Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 27th, 2011 2:53pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

It's nice to see so many new people on the forum. Welcome one and all.

ACSarahAC

Posted Thu Oct 27th, 2011 11:05pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome to all the new peeps! *waves*

I almost feel like I should be re-introducing myself in here since I've been naughty and haven't posted for soooooo long! Although I've been in regular Twitter-contact with most of you so hopefully no-one's forgotten me yet

\\\\\\\"When you look at Velazquez, listen to Mozart, read Dickens or laugh at Billy Connolly you are aware that what they do they do for the world and the results are, of course, magnificent. When you look at Blake, listen to Bach, read Douglas Adams or watch Eddie Izzard perform, you feel you are perhaps the only person in the world who really gets them.\\\\\\\"

aSyd

Posted Thu Nov 10th, 2011 2:08pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Ok I will say hello in here too

I was moved to share my experience of Ulysses with Stephen after I saw his programme on Literature in the Planet Word series this week. Googling Stephen for the first time in my life, I found this pleasant looking website, and realised that I was not going to be able to email him directly... so I've joined the forum, hoping to share my pleasure with him... and as a bonus, surely to share thoughts with some intelligent and humane fellow humans!

I am a poet and now recently getting into doing video art, late in life... would be nice to hear from anyone who follows links to my artworks on line! (See my profile).

A real man is a kind man.

Zero.

Posted Tue Dec 6th, 2011 12:04pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

So, Hello? I always feel a little intimidated when I post for the first time in a new forum! Well I've only been a Stephen Fry fan for the past couple of months, but I have known who he is for a while. I've always been part of forums where at many times intelligence and considering other peoples opinions seems to fly out the window. So I can only hope that I can speak to others that have the same interests and all that.

Just a little about me - I'm Mel from Australia and I'm a student studying Arts and Secondary Education, majoring in Japanese and Drama. I'm into music, traveling, acting, languages, comedy and everything else weird and wonderful!

Zeravia

Posted Sat Dec 17th, 2011 12:59am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

I agree with Zero up above me... ._.

I live in a house with a father who doesn't even believe that mental illness exist outside of fantasy games and books. so you can guess how hard this is for me.

Ive been a bit of a fan of Mr. fry's since his appearance in Fable three as the voice of Reaver. <3

But once i found out he was like me, with bi-polar disorder it scocked me so badly i could not eat anything substantial for about a week, i made myself rather sick that way actually. just knowing someone as famous as him could be like me who is as infamous as they come, was nerve wracking.

i see how so many of you have things going for you in your lives.

my only 'clame to fame' is how many video games i play to combat the depression and mania...

._.

yes... sorry, i do use a lot of emotes...

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Dec 18th, 2011 12:44am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

*waves* Hiya new people! Welcome to the forum and please enjoy your time here with us. If I can help in any way do let me know

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

SophieBird

Posted Wed Dec 21st, 2011 4:11pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Totally, totally thrilled to have found this website after bizarrely enough having only recently discovered Stephen Fry and all he has done. Where have I been – lost in the ozone apparently. Any case, guess this is where we introduce ourselves? Not sure what is meant by “stickied” but feel safe enough that this is a site one will avoid ridicule for asking?

So, about me-me-me-mee: Aging ex-housewife, mother, and flounderer, probable Asperger-ie, accruing a vast collection of name tags and hairnets, who someone once described as having “launched - but never landed.” Living in the US of A so speaking for the good people of this country, profoundly apologize to the rest of the world for its arrogance and buffoonery.

I only recently happened across the series “Kingdom” and now cannot get enough Stephen Fry. As I watched the show, some of Stephen’s expressions kept reminding me of someone somewhere deep in my memory banks or what is left of them and it wasn’t until well into the show that the light dawned – Of course “that guy” in “Jonathan Creek” (another show I fell in love with way back when), which is of course is Alan Davies. Wasn’t I thrilled to find both of them on the show QI!

Anyway Hello to all and as happy of holiday’s as one cares to make them.

BC

Posted Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 5:45am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

hi i'm brock c. (BC)
i was born in 1984 - and no, i don't have a big brother

i read 1984 once but have forgotten most of it

i like lots of things about Life and am very curious and love adventure!

ok, that's enough about me but thanks for reading

oh, and Merry/Happy Holidays and New Years and all that!

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 7:51am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome Sophie and BC

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Dec 24th, 2011 1:24pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Zero, Zeravia, SophieBird, BC, Welcome to the forum. I hope you all enjoy it here, and look forward to seeing all of you around.

lostforwords

Posted Mon Dec 26th, 2011 3:12am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hi I'm newly back on the site, hope all are well that I used to chat to. I'm dreadfully sorry to hear about KS and would love to send my love to her family and hope her good work continues on here through others who found her to be as lovely, approachable and caring as I did. Hi to everyone, hi to Stephen and I hope you all had a very pleasant Christmas. X

Colour

Posted Tue Dec 27th, 2011 9:47pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Well, I guess I whould have a go with this aswell! My name is Ellen, I'm a 16 year old student living in Sweden. I discovered Stephen Fry watching QI, and ever since I've been hooked! I'm reading Making history now in English, and it's a bit hard when I don't speak the language fluently. But I'll get there, sooner or later. Besides Stephen, I like politics, tennis, languages, ballet and anstronomy. And chocolate cake. I hope I can meet many wonderful people here who shares the same love of Mr. Fry as I do!

ayeshakhan

Posted Sat Dec 31st, 2011 10:11pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

mmmmm ..... hello

My name is Ayesha. I'm 37 years old and have been married for 11 years. I juggle working as a maths teacher, being mama to 3 young kids and dealing with life in general. Just find Stephen Fry a non-judgemental breath of fresh air and find him a delightful way to divert myself (usually when marking books)

Happy New Year everyone

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Jan 2nd, 2012 7:16am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome...welcome

Wiwiel

Posted Sat Jan 7th, 2012 9:49pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hello everyone!
*waves*
I'm Vera. I live in Russia. I'm a 18 year old student.
What else?
I like to read. Sometimes I play the piano. I also love films and theatre.
And of course I love Stephen Fry very much.

I'm a Russian spy, ok? :)
@Wiwi_el