Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

piggywhale

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 9:21am Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
The Stars' Tennis Balls is coming to screen. And Mr. Fry is going to director this movie too!

I was just dancing happily about the news of The Liar becoming a movie when I found this page on the New York Times

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/442739/The-Stars-Tennis-Balls/overview

It appears that there's not much information yet. But at least, it said that the movie has been anounced and Mr. Fry is going to direct the movie. Hoorah!! I could not stop screaming like crazy for a bit there when I first saw it. :-// By the way, here's some details on production credit.

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/442739/The-Stars-Tennis-Balls/details

The Stars' Tennis Ball (or Revenge, as we call here in the U.S.) is my most beloved book of Mr. Fry.
I am so happy he is going to make it into film. *continue dancing happily*

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 2:11pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
The Stars' Tennis Ball (or Revenge, as we call here in the U.S.) is my most beloved book of Mr. Fry.
I feel like such an idiot. :-// I did not know that Revenge was actually The Stars' Tennis Ball. Obviously I haven't read either book, but still, I feel silly for not knowing. :-// Oh well, I guess it could have been worse, I could have read both books and still not known. X-D

PamJH

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 2:25pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
I didn't know that either, Ginj. I wonder why the titles are so different.

Help

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 2:50pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
I didn't know it had a different name but then I'm not in the States.
I also didn't know it was being made into a film *does happy dance*
Thank you for this information

Spitfire

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 2:53pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
Yay! ^_^

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 6:34pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
I did know they were the same, I have no idea why they're titled differently. because Americans don't know what a star is, or a tennis ball, or can't interpret a quote based on such basic objects?

my university library has one of each title, I have no idea why, since they're the same thing with a different cover basically. maybe they were a little confused when they were ordering! X-D

anyway, I am planning on reading this one when I get back to school. I was thinking it would be cool to get The Stars' Tennis Balls copy because you can't usually find that in the US. it's the last Fry novel left for me to read.

(btw, I wonder when further information about this film will appear. NYT is usually accurate? it's not anywhere on IMDb, I'm sure I'm not the first to note.)

sockdolager.

gjhsu

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 7:29pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
I shudder just remembering the coals in the kitchen

piggywhale

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 8:47pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
gihsu, please don't feel bad about not knowing. I only knew this because I wanted to buy this book from B&N and they only offered the book under title "Revenge". In fact, like exoskeleton said, I did not even know what "Stars' Tennis Ball" meant until I read the book. How illiterate I am :-//

At any rate, I did have the same concern as exoskeleton when I first saw the NYTimes site. There's another news on hollywood.com site. Hopefully, it will make you feel a little bit more confident.

http://www.hollywood.com/movie/The_Stars_Tennis_Balls/3462528

The movie is just at a very early stage. They haven't even had actors yet. Maybe that's why is not yet on IMDb?? I have no idea.... :-//

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Jun 23rd, 2009 2:06am Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
[In fact, like exoskeleton said, I did not even know what "Stars' Tennis Ball" meant until I read the book. How illiterate I am :-//

oh, I wasn't trying to imply that any Americans (including you) would be illiterate, even if the quote were rather challenging. I have never heard that quote before, and I myself am in America and I think we have plenty of skilled readers!

sockdolager.

Peachy Keenan

Posted Tue Jun 23rd, 2009 4:50pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
Would be great to see Stephen back in the director's chair again!

Twittering @peachykeenan!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Jun 24th, 2009 7:13pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
REALLY?! *squee*
Thanks so much for sharing this news with us!

There was this "rumour" going around a couple of years ago, then it all went quiet - only to rise again like a phoenix from the ashes

Great book, gruesome ending. Indicative of a very vivid imagination
I think Dan Stevens would make a fabulous Ned

Spitfire

Posted Wed Jun 24th, 2009 8:08pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
I didn't know the whole relevance of the quote when I got the book, and I originally thought it was a sci-fi book! :-// X-D

But I am nearly self-urinating for this. I hope it's done right and the ending section don''t over-dominate the genre of this, but with Mr Fry at the wheel I've got hiiii-gh hopes -
-Sorry. XD

salexa

Posted Thu Jul 16th, 2009 8:16am Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)
How can I start practicing tennis? I want to be on the tennis team next year but I don't have any skill. How can I go about getting lessons or something? Anyone have ideas?

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Jul 16th, 2009 4:37pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)

I am assuming that is excellent spam!

sockdolager.

thebrainyspecs

Posted Thu Mar 21st, 2013 6:07pm Post subject: The Stars' Tennis Balls: The Movie too :)

I'm currently reading The Stars' Tennis Balls, and while is it a wickedly delightful zinger of a book, I really can't help but think that it's incredibly like The Count of Monte Cristo? Is it just me? :/