Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 12th, 2010 12:48pm Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

This petition is still going? QI has still not been shown in America then? Not even old series on BBC America or something? That's a shame.

Assuming direct control...

KD

Posted Mon Oct 25th, 2010 2:22am Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

I just discovered the show existed yesterday, and I've signed the petition. Even dvds in region 1 format would be nice. I can't get enough of this, I've spent a good part of the day watching all the clips on youtube

mud

Posted Mon Jan 10th, 2011 3:58am Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

I also just discovered this wonderful show! I would absolutely buy the dvd's if they were available in region 1 format. Would love to see it on tv here in Canada!

BobRassler

Posted Wed May 11th, 2011 10:28am Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

I would have thought that QI as it is would work in America, there are very few references to people they wouldn't know. I do know that some American friends off FBook love to watch it when they can.

Only a northerner knows the true joys of yorkshire puddings, it is all to do with crispy bottoms.

portere3

Posted Fri Nov 18th, 2011 5:00pm Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

Where the hell has this show been hiding? I am a huge fan of British television. Show by show I've been discovering treasures via Hulu and other on-line means. Green Wing, Doc Martin, Kingdom, Black Books, Peep Show and Whites are the favorites I can name off the top of my head. I found QI by linking through a Rich Hall Youtube clip that was going around the office (a piano is like a woman) and I've been hooked ever since. Intelligent, entertaining and legitmately informative banter presented in a manner that (by its factual nature) doesn't force poeple to choose sides is, to say the very least, refreshing. I hope it (also to say the very least) finds its way onto BBC America. Marvelous! Thank you!

BingoLittle

Posted Fri Jan 13th, 2012 7:12pm Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

We'll never get QI in America. It has too many British references. BBC America seems to think we will only watch Top Gear, Gordon Ramsay, and Doctor Who. I love the first and third of those programs, but do not expect the people at BBCA to fulfill any of my other British TV needs. They haven't the brains or balls to put anything else on the air. So its Youtube or Hulu if you want QI, or Hugh and Laurie, or Mitchell and Webb, or Spaced. I just wish the goddamn BBC would stop enforcing its copyright over programs in countries where it will not broadcast its programs. I would gladly stay up until 3AM if I had to in order to watch QI on BBCA. But if they are not going to even give me that opportunity, then they need to accept that people are going to work their way around it.

Diplomat

Posted Mon Jan 21st, 2013 9:45pm Post subject: The "QI in America" Petition!

Signed.