Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

KenyBoy

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 2:59pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

Did you read Christopher Hart's drivel in The Sunday Times today?
"Is Stephen Fry the most annoying man in Britain?"
What small minded drivel! He just does NOT get it.
The replies on the the article are mostly pro Fry, so just goes to show....
I actually replied to it online...more or less saying that if you don't like the man, then keep clear!

Led Zeppelin, almost as good as The Who

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 5:10pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I love your sig quote, and I agree of course

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

ratoutofhell

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 5:13pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

Not seen the article, but have to agree that if you don't like something it's simple enough to avoid it. I can't abide soap opera, football or Big Brother but have no trouble ignoring them. This bloke sounds like either a prize twat, or someone who's been paid a stupid amount of money to throw insults at a clever, accomplished famous person. Which sucks.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Nitro

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 11:50pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and observations. I think Mr.Fry would agree with that. I think.

Here's the link to the article, which people ought to read first. I didn't read it as particularly 'biting' and Mr.Hart did point out some positive aspects.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_an.....823233.ece

Really? Wow.

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 8:45am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I'm afraid I found it rather 'biting'. Mr Hart's annoyance at Mr Fry's TV presence may be one thing, but complaining about his Twitter activities makes me think he's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. In order to know about Fry's tweets and their content I have to actually follow him. If only the media resisted from printing every second of Mr Fry's tweets they could remain what they are: shared information between him and his Twitter followers.

Mr Craig Willis

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 11:40am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I read this today and actually couldn't belive it. What was the point of this artical. If it was to make me think less of Christopher Hart job well done!

Mr Craig Willis
x

Colinio

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 3:29pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

The fact is, Christopher Hart is a talentless hack. His previous 'high point' has been the slating of films he hasn't even seen (calling for them to be banned no less). The article has no point and just goes to prove that journalism in the UK is nothing but recycled, poorly research clap trap written by people who would normally struggle to write their own name.

Likewise Piers Morgan, mentioned in the article as not being one of Mr Fry's biggest fans, is the man FIRED from The Mirror for printing fake photographs that increased the risk to our country's armed forces and now interviews the likes of Katie 'Jordan' Price and belittles simple folk on Britain's Got Talent. If I was Stephen I'd be more than happy not to have the admiration of a twat like him.

gjhsu

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 5:43pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

The fact is also that it is entirely easy to sit down and write an article to make fun of, or put someone down. It seems human nature that a loathing for is far easier to express in writing than a love for, and it's just the easy way to meeting a deadline for some journalists. And I use the word journalist quite wrongly. Columnists who do no research for a subject beyond personal insights, Piers Morgan (ha!), and a quick peek at a twitter feed are no more journalists than the third toe on my left foot. In fact, this post here is entirely too easy as well.

But the point is that when someone's entire career and life has been solely for the enjoyment and entertainment of others, and moreso in an uninsulting way (ok, maybe a few ribs here and there, but Fry and Laurie have never been about malicious, evil-minded comedy unlike MANY a comedian out there), in other words, to make people HAPPY, and you are upset and unhappy because of that, there can only be something wrong with you, and not the person for which you have loathing. It's sad, really, that people get paid only to write utter shit, and to get PUBLISHED every week. It's sad, and it's sick.

And yet. And yet, the papers that hire these mongrels are the ones that are the most successful.

I hope Stephen never reads that article, in print or on screen. There's no reason he should ever have his doubts about what he does or why he does it. There are plenty of us out there that do find enjoyment in his writing, his acting, his being funny that the Christopher Harts of the world need not be noticed.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 7:29pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I could not agree more (especially to gihsu's and Soupy Twist's
commentary)!. On one hand you have the right and privilege to tell your opinion (free expression) but on the other hand you can see that many people still have to learn how to do it. The way you criticise says a lot about the own personality.
Mr. Fry is not an inerrant god and not without fail. Nobody is perfect. Of course, you always can find annoying things if you want to do so. Mr. Hart regrettably is doing this without any real research and you can get the impression that it is more a kind of personal antipathy and a tiny bit of envy in combination with craving for recognition.

If I were Stephen Fry and read this, I would ignore and would say to myself that it's impossible to please everybody. And light-hearted I would concentrate on all those people who obviously don't share Mr. Hart's opinion.

By the way, in Germany we have a very popular man called G√ľnther Jauch. He is the host of the German version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". Nearly every German knows him and most of the people are very fond of him. 3-4 years ago he did a lot more on TW (sports events, different quiz shows, kind of weekly news) and when he started to do commercials/adverts we had almost the same phenomenon: some started to criticise his overactivity and suddenly everything he did seemed to be wrong or negative. Rude commentaries appeared but what shall I say, today it's quite silent and easeful again. I could imagine it's just the same in Britain.

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 12:15am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I even read that stupid article to the end and you know, didn't get angry at all.

This poor journalist has NO idea obviously who Stephen Fry is - so, he just did a very good PR for our lovely Teddy bear, I guess. Cos I'm pretty sure Stephen has being followed by more and more people since then - they wanna see now what exactly he's tweeting in this Twitter.

It's always like this in media. Just some anti-PR that Stephen doesn't need at all! Let's forget about the silly article!

Soph

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 1:46am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I was truly stunned by the the badly written article that has been vomited up and published before me. As I read this with a hint of disgust in my face I thought; what a bitter, twisted, ruthless old man he must be. But I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of those words. It is poor, poorly written. And entirely unbelievable. Absolute rot. But the truth of the matter is, Mr Fry has just been roped in as Hart's next victim. Nothing more. I presume to cause a reaction, a lasting impression, an uproar at best. It's pretty sad, is it not.

Photobucket

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 4:11am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I don't know anything about Christopher Hart.

The whole point that Mr.Fry *has* built a career of work he can be proud of is the very reason this article means relatively nothing. The backlash reaction to something so mundane is fascinating though. Why rise to Mr.Fry's defense when he doesn't need to be defended? It undermines, IMHO, the fact that he's perfectly fine.

Really, sometimes that phrase,"Methinks you protest too much" comes to mind when someone who doesn't need elaborate defense, gets it LOL I have absolutely no belief whatsoever that if Mr.Fry read this ten times over he would be affected one way or the other. He's been in the spotlight long enough to know that an absence of thick skin actually might cause a person to take such articles deeply to heart. I think Mr.Fry is far more professional than that.

If everyone loves you, you're doing something wrong

Really? Wow.

andrealein

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 12:03pm Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

I read the article... and put it in the category "not worth wasting any emotions on". It's badly written indeed. Some people, few people might share his oppinion. The majority doesn't. And it's highly unlikely that anybody will be influenced and start thinking that Stephen is the most annoying man in Britain. Soo... *shrugs*

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

Mister Sting

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 1:44am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

As The Times wouldn't let me leave my comment in full (they even pre-censored 'ejaculation'), I thought I'd leave my full rant here, like an inconsiderate dog-owner:

Wow! Wait! PIERS MORGAN hates him. I am wholly convinced now. Piers freaking Morgan?! The Morgster? Honestly?!
God! How could I not agree with that spl*yed v*g*na of a tw*t.

A man with Fry's media profile and the worst you can say is that he's not god. Damning.

Nice going with:

a) suggesting that Fry's involvement in Last Chance to See is prompted by bandwagon-jumping rather than... ooh, something to do with the book having been co-written by his late friend Douglas Adams.
b) your backup - flatulent media spasm Morgan and AA Gill, Mr. Yellow Snow. Way to go citing the latter's homophobic ejaculation on Wodehouse & Coward.
c) comparing him with labrador puppies. Everyone hates THEM.
d) thinking that his use of aeroplanes means that he's some sort of slash-and-burn, anti-nature satan. He's not Bono. I'll assume you hang-glide everywhere, Mr. Hart. Or do you perhaps release the methane of your writings into a balloon?

What are the charges in your absurd piece? He wants to play Sherlock Holmes? He's scripting a 'Dam Busters' remake? Middle England may be tiring of him? He fronts a show that is "always fun"?

Good Lord, man. Popularity does not prove self-aggrandisement, arrogance, or even smugness.

At least he's not a gimp for a mediocre rag. The next time you attempt a hatchet job, make sure you don't end up with the blade stuck so firmly in your groin, you hack.

Nitro

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 4:28am Post subject: The Sunday Times - Christopher Hart

LOL!! I hope he reads that last one. The downside is, it might, if he's as everyone says he is, actually confirm any even slight thought he's on the right track.

I can see it now: An entire career spent investigating any little bit of dust or dirt on one celebrity.

Hopefully, he won't be inspired but it's a weird world...

Really? Wow.