Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TheDuchess24

Posted Tue Sep 7th, 2010 11:57pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

Anyone else here a big fan of the delicious King of snark that is Snape or else just Harry Potter in general?

I only ask because, well, I'm a bit of a Severus addict.

I obsess and obsess and obsess about this series and am always looking for new people to natter with about it!

So I ask you now, who is your No.1 favourite HP character of all time?

A 17 year old girl from Hampshire with an unhealthy obsession for many things, including the irritatingly unavailable Mr Fry. Will most certainly attempt to kidnap him in the future and force him to marry me.

I apologize in advance, Stephen. ;)

'I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.' - Bram Stoker.

My blog can be found here!

pebbles

Posted Fri Sep 10th, 2010 3:21pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

Showing my mental age probably, but I *love* Peeves.

TheDuchess24

Posted Sat Sep 11th, 2010 2:53pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

Yes, I have to agree Peeves is a fantastic character!

(Still fairly annoyed that he was never in any of the movies!!)

A 17 year old girl from Hampshire with an unhealthy obsession for many things, including the irritatingly unavailable Mr Fry. Will most certainly attempt to kidnap him in the future and force him to marry me.

'I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.' - Bram Stoker.

pebbles

Posted Wed Sep 15th, 2010 8:28am Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

(Still fairly annoyed that he was never in any of the movies!!)

especially since he would apparently have been played by Rik Mayall (at least he said that in an interview that's on youtube somewhere)...that would have been far too good

TheDuchess24

Posted Wed Sep 22nd, 2010 6:58pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

Really!? I never heard that before. This DEFINITELY makes me wish he was in the movies. In fact there are a lot of things that should have been in them, but alas...most people aren't going to watch a four hour film or something crazy like that..

Boog

Posted Tue Sep 28th, 2010 6:03pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

I'm a big Harry Potter fan. I do wish that iTunes in North America would give a choice between Stephen's audiobooks and the ones recorded by Jim Dale for the NA audience

"Murphy was an optimist."

TheDuchess24

Posted Fri Oct 1st, 2010 7:49pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

Ah that sucks. Maybe order them?

TripsOverHisCats

Posted Fri Oct 1st, 2010 9:49pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

I got them via Ebay - usually that works well. Both English versions were rather hard to come by her. They arrived the day before yesterday. Listening on every occassion, at the moment.

If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
* Dorothy Parker

bjstevens

Posted Mon Oct 4th, 2010 6:57am Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

I love Hermoine a lot! I mean, she's smart and pretty... but if I were her i would stick with Harry and not Ron... hahaha..

TheDuchess24

Posted Wed Oct 6th, 2010 2:48pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

@TripsOverHisCats

Glad you were able to get them! Nobody should be deprived of such awesomeness!

TheDuchess24

Posted Wed Oct 6th, 2010 2:49pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Express

@bjstevens

And yeah I agree, I've always thought her and Harry would make a good match. BUT, Ron and Hermione have a chemistry that cannot be denied. <3