bedroom and one by one i read her wishes carefully considering them:

"I wish sister would back to me so we can play like we used to."
"I wish I had a friend who'd stay with me forever"
"I wish that father would stay home more often"
"I wish that you chant everyone else's dreams before mine"

The last one, I read, was quite painful in someways, mainly by the way she writes all of these over and over, but still wants to wait until everyone looks down upon her before she can be able to look towards her future. I wrote two wishes down myself:

"I wish this girl to be able to see me so I can make her dreams come true as well as mine. I wish we could confront our sorrows together and overcome them with our hearts."

Is it strange the compassion I felt for that girl, running up and down her bedroom sticking wishes upon her walls, when she knew that they would perhaps never be granted.
I suppose, she wants what I want. Happiness. Sorrow to be over come. And to believe in hope. Something to believe in when you look towards yourself in a mirror, something...anything.
I can hold when she is crying, but she will never feel me there, I can only hear her weep her sorrows, and feel her tears drop towards my hans as I wipe them away.
"Who are you?" the girl spoke looking straight at me, with her wide eyes scanning me like a radar.
"You can see me?" I said quietly trying not to scare her.
"Did the angel... answer my wish? Sister said that the angels will answer your wishes if you wish really hard... are you the angel?" She said as she grabbed on tightly to my arm making sure I wouldn't leave.
"Yes, i'm the person who'll watch over you from now on" I whispered in her ear as I gave her a hug gently. I stayed with her that night until she fell asleep in my arms, I'll hold you until you stop crying, little one.

I'm not an angel but I'll watch over you, until we rid of our sorrows.

Nitro

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 7:34pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
What is the title of the book again? What age group is it going to be marketed towards?

It's nice to see a children's story that isn't condescending towards children.

Really? Wow.

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 7:38pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
What is the title of the book again? What age group is it going to be marketed towards?

It's nice to see a children's story that isn't condescending towards children.
Its not so much of a book, just a story really, I don't have the intelligence capacity or time to write a whole book.
And the story is called The Guardian.
So far, its only four parts (this being the first), which are about the same length as this, following on from each other, a bit like short chapters.
Thanks for the comment!

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 7:39pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
Also, forgot the target market, I would guess, probably around 12-14 year olds are most likely to enjoy the story.

Nitro

Posted Thu Apr 23rd, 2009 10:33pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
Looking forward to reading the rest if you post it.

Really? Wow.

MoonLightSpiral

Posted Fri Apr 24th, 2009 8:50pm Post subject: The Guardian:Something To Believe In. - A part of my story.
Looking forward to reading the rest if you post it.
i might try to, might have to wait a bit for it, all of my GCSE exams are starting now. (:
And what with revision, school, exams and what not... you get the idea.