Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

najabat

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 6:15am Post subject: "The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within"

Hello,

If you read this book already and care to express your opinion here, would you please share? I will be reading it soon, but I want to hear what others have to say.

Cheers.

michael

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 3:56pm Post subject: "The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within"

i really like that book. It's fun to read, because there are exercises all through to do, and Mr Fry never makes it seem like poetry has to be some constantly serious, 100% by the rules activity.

Ever since i read it, i've sought out and read more poetry. i've written some of my own poetry more often...not nec. that's any good... but it doesn't matter. because it helped me think in words more. that's hard for me, i'm very visual and somedays my brain just cannot deal with words.

i haven't read all of Mr Fry's books, but so far that is my favorite one.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

jeebs

Posted Wed Aug 19th, 2009 3:33pm Post subject: "The Ode Less Travelled: Unlocking the Poet Within"

One of my best friends gave it to me for my birthday, and I love it!

Especially the software-esque end user agreement you have to sign in the beginning.

It's probably the best non-fiction book I've read this year.

si non è vero è ben trovato