Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

iammercy

Posted Sun Nov 15th, 2009 7:25pm Post subject: The Ode LEss Travelled question

I am currently about half way through and have a question for anyone who cares to answer.

How is it that in America does 'Myth' rhyme with 'with'? Yet they do not rhyme in the Queens tongue?

I have asked a few people from across the pond (yes I am a yank) and they seem baffled by the statement as well.

Graffiti Poet

Posted Sun Mar 7th, 2010 2:47pm Post subject: The Ode LEss Travelled question

Hi,

Just like to say thanks for a great book and ask about about your use and definition of the word Poetaster on page 30. I can't seem to find it mentioned in my copy of the on-line version of the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary I use.

Are you making it up?. If you are, can you get the good folk of Cambridge to add it to their dictionary so this poem I have writen using it doesn't just have people staring blankly at it.

I am just a poetaster who's hoping that one day
both fame and mega fortune, will come along my way.
Until such time, like my friend Rab,
I'm done to death by drink.
I'll post in here, and charge you nowt,
to see just what you think.
If I am just a fantasist, don't hesitate to say,
I'll always be a poetaster until my dying day.

Thanks again for the book, it's inspirational as well as informative. Great work.

Graffiti Poet

marintorque

Posted Fri Jun 11th, 2010 4:16pm Post subject: The Ode LEss Travelled question

I LOVE this book. It is opening up a whole new world. Thank you Stephen Fry. This is the book I always wanted to read (heart).

MT

Staedtler

Posted Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 6:42pm Post subject: The Ode LEss Travelled question

Aha! This is the box I need. For putting me in touch with Samuel Beckett's Roundelay, which I never would have known about otherwise, thanks. The whole book is fantastic fun, but especially for that. I wish they'd taught poetry like that at school. You know . . . fun.

Sorry.