Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Zefla

Posted Fri Mar 7th, 2008 9:58pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
Mine is very tame, but for some reason the girls at work thought it was utterly dreadful. I don't wear a bra.

I wear stuff where you can't tell, such as non-see-through shirts, because bras are dreadfully uncomfortable things, they really are. Even 'comfy' ones feel like a harness. Contrary to popular belief, inspired by bra manufacturers, you don't droop if you don;' wear one: mine still stare straight ahead, so to speak, and I'm not young.

Once, after having had a debilitating operation, I bought some new clothes and went to work in a lovely new dress to show off the new slim me. It was low cut and I wore a bra - a black lace underwired piece of torture equipment. The girls thought it was great that I'd finally joined the club, so to speak.

Never again, I felt horrible all day.

My workplace was next door to the ABC offices (Aussie BBC) where there has been a breast cancer cluster - many of the women, 6 times the national average and climbing, have got breast cancer. A workmate of mine, a close friend, had it too. There is a school of thought that restrictive clothes such as tight or strong bras can contribute to causing cancer, and women who have to be fashionable, such as ABC staff, wear such stuff.

Anyway, there you go - my weirdness might just have saved my life.

I actually don't mind wearing bra's. Mind you all of my underwear is covered in cartoon characters and is made from cotton. Lace is extremely itchy and I avoid it like the plague...unless its an actual plague and then I might go look-might be interesting.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 8:33am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I once took an ex-girlfriend to RIgby and Peller's in Bond Street and paid 90 pounds for her to have a fitted bespoke bra and she said it was the most comfortable one ever.
So really. the discomfort is not so much the fault of the item itself, but rather the same discomfort of any off-the-peg item which (as so many are) is not made for real people's figures.

Britannicus

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 7:17pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
I don't wear a bra when I can get away with it... I usually don't notice any discomfort when I am wearing them (after they've been worn a few times, at least), but it does seem to be easier to keep cool without one. I mostly appreciate bras for their ability to mask when we ARE cold, i.e. the appearance of the thermometers.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Red Raven

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 11:09pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
I hate bras and I wish they would die. I take mine off any chance I get. I know I'll regret it later when they hang to my knees but I could give a crap now.

ysabella

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 11:19pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
My breasts are two different sizes; one's a B- and the other a C+, so it's hard to find comfy bras. But it's not comfortable to go without a bra, because they vibrate at different frequencies.
Bras tend to pull to the left and so do some shirts. Annoying. I guess I should get one of those silicone chicken-cutlet things to stuff in, and even them out. So far I've never been interested in having surgery to fix 'em.

Britannicus

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 12:00am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I have uneven breasts too, and so do most of my friends. I wish the movies weren't so obsessive about perfect body doubles. I grew up without a female role model, so for the longest time I thought I was a freak of nature. Until I went to college and suddenly people lost a lot of their earlier reservations with talking about their bodies...

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

joan

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 5:03am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I hate bras and I wish they would die. I take mine off any chance I get. I know I'll regret it later when they hang to my knees but I could give a crap now.

They won't droop - honest!!! I know.

masquerade

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 7:15am Post subject: The TMI Thread
Can't say I've ever had a problem with wearing a bra, all mine are very comfortable and they aren't anything expensive either. In fact, I find not wearing one uncomfortable if I do it for long... I've never worn a lace bra though; that doesn't sound like the sort of thing I would wear normally, only on occasion if I was going to have a particular reason to show it off!

On the other hand, it is your choice whether you wear one or not; who am I to tell people what to wear?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 7:29am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I refer the ladies with uneven breasts to my previous post. If you think it's worth the expense, get a fitted bra.
Ysabella - have you heard of a British cabaret group called Fascinating Aida? I ask because, not only does your Bodacious Ladyhood remind me of them (they mix comedy and songs), but also because one of them does a routine about her breasts , which she refers to by names.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 10:36am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I prefer to waer a bra because I'm just so uncomfortable without one. I wear underwired ones otherwise I just feel uncomfortable and sometimes pain all day. It is hard finding bras that fit properly though. >_< I should try custom ones.

Assuming direct control...

st.bipolar

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 12:43pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
last time i wore a bra the ploice were called

Red Raven

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 1:03pm Post subject: The TMI Thread

last time i went without one the police were called. X-D

st.bipolar

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 1:30pm Post subject: The TMI Thread

last time i went without one the police were called. X-D