Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 7:05pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
What a great idea. I love this. It's very good gadgetgeekgirl. Keep it up!

Assuming direct control...

gadgetgirl

Posted Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 9:33pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Rest
Chapter 1 Verse 1 @stevekennedyuk Got your email. Africa going well... just praying my cold doesn't stop me seeing the gorillas on Tuesday x
1:2 Woken up to a fine African morning. Will watch Grand Prix while editing footage for Web site upload x
1:3 He's a bit brash perhaps, and he makes silly mistakes, but what else is youth for? I'm supporting Hamilton. x
1:4 @velvetbeaches Good night. Thanks for the messages on YouTube ... sorry I don't have time to answer at length. Tweets suit me better x
1:5 May have to change rooms. Just spotted that the TV doesn't work...
1:6 It's all too tense-making ...
1:7 Phew! Well done Lewis ... on to Brazil ... x
1:8 http://twitpic.com/h2s8 - Since some of you expressed the wish to see a Nile Perch. Here one is x
1:9 @coliwilso Not photoshopped. A screen grab from video, as I didn't take a still x
Chapter 2 Verse 1 Just had lunch. Going for a walk around this part of the Lake Victoria shoreline x
2:2 Finished editing. Uploading two vids. Achingly slow server. X
2:3 @davebriggs Just a Flip Ultra. Handy, down and dirty beats complex, heavy and precious out here.
2:4 @billt How right you are Bill! (I can tell from the pic that it's THE Bill T. who else has that hair? Best S x
2:5 Suppertime. Asian food here excellent, but surely can't have black dahl again. Hm. x
2:6 Why thank you kindly, ohb x
2:7 @orangehairedboy Why thank you kindly, ohb x
2:8 Delicious dinner. Up v early tomorrow: 5.00 am=3.00am BST. Not sure what signal there'll be in Bwindi, but I'll do my best to tweet x
2:9 @galadrial Did you? How marvellous. Dare I ask how much? Yes I did wear them when in frisky mood. X
2:10 @steelskyrust I was in Kentucky in November, Simon x
2:11 Off to Bwindi. Highly likely I'll be unable to send any tweets for several days. I'll do my best, I promise. Much love to you all. x

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Nov 24th, 2008 10:33pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Grillaz
In which our hero speaks a foreign language, gets several massages, and meets many new friends

Chapter 1 Verse 1 Just landed. Faint signal. Hope this gets through.
1:2 My clever driver Robert has taken me to a place where rhrr is network reception. All well. Gorillas tomorow x
1:3 Just about to set off on gorilla trek and -miracle- a signal! Awaiting news from advance trackers as to where group is.x
1:4 3 hour trek ahead! One hour with gorillas, 3 hours back. Bye x
1:5 Oh my sainted pyjamas! Just spent 1 1/2 hrs SO close to a group of gorillas. Unbelievably marvellous x
1:6 Won't be able to upload pix for some time, sadly. Not sure when next near net.
Chapter 2 Verse 1 Glowing like a radioactive tomato. A mixture of exertion and sheer radiant happiness. Long walk ahead, tho x
2:2 w00t! Grillaz like totally PWN the jungle, innit x
2:3 @acarvin Just to say that Gladys is in Kampala, so I missed seeing ctph, but I hear about them everywhere. Thanks for the "heads up" x
Chapter 3 Verse 1 Visiting Bwindi Community Hospital, run by a totally inspirational doctor called Paul Williams. AM gorillas, PM humans - both top notch x
3:2 Thanks for response to tweets from the wild. Got Internet access at a hospital here. Can't stay online for more than 5 mins. x
3:3 Tomorrow on road to Queen Elizabeth Park (Inshasha) to see tree lions. Will tweet as and when I can x
3:4 Way-hey! A signal. Not data, tho. Travelling from Bwindi to Queen Elizabeth Park. More later x
3:5 Stopped off in village called Khihi for bottles of warm tonic water x
3:6 Arrived Ishasha Wilderness Camp, Q. Elizabeth Pk, Uganda. Faint signal Beautiful. Lunch then filming elephants.
Chapter 4 Verse 1 There's a river running by my tent: a herd of elephants just stopped there for a drink. Fabulous x
4:2 I am 7 yards from a lion asleep in a tree. 2 others draped on different limbs of the same figtree x
4:3 Oh my stars. SO close to the lions. Sunset now, they're off to hunt. x
4:4 Simply surrounded by elephants this morning. Three herds. Magnificent. x
4:5 On the Congolese border looking at a school of hippos.
4:6 One of the hippos has a wire snare biting into his leg. Bastard poachers.
4:7 They kill rhinos for horn, elephants for ivory, hippos for meat & ivory. It's the end buyers I blame grrrr
Chapter 5 Verse 1 More lions this pm - males with proud manes. Kampala tomorrow: Internet! Chance to upload pix &c! Rah! x
5:2 Perfect end to a perfect day: gin & tonic outside my tent watching sun go down. Birdsong here most beautiful in world x
5:3 Would be bouncing in a bountiful bubble of bliss if it weren't for the tsetse flies. Ouch! x
5:4 Arrived in Kampala, Uganda's capital. Noisy, smelly but charming. x
5:5 African video is posted to my site now: http://tinyurl.com/6cxtka
5:6 http://twitpic.com/hx68 - They do look rather like men in gorilla suits, don't they? But not close up. Dear me no. Close up they're real x
5:7 http://twitpic.com/hx6o - Unique to this part of Western Uganda, this subspecies of lion likes to laze about in trees between lunch and tea
5:8 http://twitpic.com/hx6t - The tail always seems to hang down...
5:9 http://twitpic.com/hx72 - Just about to growl a warning to me to back off or become a snack. I elected the former course of action.
5:10 http://twitpic.com/hx7h - Uninvited guest on the balcony of Paul Williams and Vicky Holt of Bwindi Community Hospital, http://www.BCHC.ug
5:11 http://twitpic.com/hx84 - River is Uganda/DRC border. Spotted snare on this hippo's leg. Hope vet will have removed by now. Poachers. Bah!
5:12 http://twitpic.com/hx84 - They snare hippos for their meat and ivory. DRC (Congo) is a war-torn country, no control over poachers. Hippo ...
5:13 http://twitpic.com/hxa6 - Elephants this side of DRC border safe, other side vulnerable to machine gunning poachers. Turns the stomach, no?
5:14 I'm being bitten by mosquitos. Managed to avoid it up until now. Forgot the anti-moz cream, arse that I am... x
Chapter 6 Verse 1 Fail whale stops me from accessing direct messages. All other parts of twitter working but that. Tish and poo.
6:2 Thx for all yr advice: do I go into central Kampala with shopping list for garlic, B12, marmite, essential oils, tea, lemons etc?
6:3 Time for bed. Ner-night everyone. The rather beautiful Swahili phrase for goodnight is "lala salama" x
6:4 @Beadsbylili
6:5 http://twitpic.com/hx84 - Hippo ivory is from their teeth - it's considered "second class ivory" compared to elephant's, but still valua ...
6:6 Vulture outside my window. An omen? Had boiled egg and soldiers for breakfast. Feel better.
6:7 Sorry to have missed the launch of Fable II and Little Big Planet, both of which I had a larky time being involved with.
Chapter 7 Verse 1 Soldiers, btw, are a British institution. Toast sliced into oblongs for dipping into the runny yolk *sucks thumb and gurgles*
7:2 I'm very pleased and proud of Apple for not only opposing, but actually funding the opposition to the pernicious CA Prop 8 http://s7y.us/f3u
7:3 @Criosaidh Aaaw! Thank you x
7:4 Just been given an Indian head massage by a S. African Chinese girl in a Ugandan hotel. Feel internationally blissed out... x
7:5 Doesn't matter which Twitter client I use - they're all convinced I'm in Riga. iPhone has GPS, I go outside, same thing. Riga. Madness x
7:6 Location: Kampala, Uganda, about as unLativian as you can get....
7:7 Hm ... it's possible that Riga is on the same line of latitude as Kampala. Longitudinally we're almost bang on the equator, though.
7:8 Oops, confusing long and lat ... forgive x
7:9 New Africa video uploaded to my site. http://icanhaz.com/viddy if you're interested.... x
7:10 Ah me! Just had a foot massage. Head massage in the morning, foot in the evening. Should have had a tummy rub at lunchtime... x
Chapter 8 Verse 1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastchancetosee/ is now up and running. x
8:2 "I'm sure it was asked before, but why the 'x' at the end of your tweets?" I fear, @Kronikarz and others, it's nothing more than an kiss x
8:3 Lala salama, tweet dreams x
8:4 Have you people back home been tinkering with the clocks this morning? Is it 7.30-ish or 8.30-ish in Britain?
8:5 Wow! what a response from you early tweeting birds. Thank you. Dare I say it's a sunny 10.33 in Kampala, which is now a full 3 hours ahead x
8:6 BTW, why do so many twitterers have an ID pic made up of o_O in blue against a field of brown? Am I missing something? x
8:7 Thanks everyone. Clear on that now. I shall return to my editing (couple of filmettes up on stephenfry.com already, but I'm behind) x
8:8 Weather in Kampala is fine but occasionally showery. Just had a quick thunderstorm, now it's sunny again. Been busy cutting footage. x
Chapter 9 Verse 1 A TV crew has come to interview me re Blackadder, whose 25th anniversary it is. Embarrassing that they had to come here, but they're happy x
9:2 Been cutting my own footage for my website: official material will be cut the traditional way for broadcast in 2009. My films are web extras
9:3 Bah - iMovie08 exported my flum all arsed up. Will have to set it to export again. meanwhile I shall go to supper ... toodle-pip x
9:4 Slept well: Bl'adder interview this morning. But first, brekker - boiled egg and soldiers again, I think. x
9:5 @MiniDave "Who do you like better, me or Lexx?" - Don't make me choose, MiniDave, don't make choose ...
9:6 Bl'adder interview is for 25th anniversary: BBC will screen it some time this autumn. Soldiers are toast, not sausages ... x
Chapter 10 Verse 1 Done Bl'adder int. Was presented with golden comedy breasts from series 2. Most affecting. A tear stole into my eye x
10:2 Damn! Forgot to get pictures for you of me wearing the breasts. Too concerned with the weird looks I was getting from hotel guests - sorry x
10:3 Favourite moment? Gosh, wouldn't like to say, but yes, @amberzak, end of Ep 4 was v touching x
10:4 Mmm: whole afternoon off. No editing, no writing, no nothing. Read Ryszard Kapuściński's The Shadow of the Sun - mind-blowingly brilliant x
10:5 It's exceptionally annoying that I just can't access my direct messages. No matter what I do I get the over capacity Fail Whale. Grrr x
10:6 "No nothing" perfectly acceptable colloquialism, @amberzak
10:7 @breenster "why do you twitter?" Gosh,why do you? I like 2 tweet while travelling the world,I like following & being followed,I like the new
10:8 @MelanieSchicker To twitter means to chatter like a bird "and gathering swallows twitter in the skies" J. Keats ... often used of gossip! x
Chapter 11 Verse 1 Apologies to those who don't like me using abbreviations and numbers "4" words but constraints of Twitter sometimes enforce such .... x
11:2 Apologies for using abbreviations and numbers "4" words, but sometimes constraints of Twitter compel such drastic steps ... x
11:3 Ten o'clock in Kampala and this one's for bed. Nairobi tomorrow and then we begin three weeks of Madagascar. Ner-night all and thanks x
11:4 Bumpy ride to Entebbe: Uganda looking sunny and lovely. Sorry to leave x
11:5 @JeremyKyle You know what, dear, I think I'll pass. No offence but - well ... I think you know x
11:6 @JeremyKyle Oh if it's a cuddle you want, why did you say so? Such a warm humanitarian, so kind, decent - always looking for the best
11:7 Madagascar flight now tomorrow am, so pm in Nairobi. V hot here, wet & chilly in Tana, Madagascar: Schadenfreude from some of you no doubt x
11:8 @seanbamforth "don't feed the trolls. @jeremykyle is (probably) an imposter." - Never!
11:9 Early flight tomorrow, so I'm for bed. Lala salami, everyone - x
11:10 Final tweet from Kenya. About to board Madagascar flight. Let's hope there's a telecoms infrastructure there. x

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 7:27pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of the Exploding Botty
In which our hero sings the 'Move it Move it' song and his tummy takes it literally

Chapter 1 Verse 1 Touched down in Madagascar! Malgré l'iPhone il fait chaud et sec. Le soleil brille. Laters, babes x
1:2 "In spite of the iPhone" because its weather gadget predicted solid rain and temps of 15,16,17 degrees ... x
1:3 Am liking Madagascar so far x
1:4 Hoping to see all kinds of lemurs (including aye-aye) fossa and baobab trees and whatever else we can find - I'll try and keep you updated x
1:5 @CMDexe not directly, I'm following in Douglas Adams's footsteps (and f-stops) catching up on species he wrote about in Last Chance To See x
1:6 Just had a bath. Listened to Sigur Ros- not very tropical, but so excellent x
1:7 Northern White Rhino and Yangtse River Dolphin of the eight that Mark and Douglas covered in LCTS. That's a quarter of an almost random lot
1:8 You might like to check out http://bbc.co.uk/lastchancetosee which has some interesting links and is also following our current travels x
Chapter 2 Verse 1 One of the pleasures of being abroad is I don't have to have an opinion about the Brand/Ross debacle. I hate unkindness & rudeness but - tbc
2:2 but - how can one ever be on the same side as the Daily Mail? So, it's very pleasing to be away and ignorant of the details...
2:3 http://tinyurl.com/5pxx4r Hope that's right!
2:4 If you pick the satellite view you'll see I'm pretty much in the centre of Antananarivo, or Tana as it's called. Off to the wilds tomorrow x
2:5 I gather they don't know what to air instead of the Ross show tomorrow. Surely the "Basil the Rat" ep from Fawlty T, Manuel's finest hour x
2:6 Lawks what a day, I'm on the 4th biggest island on earth, over 80% of whose plant life is unique and I've been talking about Ross and Brand!
2:7 Well, nightly nightington dear things, I'll tweet you in the morning xx
2:8 Some twazzock has the ID "update" and a bug on Twitter means when I try and update I'm sent to his page. Really!
2:9 @retrocampaigns Prepare for disappointment. Love W. Hollywood as I do, I avoided LA completely: felt it has been done to death on TV here x
2:10 @lochutus Who, me? Me - Who. Gaarn!
2:11 @Tanzbar Sorry - first post of link contained errant full stop (period) after the word rhino. Have posted new tweet that works x
2:12 Right. http://icanhaz.com/rhino Phew! I'm praying that's right. x
Chapter 3 Verse 1 Hm: tummy gone bad on me. Bah and pah and bother. Inevitable I suppose, but grrrr all the same x
3:2 @ernstmax Prog 1 Amazon, Prog 2 Africa, P 3 Madagascar, P 4 New Zealand, P5 Indonesia, P6 Bay of Cortes, Mexico... x
3:3 @simonashton I'm afraid the rhino horn is bought by practitioners of Chinese "medicine" who believe the horn has special curative properties
3:4 I shall obey those who prescribe water: i'll leave flat coke, cider vinegar and the others for the moment, efficacious as they doubtless are
3:5 @zbeauvais Personally I think problem is, yes, it does encourage a trade. The police don't sell captured drugs do they? Same prinicple, IMHO
3:6 Wow, my web people are clever. http://stephenfry.com/clubfry/twitter - isn't that neat? All your tweets integrated. Twitpics too! x
3:7 @threedimensions "they" are Andrew Sampson in Oz and Groovy Train in London. x
3:8 @niallcook Oh dear, in what way "self-serving", Niall?
3:9 Twinkle now thinks I'm in Belize! Other than that, I am feeling a little better thanks. Ready for bed x
3:10 7:05am. Off to the south, camping out 6 nights. Prolly no signal. Tweet you when I can. Tum still dodgy. Crumbs. x
Chapter 4 Verse 1 OMG, people - a signal! I'm in Nosy Mangabe (Nossy Manga-bay) beautiful name, beautiful island. x
4:2 It's so-o-o beautiful. I wish I had a data connection and I could twitpic you. It'll have to wait. x
4:3 Blimey! Just thought. By the time I'm back in netreach the F1 champ will be known. Oh, and the US Pres I suppose x
4:4 It's pronounced like an inquisitive bee who likes Japanese comics. Nosy Mangabe. V patchy recep x
4:5 Exquisitely beautiful. Lemur hunt this afternoon. Camping. Haven't done that since 16. x
4:6 Snakes, a chameleon, three leaf-tailed geckos: the best jungle I've ever been in. Nosy Mangabe rocks. x
4:7 Botty still exploding at will. Grrr. Saintly Jess the researcher just mixed me an electrolyte sachet. Sx
4:8 And I just caved in and popped an Immodium. Still, otherwise all is hotsy-totsy. x
4:9 Saw a pygmy chameleon last night! Size of my thumb nail - full grown, absolutely tiny but perfect. x
4:10 Nosy Mangabe: most perfect island I've ever seen. Dense forest, humming with fauna, none dangerous. Blissikins x
4:11 Oh and botty all better. Sorry I can't send pics. Oops, unfortunate non sequitur. Not pix of bot, obv. x
4:12 I _meant_ sorry can't send pix of travels until in land of data comms or from Internet Café x
4:13 Air to boat filming this am: aye aye hunt this evening x
4:14 Rules of the Malagasy people. 1 Be courteous to each other. 2 Respect your elders. What more is needed? x
4:15 Farewell Nosy Mangabe and hello Mananara and Nosy Antafana - Aye Aye Island. x

That would be me.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 10:25pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
*snorfle* Grillaz and exploding bottys! \^0^/ I love this thread.

Assuming direct control...

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Nov 28th, 2008 9:23pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Global News
In which our hero learns of news around the globe and sends his adoring fans more piccies

Chapter 1 Verse 1 Back in semisignal land. Saw a pair of aye ayes last night. Wow. Returning tonight. Good luck Hammy x
1:2 Sitting under an ylang ylang tree awaiting a second night of aye ayes. 30 mind to sunset. Go Hammy x
1:3 Well! I turn my back for 5 seconds. HECK of a race, I gather. And then Aggers texts me about cricket goings on. The world is mad xxx
1:4 Ayes ayes great, BTW. Heading south this am, Fort Dauphin and ring-tailed lemurs x
1:5 Should be back in net-contact in time for US count. Gulp! Go Bama x
1:6 Filming on way to Berenty Reserve, south of Madascar. Glorious day. x
1:7 It's a long long way to Berenty. Roads cratered every 10 yards. Nous faisons du progrès, mais lentement. x
1:8 Finally arrived. Searingly, relentlessly hot. Not sure how I'll sleep tonight. Manky mosquito net too. Heigh ho. x
1:9 Oh, if you're interested, my webster texts that my latest blessay on my site. You're welcome to check it out. x
1:10 Am 4 podcasts behind Mayo/Kermode film revews. Laughed till I vomited at Good Dr's review of RocknRolla x
Chapter 2 Verse 1 6:30 am (0330 GMT). Ring-tailed lemurs abounding. And indeed bounding. Sx
2:2 Lemurs here eat an introduced species of leaf that's makes them bald, like chemo. Just shows. S
2:3 Waiting for sifakas (prononced shiffarks) - they do an extraordinary dance apparently x
2:4 Sifakas didn't disappoint. Marvellous creatures. It's horrifyingly hot here so can only film 6-10, 4-6 x
2:5 Odd being out of netreach for so long. Sorry I can't follow you all: texting is all I can do. Will miss election night too x
2:6 Drunk 4 litres of water today already. And I'm still feeling thirsty. Was once hotter: Queensland 1981. 44C x
Chapter 3 Verse 1 Oh hurrah! My American friends have just texted me the news!!! Good old America, good old Americans! xxx
3:2 The rest of the world is so pleased and happy for you America. I'm (almost) dancing with relief xxx
3:3 Grim biz will swamp him soon enough, but for the moment, in Byron's words: Let joy be unconfined... x
3:4 Malagasy people grinning from ear to ear. The world so wants to love America and now they can again x
3:5 Met an American lady: "I'm the last Republican in my family - even I am thrilled. At last I can travel unembarrassed"
3:6 Just heard that CA Prop 8 passed. Bah! There had to be some bad news
Chapter 4 Verse 1 Spent morning squirting dye at brown lemurs (there was a reason) and the avo watching Fady ceremony. Marvellous x
4:2 My snotty adventures on Chimp Island now up on screen http://icanhaz.com/viddy5 x
4:3 Return to netreach tomorrow night. How I'll catch up with all your tweets, replies and DMs I can't imagine ... x
4:4 Oh, btw, there's an embarrassing error in http://icanhaz.com/viddy5. "flyig squirrels" should be "flying foxes" oops x
4:5 Bottoms of all crew members now exploded. Since mine went first I'm now the only healthy one. Such is life x
4:6 Gather it's dark & gloomy in the UK. Suggest you turn to Thomas Hood poem entitled "November". Says it all x
4:7 Gather 2 things from my webmeister: Prop 8 disaster, but .. Cont'd
4:8 ...but Obama specifically singled out gays for inclusion in his speech. So a good & bad day to be gay. As usual x
4:9 Looks like the searing heat of 2 days ago was the herald of something worse: the start of the rainy season! Lawks a lummy! x
Chapter 5 Verse 1 Managed 2 find an internet connection enroute. Thx 4 yr amazing replies & tweets over the past - days. Gave me SUCH pleasure 2 read. xxx
5:2 25 mins of Internet Café! Like an oasis to one emerging parched and ragged from the desert. More in 7 hours from now x
5:3 @jugglingjuggler Mm ... Lita can at least score goals. But it's a short term solution don't you think?
5:4 Back in the main Antananarivo hotel for two nights, before more camping out in the wilds. Wonderful to have a shower and broadband. x
5:5 http://twitpic.com/kawl - This is a full grown adult ... perfect in every detail, swivelling eyes, colour change, everything.
5:6 http://twitpic.com/kawr - Pretty good disguise, eh?
5:7 http://twitpic.com/kax2 - Wonky, but friendly
5:8 http://twitpic.com/kaxd - The father. Males have white fur around the face. Worry, I expect.
5:9 http://twitpic.com/kaxm - Mother and child. Lemurs are rare amongst mammals in having matriarchal societies.
5:10 http://twitpic.com/kaxv - OK, not the best photo in the world, but I only had a compact: aye-ayes are nocturnal and live high up x
5:11 http://twitpic.com/kay7 - Pronounced 'shiffahk': they walk wonderfully, a sideways bounce with arms in the air and tummies out. Cuddly toys
5:12 http://twitpic.com/kaxd - Yup, he's eating a banana. I cannot tell a lie. I gave him that banana....
5:13 http://twitpic.com/kawl - Your wish, my command, posted another picture where he's gone greenish ...
5:14 http://twitpic.com/kazj - Here s/he's gone a bit greener ... actually may not be the same one. But found the next morning nearby. x
5:15 Right, that's it... long looked forward to shower and then dinner. Catcherlayder x
Chapter 6 Verse 1 Do forgive my inattention. Just edited 4 Madagascar films. Had huge backlog of admin, emails etc. Been rather lax with tweets. Sx
6:2 Packing for two nights camping in Menabe, near Morondave. Toughest leg of the journey so far. Not scared exactly, but ... well ... nervous x
6:3 Actually, it's Morondava, not Morondave - must have been thinking of a Dave I know ...
6:4 http://twitpic.com/kljq - The only venomous snakes in Madagascar can't hurt humans as they have rear incisors. This chap's a constrictor ...
6:5 Thanks for all your good wishes. Right I'm off. Maybe out of tweetrange till Monday xx

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Dec 4th, 2008 12:02am Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Many Fluffy and Well Hung Beasts
In which our hero takes a lot of piccies

Chapter 1 Verse 1 In Morondava. Phone coverage! For now. If only they'd invest as much in roads...
1:2 If I use an at&t sim card I get a data connection! Not cheap, but if only I'd known earlier! x
1:3 Off to baobab alley x
1:4 http://piurl.com/jvw : current location
1:5 End of data recepsh. One bar in GSM. May be out of contact soon. x
1:6 Baobabs much as St-Xupery portrayed them in The Little Prince. That's one weird tree x
1:7 "No service". Buy in case there's a flicker, this is to say I'm on my way to camp at Kirindy x
1:8 Driving to a village: saw and photograped a fossa! So beautful. Look up if you don't know it. Wow x
1:9 Usiig 1 little text window to say
1:10 Bah! To say: all well. Returning from village, will film Mme Berthe's Pygmy lemur tonight xxx
1:11 Mind you: bitten to buggery, another scary night's camping (vast orb spiders) and long drive 2morrow x

Chapter 2 Verse 1 On way back to Morondava after 2 nights in Mebabe/Kirindi. Saw a mouse lemur last night. Aaaaaaww! x
2:2 Very late texts coming in. I note Norwich drew 2:2 with PNE, Rusty red carded. Tch... Tsk x
2:3 @Sargenius Fossa is viverridae family: civets, mongooses, stoats etc x
2:4 @Matt_Slater Barrington top man, send him my best. Miss our Groucho chats x
2:5 @peterrussell Yes, the yellow shirt and red bandana was a mite camp, I admit. Blushed during the edit. What WAS I thinking?
2:6 @DaveWares Mark says you've made his day: he's been limping from a crock Achilles tendon, otherwise he'd be walking on air x
2:7 @jedijon Advice on packing? In the end travel is about 2 things. Bowels and laundry. Pack accordingly x

Chapter 3 Verse 1 http://twitpic.com/l0vq - This male fossa (usually pronounced to rhyme with "pusher") was probably bolder than usual as its mating seaso ...
3:2 http://twitpic.com/l0w8 - So feline. But not a true cat ... a member of the viverridae order which include civet "cats" ... x
3:3 http://twitpic.com/l0wd - So feline. But not a true cat ... a member of the viverridae order which include civet "cats" ... x
3:4 http://twitpic.com/l0wq - They go up trees headfirst (naturally) but also down headfirst ... x
3:5 http://twitpic.com/l0xd - Like so many creatures in Madagascar, he looks a little as he's been put together from other animals' spare pa ...
3:6 http://twitpic.com/l0xz - I think you can tell here that he's male. View of his "tomatoes" as Malagasy people call the cojones ... good ...

Chapter 4 Verse 1 Yes, I've had the Cambodian civet cat arse-coffee. Not sure the Malagasy people have done the same with the fossa. It's too rare and shy x
4:2 http://twitpic.com/l0yj - It got a little tired of my propinquity and scuttled up this tree and all but poked its tongue out at me ...
4:3 @brohnos "Civet bum-coffee. Is it nice?" `can't tell the difference to be honest. It's fine, but seems over-elaborate. Café Nero better x
4:4 http://twitpic.com/l0yw - Someone tweeted "cute". Hm. Carnivorous, fierce, merciless. Elegant. Lithe. Beautiful. All those. But cute? No ...
4:5 http://twitpic.com/l0zd - Disappeared after this. That night kept me awake as he and his lady friend shagged themselves rotten. Sounded ...
4:6 http://twitpic.com/l14d - Crazy tree. They say the animals were each given a tree to plant. The hyena got the baobab and planted it upsi ...
4:7 Uploading pix - taking ages due to v flakey wi-fi in my Madagascar hotel. It's pouring with rain outside. x
4:8 http://twitpic.com/l15c - Their trunks are like water bottles: the camels of the forest. x
4:9 http://twitpic.com/l1ab - Interior given over to water storage, so no rings to count for ageing. Radio carbon dating says these are betw ...
4:10 http://twitpic.com/l1ab - Just iPhone pics, as it happens, but the iPhone camera is pretty good so long as the light's ok x
4:11 http://twitpic.com/l1ba - Enterprising man runs paraffin (kerosene) powered fridge and sells cold drinks to baobab tourists x
4:12 So relieved to be sleeping in a bed, not in a sleeping bag in a tent. Shall turn in now. A domani x

Chapter 5 Verse 1 http://twitpic.com/l5ei - Mme Berthe's Lemur: smallest primate in the world. Not a rodent, but same order as humans & gorillas. Forgive ...
5:2 http://twitpic.com/l5et - Being released from a trap by researcher Melanie who documents them in order to help their chances in dwindlin ...
5:3 http://twitpic.com/l5f9 - Out he comes ... x
5:4 http://twitpic.com/l5fk - Feeling its way to freedom. Their testes relatively largest of any mammal. This chap has bigger balls than Vin ...
5:5 http://twitpic.com/l5fq - Scaled down from other lemurs to perfection. Same eyes, opposable thumbs ... everything perfect x
5:6 http://twitpic.com/l5fw - Some more since you're being so positive and kind. Repeat apols re quality: just Flip video screen grabs x
5:7 http://twitpic.com/l5g5 - Madame Berthe was a Malagasy naturalist. Can't think of a better creature through which to achieve zoological ...
5:8 http://twitpic.com/l5gd - Kirindy is the only place they're found. Durrell Wildlife doing great things to preserve their habitat, but ...
5:9 http://twitpic.com/l5gi - Last one. Video of the release on my Web site in the near future. http://stephenfry.com x
5:10 New pics up at http://twitpic.com/photos/stephenfry Now I have editing to do x

Chapter 6 Verse 1 @gjones " Polly Toynbee on Paul Dacre: http://tinyurl.com/3o9dmc " - Absolutely fan-bleeding-tastic - thanks for the link x
6:2 http://piurl.com/knb : current location
6:3 Ready for bed. Just hope that there aren't any mosquitos that are ready for Stephen, like there were last night. Grrrr. x

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Dec 5th, 2008 5:32pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Spiders
In which our hero meets Shelob's cousins
Chapter 1 Verse 1 Off to see a man here in Tana who keeps Golden Orb spiders and makes silk items from their webs. x
1:2 Oh my sainted pants! Held a golden orb spider in my hand! They're huge, they're horrid - damn they can produce silk tho. Photos when I can x
1:3 http://twitpic.com/lbyc - Golden Orb spiders' bums poking out: 24 spinning silk which is twisted into thread - 4 threads are strong enou...
1:4 http://twitpic.com/lbyn - Here's one: they're all female. I had one on my hand - I thought I'd DIE. Scarier than paragliding....
1:5 http://twitpic.com/lbz2 - Sorry it's blurry: FEAR. I took some better ones with another camera but I haven't got the card reader for the ...
1:6 http://twitpic.com/lbz9 - Sorry it's blurry: FEAR. I took some with a better camera, but haven't got access to the reader so it'll be a ...
1:7 Back to text only. Thanks for your spider responses: better pix coming when I can x

Chapter 2 Verse 1 Driving pell-mell thru monsoon to Perinet. Perineum more like. Hope to see an indri. x
2:2 http://piurl.com/knk : current location. Use satellite rather than map view! x
2:3 @benvallack Twittelator seems to do the trick, as can Twinkle - both for iPhone x
2:4 Arsingly inconsistent recepsh hereabouts. Veers between 5 bars & 0. Sometimes EDGE - tantalising x
2:5 DON'T look if spiders fresk you out http://twitpic.com/lcxg
2:6 I repeat: LOOK AWAY if arachnids make you thkweam http://twitpic.com/lcy9
2:7
@TheBiggestYoz Hm - maybe you're right "arseingly" looks good - both acceptable I would imagine. x
2:8 http://twitpic.com/ldyl - On my palm...
2:9 http://twitpic.com/ldzl - Heeeeeeeeelp! I still don't know how I did this ....x
2:10 http://twitpic.com/ldzt - Heeeeeeeeelp! I still don't know how I did this ....x

Chapter 3 Verse 1 Up and about in Vakôna Forest. Will go off and hunt for indri this morning. But first - breakfast x
3:2 I am immensely distressed by http://icanhaz.com/mygut Waaah. It's all over. Oh drat my tummy. Drat it. Waah, I say and bother. Humph Bah! x
3:3 Your kindly support does my (fatty) old heart good. Weirdly good receptsh at forest's edge, but I'd better put my phone away. Bis bald x
3:4 Correction: Analamazotra Forest is its proper name x
3:5 Been told to beware leeches. Lordy, spiders one day - leeches the next. Not like Wil Wheaton In Stand By Me, I hope *gulp* x
3:6 Ja, aber nur ein bissel - Achtung! Blutegel!
3:7 I haz sees indri!
3:8 The sound of the indri is simply unbelievable. Close up, like a fire alarm going off - x
3:9 Think mast went down. Apols absence of tweetage. To bed now - thanks for support re tum, aware that I was a hysterical old ninny x
3:10 @PhilGreaney oh lord, I see what you mean about the cricket ODI. I fwar we won't find a springbok style win ... Grrr ... x
3:11 b DeborahFW Bah! You're right. Je me suis trompé ... Hugs to Fenella x
3:12 Reception still flakey. Spent morning saying hello to a family of grey bamboo lemurs, than which there are few creatures pleasanter. x
3:13 A grey bamboo lemur xx http://twitpic.com/lowy
3:14 @benjaminbranch Sadly not in the Tsingy region, so I shan't encounter the Cleese Woolly Lemur x
3:15 Looking soulful. Taken on "Ile des Lemuriens", Vakona Forest, Perinet, Madagascar. x http://twitpic.com/loz0
3:16 Two primates. Still can't believe my luck. It's not as if I had food on me ... http://twitpic.com/lozo
3:17 A Diadem Siffaka seems ready 2 pick a fight. Want Some? gesture. Infact he was polite and friendly & danced for me x http://twitpic.com/lp29

Chapter 4 Verse 1 Have struck up friendship with waitress at hotel. This morning she gave me lemur-face omelette as surprise aaww...x http://twitpic.com/lp63
4:2 All right, damn you all: I admit it. The QI Children In Need spesh was prerecorded (in May or June). Happy now? x
4:3 My last tweet will have made no sense to US and rest of the world followers. Apologies x
4:4 OMG!!! wee duz toaderlyyy maw f00tage uv leeemerages 2day - laast 2 nite ins maddygaskages WTF!!! kthxbai
4:5 @sherryness lolll! I sure duz
4:6 Do forgive me, one and all. Attack of lol-fever. It can come on suddenly in these parts. Didn't take my anti-lolarial medication. x
4:7 More filming - bamboo lemurs and a diadem siffaka. Now filming on way back to Tana, plus doing a piece for Comic Relief x
4:8 Won't be able to make HRH's b'day bash, despite reports that I'll be there. Returning home on Monday tho. Just two more Malagasy nights! x
4:9 Back in Tana. Air con. Showers. Reliable power. Broadly bandington!!! Rah rah rah x
4:10 When I get back home I shall certainly continue to tweet... perhaps being slightly shyer about my exact whereabouts though x

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 6:53pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of The Wrap and Odd Socks
In which our hero gets a wee bit tipsy and we hear what his nipple thinks of it all

Chapter 1 Verse 1 I've just downloaded the latest Mark Kermode/Simon Mayo podcast, so I'm now pretty much the happiest bonnet in the hat shop x
1:2 Breakfast, then trip to Tana zoo to speak to lemurologist and watch aye-aye being fed in its daytime nocturnal abode. Then we wrap! x
1:3 Yes, I grant you, there's no such thing as a lemurologist - "a primatologist who specialises in lemurs" would be accurate - if prolix x
1:4 Been in aye-aye vivarium. Approaching what they call the martini shot in America. Final wrap in 10 minutes. x
1:5 @
1:6 Discovery! iPhone in shirt pocket on warm day + movement allows nipples to engender and post meaningless tweets. x
1:7 Twitserver seems arsed up x
1:8 Hm - it's DMs that seem to be the problem x
1:9 @mgcarley A DM is a Direct Message.... sorry x

Chapter 2 Verse 1 Phew! Everything back to normal. Lunchtime here. I might even celebrate end of shoot with a glass of local Three Horses beer x
2:2 @huddlesuz Yup, first I was meant to be hosting live Children in N QI spesh, next I was at PoW's b'day party. See older tweets for truth!x
2:3 What a pleasure it is to be quite enormously and unrepentantly drunk. Hic! xxxxxxx
2:4 I am now putting my rather fragile and oopsy self gently to bed. Love to you all and then more love and a spot more just for luck.Oh dear x
2:5 Right. Well. Water. Down throat. Splashed on face. Bwaah! Better. Not too grim a hangover. My room a bomb site. Two hours to pack for home x
2:6 Got diverted from packing duties by Gmail's new video chat. Damnably impressed. BTW, where do odd socks go? x

Chapter 3 Verse 1 I shall print out this oddsox thread & shove it in the face of anyone who dares suggests twitterers are bird-brained. You're all geniuses x
3:2 @geekscape http://twitpic.com/mamk - Colour me satisfied ... x
3:3 Wowzer @nicole tweeted me this: http://icanhaz.com/sox Uses combinatorics to explain sox offenders, Wouldja bleeve it?
3:4 Retweeting this from @MCBrennan: "Oddsocks was perhaps the least intimidating Bond villain ever, imho." LMAO x
3:5 OK: I'll retweet some of the better explanations of odd-sockery. I'll use RT for retweet ....x
3:6 RT @knackeredwriter @stephenfry I steal your socks and sell them on Ebay.
3:7 RT @TheAngelus @stephenfry Odd socks go on hands as sock puppets! Duh.
3:8 RT @echoclubhouse if clean, odd socks can be left behind for hotel staff filled with small gifts as though santa had been there.. if dirty..
3:9 RT ClaireFry @stephenfry the lost sock underworld! Didn't you know that?
3:10 RT @ CallumDawlings et al isn't there a hole in the back of the washing machine that leads to narnia? i think that's where the odd socks go
3:11 RT @dragonsinger57 @stephenfry odd socks go into the hozone!!
3:12 RT @qheldar @stephenfry the loondry bin.
3:13 RT @captainsharmie @stephenfry Space. Odd socks are hanging out near the moon, wondering how the hell they got there.
3:14 RT @DataGoddess @stephenfry depends on how odd the socks are
3:15 RT @matildazq @stephenfry Into my sock drawer, I think.
3:16 RT @phinnia @stephenfry they are stolen by sock gnomes for their children to live in
3:17 RT @jg_rat @stephenfry Your odd socks are in a basket in my spare room.
3:18 RT @slimejam Wherever they go, I hope they catch whoever is stealing them and lock them up with all the other perpetrators of sox crime
3:19 RT @CarrieUff @stephenfry I suspect most are stolen by color-blind gnomes
3:20 RT@ marnanel @stephenfry: I eat them. With fava beans and a nice Chianti.
3:21 RT @hiraabel @stephenfry odd socks go in the dryer to find their mate or disappear, whichever is their fate
3:22 RT @madlolscientist Socks are coat hanger larvae. They creep into hidden places for metamorphosis. Never before seen on camera= opportunity!
3:23 RT @AxmxZ @stephenfry Step 1: steal odd socks. Step 2: ???? Step 3: PROFIT! (Step 4: get a job with the banking industry.)
3:24 RT @mkuplens @stephenfry odd socks stuff the left shoe. even ones the right.
3:25 RT @felix42 @stephenfry, I tend to blame the Large Hadron Collider.
3:26 RT @canisrufus I s'pect it shall be found that dark matter really is, at its core, all oddsox. Then two mysteries shall be solved in one go
3:27 RT @pixel8ted @stephenfry leave them for the odd sock fairy who will hopefully leave a nice coin and not an odd sock fairy poo
3:28 RT @zenforlunch @stephenfry The spot in my closet where I keep odd socks is the sad, seedy singles bar of the garment underworld
3:29 RT @iamdaffodils @stephenfry They're not odd, they're just different.
3:30 RT @AxmxZ @stephenfry Well, odd socks can't all go to the same place, otherwise there'd be paired socks there.

Chapter 4 Verse 1 That's it for the mo. Sorry, someone tweeted me that I should've used a #oddsox group command. Unfamiliar with this, will find out how x
4:2 Ah, got it now. Will do that in future and refrain from overloading you. But was so impressed by your replies I felt it wrong not to share x
4:3 Anyway, shush. Enough already. I've somehow packed and I'm off to the airport x
4:4 Finally arrived in Jo'burg. 1.5 hours to take off. Should land in London at 5.15am x
4:5 @Fryphile Will do, yes. And Madigascam too. Rather behindhand with editing ... x

That would be me.

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 7:44pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble

4:4 OMG!!! wee duz toaderlyyy maw f00tage uv leeemerages 2day - laast 2 nite ins maddygaskages WTF!!! kthxbai
4:5 @sherryness lolll! I sure duz
4:6 Do forgive me, one and all. Attack of lol-fever. It can come on suddenly in these parts. Didn't take my anti-lolarial medication. x

LOL they were classic tweets. Thanks gadgetgeekgirl, this Fryble is grand, I love it

@dreamingshadow

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 8:55am Post subject: The Holy Fryble
The Book of Return
In which our hero returns to triumphant applause and goes a little batty about the Storm

Chapter 1 Verse 1 Touch down! Bang on time. And here's my luggage! Miracle x
1:2 In car speeding towards home and hearth in chilly North London. Thanks for welcomes and #oddsox parties. Good to be home x
1:3 Been dozing most of the day. Silly. Don't want to wake up at 4.00am tomorrow. x
1:4 9 straight hours of high quality, industrial-strength sleep has left me as limp as a wet sock. Always the way. But I have a day to run at. x
1:5 Walked from N. London to Regent St. Apple Store. Sipping espresso in Caffé Nero. Sunshine. Sometimes London outstrips all cities on earth x

Chapter 2 Verse 1 Cleaner's in complete hysterics because there's a bat loose in the house. Every window and door closed. WTF? And how to you eject it? #bat
2:2 Damn, you're quick. The open-windows-let-it-feel-the-fresh-air route seems to have worked. Plus, thanks for all the Batman jokes x
2:3 To celebrate bat's escape I've been listening to Explosions in the Sky: "Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die etc." Blimey, eh? Damned good x
2:4 Quick shower. Then off to 1 party for ex-controller BBC2, then 1 to honour Tim Berners-Lee, then my producing partner's b'day party: phew x
2:5 One party down. Unveiling of frabjous portrait of TB-L. What a man. Now for Broadcasting House. Nothing but water so far - pacing self x
2:6 Just two drinks and in bed by 11.30. Up at 6.00 walked into W End again. Finance & accounting meetings all day. Yuk. x
2:7 Forgive radio silence. Been so busy with thisses and thats. On my way to yet another voice session. All well. Sxxx
2:8 On my way to Fry In America TX party: it was delayed because of my being in Africa and Madagascar. Will be so great to see the crew again x

Chapter 3 Verse 1 Been playing with the BB Storm. Shockingly bad. I mean embarrassingly awful. Such a disappointment. Rushed out unfinished. What a pity x
3:2 Yes,I blame n'works more than RIM. Problems are terrible lag: inaccurate t'screen, awful, slow and fiddly text input. I SO wanted to like it
3:3 Plus the GPS maps won't work - issue with BIS connections. I see from forums postings this is widespread in the UK. iPhone killer? Ha! x
3:4 And no WiFi, which is weird.....
3:5 Yet to play with a G1. They look rather horrid, but it's the OS that will determine their success, I suppose ... x
3:6 Mm. @OffBeatMammal mentions Sony X1 and HTC Touch. But WinMob I find arseparalysingly dreadful, don't you? Wish Palm and Symbian had kept up
3:7 Watching http://www.everytweet.com float by is rather pleasing. Spent the morning doing ADR for Kingdom 4. Lots of backed-up admin to do
3:8 Damn. I meant Kingdom 3. 4 is next year. Was talking about it to producer, hence the confusion. Sorreeeee .....
3:9 OMG! Tx everyone for alerting me to twittervision. In my shameful ignorance I was unfamiliar with it. L33t! It sooooo rox x
3:10 Hem. Sorry about that. It's really most exceptionally good. Is what I meant to say.

Chapter 4 Verse 1 Doing a signing in Harrods tomorrow. Then Richard
4:2 Now look here, filthy-minded dogs. When I say I am "doing R & J" it means - as well you know - that I'm on their prog, not shafting them x
4:3 Ah. Just seen. Half the tweet got lost. Mm. "Then Richard and Judy" it should have read. Sorry x
4:4 Trying out Twitterberry client for BB Bold. Despite PATHETIC name Bold beats Storm by a country mile. Twitterberry pretty lame though (IMHO)
4:5 So many Twitter clients. Twitterfon for iPhone has improved immeasurably. Spaz Is good. Twinkle. Twitterrific. Love them all differently x
4:6 Wowee. Just trying out Tweetie for the iPhone. Best yet.
4:7 See, thing is, separation of replies, DMs, timeline and friends' tweets essential. With a lot of followers it's all about structure x

Chapter 5 Verse 1 According to my iPhone pedometer (in which I do not repose the greatest confidence) I've walked 5.61 miles (NW to Harrods) & burned 998 cals
5:2 Signing not till noon, so availaing myself of the small window of retail possibilities. Doing my bit for Darling to stimulate the economy x
5:3 Finished signing, bite of lunch then Richard and Judy. Hm. x
5:4 Just done Richard & Judy. On my way home. Have momentous announcement to make. *clears throat* I'm gay. No, that's not it. Await next tweet

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 5:27pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
Book of Competition
In which our hero celebrates Oscar Wilde and groin tweets are invented

Chapter 1 Verse 1 Announcement: 20,000 follower will receive special prize. Only 50 to go. No doubling up of idents, tho! x
1:2 Mmmm. Going to leave it to my webmaster to work out who the winner is. You're all welcome old and new. Prize tba tomorrow. Soz 4 hysteria x
1:3 The 20,000th follower is @alisonmarie of London. She'll receive a digital voucher for my new readings of Oscar Wilde short stories. Sxxx
1:4 Oh now, c'mon people. You're not all really so upset at being early adopters who didn't get a prize are you? More giveaways soon x

Chapter 2 Verse 1 Meetings, meetings, meetings. A talk this evening at the V&A (sold out I'm afraid - went to friends of the V&A first - not my call) x
2:2 Hm, back from meetings. Quick shower and then car to take me to the V&A, Oh how I would love an evening on the sofa with a book and a scotch
2:3 Rightly upbraided for using the word "scotch" - should of course be "whisky". I think I'd have a glass of Bunnahabhain x
2:4 Way-hey! New video uploaded to my site at last. http://icanhaz.com/fishfry More from Africa.... x
2:5 More meetings. Bleugh x

Chapter 3 Verse 1 http://twitpic.com/odd8 d euzie
3:2 Unbelievable. I sent that Vermeer COMPLETELY by accident. Was showing someone how pants the BB Storm is. In pocket. Sent by nut pressure?
3:3 No idea what the "d euzie" part of the groin-sent tweet meant x
3:4 Happy Thanksgiving all my American friends and fellow twitterers. Have a proud and happy holiday x
3:5 Off to book launch. Mind taken up with time I spent sipping tea/beer with Aggers and Freddie F in the colonnades of the Taj Hotel, Bombay x
3:6 Well, back from launch party of "Soho Society", short stories by Bernie Katz, the Prince of Soho (as I unfortunately dubbed him). Bedtime x

Chapter 4 Verse 1 Wayhey! It works! x
4:2 So, Still getting used to indenti.ca - testing to see if this "notice" gets posted to twitter. x
4:3 And now testing to see if this tweet gets posted to identi.ca x
4:4 What works is that a "notice" in http://identi.ca gets instantly posted to Twitter. Doesn't seem to be a two way street though...x
4:5 @SimonPainter "What's identi.ca other than an ugly rip off of Twtr?" Mm, Simon. It's an open source/network service tho. Worth supporting? x

Chapter 5 Verse 1 About to drive to Norfolk. Dinner with parents. Book-signing in Norwich tomorrow. Bye bye London x
5:2 Erotic frenzy of the most sublime and appalling kind ♫" http://blip.fm/~xnpd
5:3 Just plain silly and delicious... ♫" http://blip.fm/~xnrb
5:4 Glenn Gould proving that unsually strict rhythm can become increasingly exciting x ♫" http://blip.fm/~xo1t
5:5 I think I might be in danger of overdoing the blip thing. 2 much fun for a Saturday *goes for walk and contemplates Norwich City's arsiness*
5:6 Been up since 6. Have to drive from Norfolk to Aldeburgh in Suffolk to do a stint for their documentary festival http://icanhaz.com/adf x

Chapter 6 Verse 1 G'morning all. Packing for New York. Flight this morning. After all these years I am still the most hopeless packer in the universe. x
6:2 Excited as a kitten this am. Launch of my Oscar Wilde audiobooks. Thinking as it's World Aids Day, we could make it Oscar Wilde Day here x
6:3 @teachernz Yay! Good idea. A tag! If all can include #oscarwildeday in their OW related tweets that would be good. Ooh, I've had an idea! x
6:4 #oscarwildeday Tweet your best Oscar poses and Oscar-style epigrams and bon mots and there shall be prizes aplenty. I'll judge when I land x
6:5 #oscarwildeday I land in New York about 3.15pm EST. Will be in car to Manhattan catching up on tweets by about 4.00 pm I should guess. x
6:6 Some brilliant tweets coming in. To clarify: if you "tag" them #oscarwildeday I and every1 can search and find them. Retweet if untagged pls
6:7 Some brilliant tweets coming in. 2 clarify: if you "tag" them #oscarwildeday I and every1 can search and find them. Retweet if untagged pls
6:8 Please please PLEASE tag entries with #oscarwildeday It makes it clickable and so-o-o searchable. Any Wildean pix yet? x
6:9 You all simply rock, as does Twitter. Click #oscarwildeday and you'll see what I mean. Tagging rocks. You all rock. Not v wildean, but true
6:10 Hashtags clickable when searching at bottom of Twitter web page. And on some clients. Tweetie for iPhone foe example. x
6:11 Such an amazing response to #oscarwildeday. Gotta board now. Adore you all. Yes even you. Especially you in fact. Tweet you from NYC x
6:12 Over 550 #oscarwildeday tweets in about 2 hours. I bow and grovel unworthily at your tweetfeet x

Chapter 7 Verse 1 I've landed! Rather late, but here I am. What an avalanche of #oscarwildeday genius! My site on the brink of launchin its own OW material x
7:2 Just in time to see the evening sun glinting on Manhattan - one of the sights of the world. x
7:3 w00t! *does stupid dance* iTunes came good. http://tinyurl.com/oscarfry Sorry if you don't have iTunes but other outlets on my site soon x
7:4 Quite right. I didn't really dance. Stephens just so don't. Sorry it's only on UK, US and Euro iTunes, BTW. So pleased to be in NYC x
7:5 Just arisen. A little j-lagged but bouncy. I shall spend the day going thru the thousands of #oscarwildeday pearls. And what do pearls mean?
7:6 Prizes! That's what pearls mean. Forgive reference that might be arcane to some. Honestly, twitterworld has excelled itself.Beyond belief x
7:7 But now I shall go for a walk. Gorgeous morning in NYC. Crime not to. x
7:8 Walked my pants off. Now in hotel playing with new G1. Might write a comparison review of G1 and BBStorm. x
7:9 Sorry it's taking so long to judge the #oscarwildeday prize - just so many eligible entries, + I've been geekplaying for 10 straight hours x
7:10 Plus podgram will come, I swear: recorded ages ago. Been diverted by http://tinyurl.com/oscarfry x
7:11 Hurrah for the Kermayo Advent Calendar! http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/advent/ x

That would be me.

Soph

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 5:38pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
Thanks for keeping this going ! : ]
It's so easy to forget tweets, it's nice to read them again.

Photobucket

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 6:09pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
Hey G3 this is amazing, sorry I haven't said before now, truth is I've only just discovered this thread :-// Great job though!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Help

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 12:28pm Post subject: The Holy Fryble
Wow, I had never read this before so thank you Gadgetgeekgirl and thank you Tobias for refreshing the topic!
Such a good topic