Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 20th, 2009 7:00am Post subject: The Mighty Boosh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRF9K_28sw&NR=1

"Some look up at the moon and say,"He's nice, he's white..' and some other people say,"He's a vanilla rapist, keep him away from our kids."

X-D

Really? Wow.

Desdemona

Posted Sun Jul 26th, 2009 3:58pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh
I love the boosh ^__^
it would be brilliant to go and see them live.

Skip Life and come with me?

Nitro

Posted Mon Jul 27th, 2009 4:14am Post subject: The Mighty Boosh
This and Vince's punk song cracked me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbkh4TMRqg

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Aug 4th, 2009 5:30pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh
I think I may be the only person on the planet who can't stand the boosh. But then again....most people think I'm mental when it comes to things and people I like.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

PamJH

Posted Wed Aug 5th, 2009 2:51pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh
Darn. The video was removed. What's a boosh?

Nev Danger

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 11:18am Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

I've watched the Boosh a few times, but only in order to understand it. I've tried and tried to see the humour in it, I simply don't get it. It's very highly regarded so I'm certain the issue at my end, but I just don't get it.

I would rather laugh when it comes naturally to me, than have to have it explained to me.

Confused by life

Nitro

Posted Sun Sep 20th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

Well then Nev, I'd say don't bother watching it anymore

I've only seen the bits on YouTube. Sometimes English humor translates here enough we 'get it' and laugh, and sometimes we get the 'deer in the headlights' look.

If you don't get a thing, you just don't get it Oddly, the world keeps spinning.

Really? Wow.

Babsmo

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 8:10pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

Okay, first post EVER on ANY website, so be kind!
Just out of interest, has The League of Gentlemen (TV comedy, not film) been broadcast in the US, and if so, what did you think of it?
Like The Mighty Boosh it can be an acquired taste. Personally I love it, but some of it parodies classic British horror movies of the Sixties and Seventies, and I love those too.

TheElephant

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 9:53pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

First ever chance to be first to welcome someone to the Internet!

Welcome Babsmo.

Nitro

Posted Wed Oct 7th, 2009 3:29am Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

Ditto on the welcome.

And no Babsmo, I have not seen that show here in the states but that could be because I only get Peasantvision. I don't subscribe to any TV stations, in other words, so get what I get. Maybe someone else here in the states can.

Really? Wow.

Babsmo

Posted Wed Oct 7th, 2009 1:23pm Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

Cheers Nitro and TheElephant!
It's worth giving the Gents a go. Actually, I'm being very selfish on this score - I'm simply curious to see whether the humour travels well.
There is a Fry-type link too - Mark Gatiss (who's a member of the Gents) was in Bright Young Things, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Surrealisimo.

TheElephant

Posted Thu Oct 8th, 2009 2:52am Post subject: The Mighty Boosh

A friend of mine is a big fan. Watched a few episodes with him and another mate and a few beers.

Didn't get it.