Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kay114

Posted Wed Nov 7th, 2012 7:05am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

ginj said:
Welcome Kay114. I dont personally have the clock, but I think several people on the forum have it and like it. I understand he also soothes you to sleep as well?

thanks for the welcome, ginji; as for the clock being soothing, I can't wait to add to the consensus--once buying it's in my budget. I look forward to finding my way around here, too.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2012 1:44am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

ScarletCorvus said:
Hi there. I used to be Red Raven back around '07/'08ish but I couldn't figure out my name or password when I was trying to log in and I no longer use that old email. It wasn't until I registered this name that I recalled the old name(thanks to it being mentioned) and the password came to mind too. If the mods want me to go back to using the old acct, I will. Just send me a PM and let me know.

Otherwise, like I said, I've been here and done this. I see familiar names and new names alike. I look forward to jumping back in. If you remember me from "old days", send a pm so we can catch up!

Entirely up to you, if and when you decide just let me know. And welcome back, we've missed ya

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Jellytoe

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2012 10:13am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hello everyone!

I have just joined the forum, so I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm a 25-year-old biologist, currently working on my PhD on evolutionary genetics. I like reading and learning new things and skills - our world is filled with interesting curiosities to explore!

I first got interested in Stephen Fry's work when I stumbled upon some QI clips. I like his way of thinking and presenting his thoughts. Before I even knew about his enthusiasm over Oscar Wilde (who I also adore), I thought that Fry is definitely the Wilde of this century - a true intellectual and an inspiration.

Have a happy autumn, people!

Regards, Heini from Finland

mvet88

Posted Thu Nov 15th, 2012 4:25am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Welcome everyone!

MechAngel23

Posted Mon Apr 15th, 2013 7:03pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Good afternoon and evening all!

My name is Kevin, and I am so privelaged to join such a great place, filled with such great people! I feel so thrilled to be part of a community that cares so much for one another, and to follow the works of such a great man.

I became truly interested in seeing mr. Fry's documentary of bi-polar disorder. It was so truly painful to watch, both his own journey through his sufferings as well as others. I watched at work (shame on me!) and people wondered why i was misty-eyed. I myself suffer quite severe depression, have for many many years, and could relate to so much that I nearly stopped the showing early. It was hard to continue and feel such strong emotions... But well worth the turmoil.

I hope to be able to bond with the community, and contribute my own thoughts, feelings and opinions when i can. Hopefully I can make a few friends along the way!

Thanks and regards,
Kevin, the American

Ogwaiden

Posted Sat Apr 20th, 2013 1:52am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

ScarletCorvus said:
Hi there. I used to be Red Raven back around '07/'08ish but I couldn't figure out my name or password when I was trying to log in and I no longer use that old email. It wasn't until I registered this name that I recalled the old name(thanks to it being mentioned) and the password came to mind too. If the mods want me to go back to using the old acct, I will. Just send me a PM and let me know.

Otherwise, like I said, I've been here and done this. I see familiar names and new names alike. I look forward to jumping back in. If you remember me from "old days", send a pm so we can catch up!

Well hello there! I've also decided to rejoin, had the same issue with old e-mail account, etc. I'm Stephanie Kay on Facebook.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Apr 21st, 2013 2:21am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hey!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Don Wells

Posted Fri Jun 28th, 2013 10:30pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Now here's a funny thing: this topic is about introductions, yet every time I've clicked on a poster's profile I've discovered nothing but a name (of variable standards of silliness and spelling) and "This user hasn't added a description yet."
If we all used our profile page for its intended purpose, we wouldn't need this topic at all.
Craving your indulgence as a newcomer and a trainee Grumpyoldman, I refer you to my profile page for details.

tessf

Posted Sat Jun 29th, 2013 12:36am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Hi, I'm a middle aged, bipolar, grumpyoldwoman mother of two boys, lured here by Stephen's blog post "Only the Lonely", though I have always enjoyed his brand of humour. I look forward to following and posting in my less curmudgeonly moments.

The problem with people is that they are only human.

tessf

Posted Sat Jun 29th, 2013 12:40am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Don Wells said:
If we all used our profile page for its intended purpose, we wouldn't need this topic at all.
Craving your indulgence as a newcomer and a trainee Grumpyoldman, I refer you to my profile page for details.

And???? There is a distinct flavour of "This user hasn't added a description yet" about your profile page, IF I may make so bold as to point out?

The problem with people is that they are only human.

Don Wells

Posted Sat Jun 29th, 2013 9:55pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

You may indeed be so bold, Tess (if I may be so familiar?). When I check my profile page, I see my "showing-off" picture, three lines of personal info, including age, physical description and a character summary, plus information on what has obsessed me for the last 26 years.
Have I got it wrong somehow? Failed to click a button that will publish it to the world? Help! Someone? Moderator? Anyone?

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jul 1st, 2013 1:06am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

If you attempt to look at someone's profile all it says is that they haven't added one. Yet another glitch I suppose. Admin is aware, all we can do is wait I'm afraid.

Walt Whitman

Don Wells

Posted Wed Jul 3rd, 2013 11:25pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Thanks, Moderator sir. I would have thought that what appears to be a very sophisticated site would have been able to sort out a glitch like this. I'll wait and try to be patient.
Meanwhile, I'll tell the world that at 78 I might be the oldest Fryfan on site, short on hair, stature and four of the prescribed 32 teeth, still teaching tai chi chuan as a martial art rather than a gentle exercise for old fogies like - well, me.

Piangers

Posted Wed Jul 24th, 2013 7:36pm Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

HI all, i m Leandro, but can call me Leo (i prefer). I m teacher, actually in Master degree in education. I really enjoy comedy and readding. Also, i m trying to improve my english, so many times a make mistakes and errors (sometimes bizarre ones). Be free to correct me, and help me to improve it.
About me, brazilian, single, completely insane sometimes , but a rergular guy, love to chat, walk, travel, eat (italian food its my kryptonite), love tecnology, video games and freedom.

Lets talk everyone, u all can find my at facebook
Leandro Piangers

Ravenclaw

Posted Sat Jul 27th, 2013 3:40am Post subject: The new and improved, stickied INTRODUCTIONS thread.

Don Wells said:
Wrong somehow? Failed to click a button that will publish it to the world? Help! Someone? Moderator? Anyone?

I'm afraid I see no more than tessf sees, which is "This user hasn't added a description yet" But I'm no help, as I'm new here as well.