Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:02pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
For a split second out of the corner of my eye I could have sworn that Fryphile's said "Brave, chivalrous, gorgeous."

So did I.

And damn right I took that wallet. The question said there was a "small amount" of money in it. It there were thousands of dollars tucked in it, I would've turned it in.

Maybe.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:04pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
You may not like Harry Potter, but you certainly sound more informed than me. I've only seen the 1st 2 films (on DVD without much real interest) and never read any of the books.

jewel

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:05pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat

Slytherin - 15
Gryffindor - 11
Ravenclaw - 10
Hufflepuff - 5

should I be worried?

"The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!"

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:07pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
Yey, our first snakey!!

jewel

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:10pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
definitely

damn I took that wallet...and gladly would let the air out of my boss' car tire if he yelled on me so unfairly...

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:16pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
You may not like Harry Potter, but you certainly sound more informed than me. I've only seen the 1st 2 films (on DVD without much real interest) and never read any of the books.

I read books 1,2 and 5, in futile hope that "maybe the next one will be better."

jewel

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:17pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
my advice is then, read the seventh in my humble opinion it's the best of series...

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:19pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
my advice is then, read the seventh in my humble opinion it's the best of series...

Nah, I think I'll pass. Why slug through several hundred pages of Rowling-prose when I've got a pile of better books waiting to be read?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:32pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
Good thing I didn't make that bet, isn't it?

jewel

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:48pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
AxmxZ, it's ok... I have better books to read too, but... I think there's still a little girl inside me and I enjoy those fairy tales
My childhood's dream was to have a longest fairy-tale book, because I read fast even as a child and hated to have nothing new to read

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 7:02pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
Good thing I didn't make that bet, isn't it?

Hahahahaha.. nice one.

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 10:05pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat

Well done! Everyone knows Griffyndor is the best.

Is that Harry's house? *expects flaming*

Harry, Hermione, Ron (all the Weasleys) and Neville Longbottom! (He was in my dream last night... He was playing Cluedo on my sister's bed.

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 10:10pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
Here's one that I really like. Long, but really good. I got 86 for Ravenclaw, 83 for Hufflepuff, 76 for Gryffindor, and 48 for Slytherin.

I put that one with the first post now!

I wonder if my result will be different...

Hufflepuff 88
Ravenclaw 66
Gryffindor 61
Slytherin 41

I'm a Hufflepuff at heart, it seems.

lady_galahad

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 3:31am Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
hm...Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff - 14
Ravenclaw - 11
Gryffindor - 8
Slytherin - 8

And then Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw - 84
Gryffindor - 68
Hufflepuff - 66
Slytherin - 50

And just to put my two cents in, I thought that the seventh book was the worst of the lot. I'm still not quite sure why I bought all the books when they came out. I only really read them once.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 12:24pm Post subject: The Hogwarts Sorting Hat
<p><br>Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?</p>

On the second quiz I got:

Ravenclaw 91
Gryffindor 89
Hufflepuff 88
Slytherin 45

On the Sorting Hat application on Facebook I got Ravenclaw.

"non-academic" - the whole 'Would you help out someone in trouble even if..?" angle. That does nothing to establish a Ravenclaw.

I agree, though. I'm sure I'm not noble enough to be Griffindore. Hell, I said I'd take the wallet. Be honest, who said they wouldn't?

I wouldn't. I tend to find a lot of stuff, mostly jewelry, and I always feel bad about it. I've got a few signs in my apartment right now that I need to take down to the communal laundry area: "DID YOU LOSE A NECKLACE? If so, email me at _address_ with a description."

I wouldn't either. I'd feel too bad. I feel bad picking a fiver off the floor if I find one. I'm the kind of person who talks to strangers on buses and run after them if they've left or dropped something.

I read books 1,2 and 5, in futile hope that "maybe the next one will be better."

You missed out two of the best books in the series - 3 and 4. I haven't finished seven yet (it's been put on hold because I can never get round to reading it) but what I have read has been brilliant so far so it could easily join 3, 4 and 5 as the best in the series. There hasn't been a dull moment.

Assuming direct control...