Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

billycongo

Posted Sat Sep 12th, 2009 6:34am Post subject: The Tennis Star's Balls

Pardon my spoonerism. I read the dang thing thinking someone was going to get snatched bald because of the 'Revenge' in the title. It's a very bad title for a book, and I don't care if it came from some stupid poetry. The title has very little resonance in the story, and only serves to make one think of the jangly bits.

I'm not a prude. I seek only to make constructive criticism. I fear the book will never get made into a movie and that's a shame. My solution is quite simple. Since the characters names are anagrams, why not make the title an anagram? With all the talent on this website I suppose it would be quite simple to have a contest to come up with the best anagram for 'The Count of Monte Cristo'.

Take all the best suggestions, have a vote, and present the top 10 to Mr. Fry.

My humble suggestions are as follows:

1. Cottonmouth Refections
2. Simon Cotter, the fun coot

The Anagram Server awaits you.

arev

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 11:31pm Post subject: The Tennis Star's Balls

hey billycongo, I like that you addressed the title-problem this book surely has. Of course "The Stars' tennis balls" fits the book somehow, as it speaks of people being not able to control their fate and Ned presenting himself as God's tool.

But I agree with you that "Revenge" is a bad choice, why changing the title in the American version at all? I don't get it. I think I will make an attempt to create an anagram title, too.

Here it is: CHUTE FIR CONE MONSTER COT

It would be great if this book made it into a film, we will see.