Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Mar 7th, 2007 6:25pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
Anyone who missed Stephen´s documentary: there is another chance to see it. Next Monday and Tuesday, BBC2, 11.35pm and 11.20pm, respectively

Maniac

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 11:03pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
It's a shame it's on so late.
It's good for the people who missed it and make a point of watching it but people are going to miss it again.
I'm glad they are showing it again though, a lot of people did want to see it again.
I was fortunate enough to find it online and download both parts.

JVONEARTH

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 11:08pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I'm going to make sure i record it except the robbie williams bits

Maniac

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 11:08pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
lol
Those bits made me look away too.
lmao

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 9:18am Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I thought this was a mantra thread

"The secret life of the manic depressive - repeat."

I've been chanting it all night thinking I would be cured.

trouser material

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 1:32pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat

Did it work? X-D

absolutely curtains

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 8:25pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I'm going to make sure i record it except the robbie williams bits

What's wrong with Robbie Williams?
Actually I hate him, (thinks he's Freddie Mercury) but I still watched avidly... Just with this face:

It's not?

Blast! I'd even hired a few monks.

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 8:47pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I used to think he was the talented one. But the more i watched programmes on him the more i knew i was wrong This is going to sound harsh and i'm going to get stick but.
I'm not interested in R williams having depression for many reasons he is unlikely to get himself into financial trouble and he can afford the best treatment.
The same as K minouge having cancer she can afford the treatment and is fortunate enough to have survived.
And P doherty fuck me i'd buy him the drugs as long as he finished himself off.

I'm interested in people in the real world the people who can't afford to get help.

Stephen has a problem he done a programme fantastic i really admire him we know he has a problem we can relate to that.
But to hear time and time again about rehabs drink drugs oh feel sorry for us no way. Sorry rant over X-D

Maniac

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 9:51pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
oooh. Now I'm not sure about that.
I don't like Robbie but that's nothing to do with depression or anything.
Kylie's cancer is unrelated and no one deserves it - wealthy or not.
You could say the same about Stephen - he has the money for his manic episodes and for rehab if he needed it so it's no different.

Depression and Bipolar knows no boundaries and should not be a deciding factor on which to base an assumption on a person.

Robbie is arrogant in my opinion - that's why I don't like him.

JVONEARTH

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 10:05pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
Point taken and i was in a rant cancer thing my mum has it along with thousands of men and women what i was trying to say was i want the forgotten people in the headlines to make everyone aware.
Stephen from what i have seen since and even before the programme has not mentioned his illness so he is not attention seeking that's one reason i admire him.
As for Mr Williams F**k him.
Sorry for rant and if i offend but spent to long going with the flow

meekychuppet

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 4:21am Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I personally find Robbie Williams vacuous and shallow and devoid of any value as a human being whatsoever. His death would be a welcome bit of news.

trouser material

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 3:08pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
How much of Robbie Williams is media representation? Or is he really that much of a cock we'd like to see him dead.

absolutely curtains

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 6:33pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
Hold on one minute here: we are being very very cruel to Robbie. I don't like his music, or his stage persona because it's too borrowed from Freddie Mercury's, but I don't know him, none of us do. I'm sure he's a good guy. Good enough for Stephen, it seems...

And as for the whole he-can-afford-the-best-treatment malarkey, what if he doesn't want it? As Mr Stephen didn't. Being rich and famous doesn't make the pain any easier although I admit he has got it a lot easier than some.

If you're going to have a go at Robbie about that, then you might as well do the same at Stephen. He had the compulsion to buy pretty much everything he fancied, remember? That doesn't mean that his periods of depression were any more fun. What about the people who have the compulsion but just can't afford it? I don't hear the criticism raining down on Stephen... Just give Robbie a break, he's suffering too.

How can you wish death on someone, anyway? Everyone has value; Robbie's music has made so many people happy, even if the happiness is just superficial. Loads of people love him. Not only that, but as a Christian I'm telling you that every single person is made in the image of God and therefore is perfect. They just don't do perfect things... In fact far from it. We're all really rubbish people when it comes down to it; when compared to God, anyway.

And if you're not Christian, surely you have some grasp of morals?

Furthermore, and sorry for the negative attitude, if the unknown people were put in the headlines people generally wouldn't be that bothered. The charities are what recognise the "normal" people, the media's not interested.

trouser material

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 6:34pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
I hope you weren't saying hold on to me, this is exactly my point.

JVONEARTH

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 6:39pm Post subject: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive - Repeat
Yes your right let's give robbie a break......... I say his arms first X-D X-D X-D

Stephen fry doesn't survive on self pity he gets on with his life and long may he rule