Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Vinchy

Posted Fri Jun 1st, 2012 11:36pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Good day.
I'm from Russia:) From a very small town - Voronezh.
What can I tell about myself...I'm only a person. Only one more fidgety, insupportable and self-assured person here.
My English is poor. But sometimes I have more or less useful ideas and that's why I'm here.
Maria

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jun 3rd, 2012 3:36pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome Lady Estelle and Vinchy. It is always wonderful to see new people here to share their thoughts, insights and news on all things Stephen. Look forward to seeing you both around the forum.

Zissy

Posted Thu Jul 5th, 2012 9:58pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

*Waving* Hello from Long Beach, CA.

Don't let the clouds of Life ruin the Sunshine of Hope. ┬ęZissy

princesspeely

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2012 12:47am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hiya I'm in Gosport England. Been looking around for a while, but feeling brave enough to join today! Of course I adore the lovely Mr Fry. (hello) I also love reading writing poetry and needlework.

xx

Asha

Posted Thu Jul 26th, 2012 8:32pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hello everyone!
I joined this forum quite a while ago but have so far just been lurking. I am a Canadian university student studying English and creative writing. I am a huge fan of Stephen Fry and am now completely addicted to watching QI clips on YouTube (it's really becoming quite a problem ) I joined this site for some inspiration and writing/life advice, because university appears to have sucked all creativity out of me and I find myself, despite my best efforts, completely unable to write. This isn't a situation I'm enjoying being in, and I hope that being part of a great community like this will help pull me out of my rut. Nice to meet you all and hope to see you around

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Aug 4th, 2012 4:02pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hello and Welcome, All.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

samuelh73

Posted Tue Aug 14th, 2012 6:28am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hello everyone. Samuel in Texas, here. I was first introduced to three (now) favorites in the BBC "Jeeves and Wooster" series, and I am glad to say I am still a fan of Mr. Fry, Laurie, and Wodehouse. I write online fiction (as a hobby) and go to school (psychology major). I, too, derive a great deal of enjoyment from listening to Mr. Fry in anything he has ever done, partly because I am something of an Anglophile, but also because as an intelligent gay man I am glad to see there is another one out there. (Yes, I know there are probably many intelligent gay men out there, but I've only met two of them in my entire life, and I'm 39!). Anyway, it has occurred to me that we are probably serving in some capacity as enablers for the aggrandizement of Mr. Fry's hubris, so I shall make it short. Anyway, I am glad to see I am certainly not alone (not like that was ever a concern, I assure you), and I will be checking the forums occasionally to see what new conversations are being made and hopefully get involved in.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 14th, 2012 1:23pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

*Waves back at Zissy* Welcome to the forum from someone on the opposite coast.

Hello, princesspeely. It's nice that you have felt brave enough to join. I hope you enjoy the forums.

Welcome to the forum, Asha. I am sure you will get your inspiration back. It goes in spurts, I believe. And Stephen is a wonderful muse to get you started.

Hello, Samuel. Stephen certainly has and continues to do much to try to show the world that LGBT people are indeed an intelligent and meaningful part of society and deserve more acceptance and the same rights as everyone. Pleased to have you with us, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Jay G.

Posted Mon Sep 10th, 2012 2:16am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

My name is Jay. I live in the NYC area. Until recently, I never heard of Mr. Fry. I have been watching some of his stuff on youtube, and can't get enough. I figured it would be interesting, and fun, to "hang out" in this forum and broaden my horizons.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Sep 10th, 2012 2:49am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Pookah

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2012 8:37am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hi All,
I'm not quite sure when I recognised Stephen Fry as fellow traveller but I like to think that it was when he announced he preferred Thomas Hardy's poems to his novels. I thought I was the only person in the universe who felt that way.

My English secondary & tertiary education inflicted a series of Hardy novels on me (Mayor of Casterbridge, Return of the Native, Tess and Jude). I cringe as I recall the tragedy hinging on finding a piece of paper on a path (Return) and the absolute wearisome blackness of Jude.

Anyway, looking forward to catching up with some news about Stephen Fry and to communicate with others who enjoy sharing this world with him.
TTFN
Shell McC

PS Or perhaps it was his appreciation of Alistair Sim....

Kay114

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2012 7:22pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Did somebody mention greenhorns were welcome? This all seems different from Mr. Fry on "Jeeves and Wooster, " but I'll give it a shot. Btw, does anybody have the desk clock PBS is selling that uses his voice as an alarm and what would your consumer report be?

jananals

Posted Thu Oct 18th, 2012 1:00pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

I've just realised I've started posting incoherent drivel without introducing myself first. How rude.
Hi, I'm Jananals. I'm at Uni in Tasmania, hoping one day to be a neuroscientific researcher. I enjoy knowing stuff about things. Hence, QI is well and truely my poison. But I also love Kingdom, Jeeves and Wooster, Blackadder, Last Chance to see, and all other Stephen Fry related entertainment.
I feel kinda barge-inesque posting already. If anyone agrees, please tell me to calm the fudgcicles down. I wanna meet awesome people, not annoy them.

The lady who doth protest too much

ScarletCorvus

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2012 2:37am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hi there. I used to be Red Raven back around '07/'08ish but I couldn't figure out my name or password when I was trying to log in and I no longer use that old email. It wasn't until I registered this name that I recalled the old name(thanks to it being mentioned) and the password came to mind too. If the mods want me to go back to using the old acct, I will. Just send me a PM and let me know.

Otherwise, like I said, I've been here and done this. I see familiar names and new names alike. I look forward to jumping back in. If you remember me from "old days", send a pm so we can catch up!

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 1:09am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Nice to see so many new people (and one returning person) posting. Hope you all find your way around the forum and enjoy it.
Pookah, you must have read The Fry Chronicles. I loved reading about Stephen in University.
Welcome Kay114. I don't personally have the clock, but I think several people on the forum have it and like it. I understand he also soothes you to sleep as well?
Jananals, not barging in at all. We love enthusiasm, and I am sure you aren't talking drivel. Neuroscientific research, wow! Good luck.
Hi ScarletCorvus, I don't think I was here when you were here, but welcome back. Hope you feel at home.