Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

DJB

Posted Thu Aug 7th, 2008 12:26am Post subject: The next podgram...
Oh please hurry with the next podgram! I need something intelligent to listen to while watching my marriage disintegrate!!!

fryfan20

Posted Thu Aug 7th, 2008 1:03am Post subject: The next podgram...
i understand your feelings, i think we all want to hear from the Fry.
but,
give the man a break
he deserves it.

I am what I am

wingnut1664

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 11:47am Post subject: The next podgram...
Oh please hurry with the next podgram! I need something intelligent to listen to while watching my marriage disintegrate!!!

I wonder how many of us are waiting for something intelligent to listen to whilst our marriages dissolve around our ears.

Is a fondness for Mr F's diction a result or a cause of our inability to keep a marriage on track?!

Anyway, ignore the talk about Stephen deserves a rest. Rubbish! TV Presenting? Just reading out loud, surely! Acting? Dressing up & playing let's pretend!

We are the angry mob. We have been titilated by this free service. Now come on. Feed us!

fryfan20

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 5:48pm Post subject: The next podgram...
Anyway, ignore the talk about Stephen deserves a rest. Rubbish! TV Presenting? Just reading out loud, surely! Acting? Dressing up & playing let's pretend!
We are the angry mob. We have been titilated by this free service. Now come on. Feed us!

are you suggesting that acting and tv presenting is not working?
because that is so not true.

I am what I am

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 6:02pm Post subject: The next podgram...

I think s/he's joking. Sounds very tongue-in-cheek to me.

Assuming direct control...

fryfan20

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 10:16pm Post subject: The next podgram...

I think s/he's joking. Sounds very tongue-in-cheek to me.

if that is the case, I do apologize for missing that. (i can be quite stupid sometimes)

I am what I am

wingnut1664

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 9:07am Post subject: The next podgram...
Well, acting & TV presenting isn't exactly working down t'Pit, is it?

I'm sure it's jolly taxing stuff. But not in a working-in-a-call-centre-whilst-people-swear-at-you-all-day kind of way.

I'm sure it's very responsible work. But not in a if-I-get-this-wrong-people-will-die kind of way.

All we're asking is that Mr F talks in to a microphone more than once every 3 months!

DJB

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 8:10pm Post subject: The next podgram...
Oh my, my, this has gotten a bit more serious than I ever intended. Sure, it was somewhat tongue in cheek and somewhat very serious. I dearly look forward to Stephen's podgrams, I risk life and limb to stealthily listen to them while I'm working. OK, maybe not life and limb, but getting called on the carpet. But I do so look forward to them as my few minutes of blissful conversation (albeit one-sided) from someone intelligent and funny who isn't spending his every breath telling me how incompetent and unworthy my family and myself are! He helps me remember that not all British people are self-centered, narcissistic twats. Only the family I married into!

And yes, while it woud be utterly delightful to have a new podgram every week, I am fully aware that Stephen has more pressing matters to attend to. So I just cross my fingers every time I go online and hope for the best!

wingnut1664

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 8:39pm Post subject: The next podgram...
DJB - not serious at all.

I'm just fooling around!
X-D

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: The next podgram...
having worked in a call center and in television...while television carries a thrill that call centers do not..you know what to expect and that you can come in until you quit or are fired at a call center.

tv is not steady work for anyone involved and to make sure your show takes wing is unbelievably stressful

joking is fun and is noted here but having been in both roles...i have to pitch out my 2 cents

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

wingnut1664

Posted Sun Aug 10th, 2008 8:36am Post subject: The next podgram...
Elephants dance real funky - Bruce Springsteen.

It's as prophetic as anything Mr Wilde wrote!

Still no new Podgram!