Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Andrea the Bookworm

Posted Mon Oct 15th, 2007 11:27am Post subject: The Wit List
Congrats Stephen on making No. 3 in the Wit List at the weekend - considering that Oscar and Spike are both dead, it's none too shabby Sir. So what does that make you - the worlds' greatest living wit? X-D

They must have been pretty desperate to pull in Liam Gallagher at No. 10 though! That's a bit of surprise - I wonder if it wasn't a bit of 'spinnage' on the part of the publishers (the Guardian I think) - it's making all the headlines this morning!

Bis bald

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:40am Post subject: The Wit List
Jeremy Clarkson is number 5. I'm going to go out on a limb when I say that I'm not sure how above board that poll was.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Andrea the Bookworm

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 11:06am Post subject: The Wit List
Duh yeah - wonder who the pollees were???

Ribbo

Posted Fri Oct 19th, 2007 12:22am Post subject: The Wit List
Duh yeah - wonder who the pollees were???

I don't know, humour doesn't always have to be highbrow to be witty. Sometimes a well placed swear word does the job just as well.

Alicef71

Posted Tue Oct 23rd, 2007 4:36pm Post subject: The Wit List
Congrats to SF, but the list was beyond belief - where was Ned Sherrin for a start? And some included wouldn't know wit if it fell on them from a great height. Perhaps someone could enlighten us about its terms of reference.