Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

keymaker

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 9:05pm Post subject: The View on Prop 8
... perhaps a lot of people voted yes w/out realizing it was a ban.
he he, good one... maybe they can do an EU <--- Ireland and keep holding polls until they get the 'right' answer. X-D

km

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 4:42am Post subject: The View on Prop 8
seems like they are trying quite hard to get it overturned....we'll see what happens.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

keymaker

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 5:04pm Post subject: The View on Prop 8
seems like they are trying quite hard to get it overturned....we'll see what happens.
Joking aside they need to concentrate on equal tax and social rights now rather than going mental over the word itself which is as unimportant as it's meaning is contentious.

km

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Dec 16th, 2008 8:33am Post subject: The View on Prop 8
i agree!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

ClareBear

Posted Sat Dec 20th, 2008 9:23am Post subject: The View on Prop 8
If you haven't seen it already....

Prop. 8 - The Musical

Cheesepanini

Posted Sat Dec 20th, 2008 7:05pm Post subject: The View on Prop 8
If you haven't seen it already....

Prop. 8 - The Musical

That's hysterical. I love it!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: The View on Prop 8
A lot of things about Prop 8 pissed me off, but the thing I hate the most is that all those marriages could be voided (like they were in CA in 2004). I mean, how could you do that to someone and live with yourself? If my parents wanted to get out of their marriage, the divorce would take months of negotiation, and there would be people along the way asking, "Are you sure?" and people would be asking me, "How do you feel about this?" These poor people will probably get their marriages voided, as if their commitments meant as much as kindergardeners getting married at recess. If you're going to take people's rights away, at least don't take away what they already have.

I think that's terrible anyone would wnat to do that. It is nothing less than cruel to take away something like that from someone when it's already theirs.

I think, or at least I hope, that in my lifetime gay marriage will become sort of a common sense thing, like interracial or interfaith marriages. Eventually, people will think it's weird that it was ever illegal or unacceptable. If individual religions want to make their own decisions about it, I don't have a problem with it; it's not the government's business. But on the legal side of things, there's no excuse not to have at least equal rights everywhere.

I hope in the future people will think it strange how people could ever have wanted to make it illegal and rights have improved for everyone.

Assuming direct control...

Jarus

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 11:42pm Post subject: The View on Prop 8
Just watched a little bit of The View and...they make Loose Women look like Question Time ...not that I watch Loose Women being a very manly, man...ahem :-//

Edit: Oh and in an attempt to contribute more to this topic why exactly is gay love less valid than straight love again? The religious ceremony of Marriage is for the wise churchmen to decide, but gay couples who have entered into a legal contract should have exactly the same rights as straight couples. Sexuality affecting legal status is just