Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ysabella

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 11:41pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
Yes, Steed, I've heard of Fascinating Aida. We have more of a focus on a cappella, but they do look really fun.

Britannicus, my mom once sent me a photo from a magazine showing a woman in a see-through lace top, whose breasts didn't match. My mom phoned up and said "You see? It's pretty normal," and I said, "Um, mom, mine are WAY more disparate than that!"

I'm used to seeing it in a mirror. And when dressed I don't think it's noticeable. But sometimes photos freak me out, because I'm not used to seeing it flipped around.

Oh, also, I have crap cleavage. Another reason to get the push-up thingie. At least for being on stage.

masquerade

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 7:09am Post subject: The TMI Thread
Argh, think I might have thrush... should I tell my mum, get myself a doctor's appointment or just go buy treatment from the chemist? I don't know!!! My boyfriend won't be very happy though, it's kinda painful so there's no way I'm sleeping with him right now. I can't say I'm very happy about that either!

LilyG

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 11:29am Post subject: The TMI Thread
Argh, think I might have thrush... should I tell my mum, get myself a doctor's appointment or just go buy treatment from the chemist? I don't know!!! My boyfriend won't be very happy though, it's kinda painful so there's no way I'm sleeping with him right now. I can't say I'm very happy about that either!

babe definitely go to your doctor. you lost your virginity recently yes? have you been to a doc since then? it's important you do, to go and book yourself in for a pap smear. no matter what. even if your partner was a virgin too, even if you used protection, you should go. if it is thrush you'll either be told to buy an over the counter, or be given something more targeted. it might be an std, but dont worry. its probably not, but you never know. better to be safe than sorry hun.
just go in and do that.

as for bras...i used to be a good old annoying 32 DD...but i recently got refitted to a 32 E. very painful to my back. im not in proportion either...im 161cm and currently weigh 67kgs (although i used to be 59...my bipolar meds make me fatter....grr )

so for me, bras=WIN.

no bra=death.

but i personally love bras, i have many many many, lacey, velvet, pushup, strapless, whatever, i own 'em.

thats all.

xx

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 11:32am Post subject: The TMI Thread
Well you can get thrush from loads of things so there would be no problem telling your mam but you can just go to the chemist too, its a common thing so they could give you advise aswell.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 11:56am Post subject: The TMI Thread
I think you should go see the doctor and see what s/he says masquerade. It's better than not knowing for certain.

Assuming direct control...

st.bipolar

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 2:20pm Post subject: The TMI Thread

i know i might seem out of place posting here but i would go to the doctor my ex got a kidney infection from sex which was grand because it was easily treated which is probaly the case for whatever you have.

masquerade

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 5:38pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
Yes I lost my virginity recently but he wasn't a virgin. But it's not an STI as I know he got himself tested before we slept together. From the vast amount of information on this sort of thing on the internet I'm pretty sure it's thrush, but yeah, I think it might be a good idea to go to the doctor anyway, just in case.

I know that if I tell mum she'll immediately decide I got it from Nathan and I'll have a hard job convincing her otherwise. -rolls eyes- But on the other hand, I'm far too embarrassed to go and ask for medication for it on my own... Nathan knows I have it and thankfully he's not bothered. Maybe I could go with him to get something for it, I'll just have to make sure I avoid the chemists that my friends work at (why oh why do so many of my friends work in chemists?!)

Thanks for the advice guys!

oogabooga

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 7:19pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
she won't think you got it from him, don't worry! you can get thrush from hot baths, shower gels, or even wearing tight trousers and tights, it's a very very common problem. The first time I ever had it I was really embarrassed and I told my mum (I was about 15 at the time) and she told me that EVERY girl will have it at least once or twice in their lives, and the current trend for skinny jeans doesn't help, nor did wearing itchy school tights every day! It's one of those things that is embarrassing the first time, but don't forget, quite often even babies get thrush in their mouths when they are teething, but as we are ladies we get it in a much more delicate area

ysabella

Posted Fri Mar 14th, 2008 10:15pm Post subject: The TMI Thread
If you don't mind me saying something so direct, you can get thrush from a sweaty penis that's been inside pants all day, because it's little damp corners of the body that give little yeasts a happy home to live in. Washing hands and peens before sex can help prevent itchy girl parts.

That said - if you can get in to see a doctor to confirm the thrush (called a yeast infection in the US by the way), it's a good idea. Just the first time. After that, you know how to identify it, and you can self-treat.
Or if it's hard to get in to see a doctor or takes too long, you can just try a commercial remedy, usually a cream or a waxy thing you insert with a little wand that comes in the package. Sometimes both, the waxy thing plus a cream for the exterior vulva to stop the infernal, infernal itching. If you can't find anything, a folk remedy is to insert some live-culture yogurt (and/or eat lots of live-culture yogurt). The friendly bacteria and acidity help restore the balance. After all, there's always bacteria and yeast/fungi hanging around in there, it's just that sometimes something gets introduced and things get out of balance. If you have to take antibiotics for some other reason, for example, you may get thrush from that, just because all your normal happy bacteria got killed along with the evil bad ones.
I always keep an extra pack of over-the-counter treatment in the bathroom cabinet just in case.

Bear in mind that if it's a bacteria instead of a yeast that's overgrowing, it'll get worse instead of better when you apply an anti-fungal remedy. But it is way, way more likely to be yeast.