Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

davemalley

Posted Mon Sep 28th, 2009 9:41am Post subject: things i wish id done

5 things i have never done for whatever reason, but would have liked to.

riden a horse
had a sword fight
shot the lock off a door
gone to a proper rich party in a huge venue full of famous ppl
been in the cockpit of a plane

how sad am i? lol

anyone want to share theirs?

people who use P.S are just showing they havent put enough thought into their writing before they started.

P.S cant get out of the habit myself

PamJH

Posted Mon Sep 28th, 2009 1:01pm Post subject: things i wish id done

Certainly. I wish I'd:

1. become fluent in Spanish. Still time, I suppose.
2. Shot out the crystals in a chandelier. My dad once shot the ornaments on a Christmas tree with a BB gun. He's my hero.
3. worn a ball gown.
4. been kinder to certain people.
5. kissed that cute guy in high school.
6. moved to Texas years ago. Still could do that, too.

andrealein

Posted Mon Sep 28th, 2009 1:32pm Post subject: things i wish id done

But can't you still shoot out the crystals in a chandalier, PamJH?
And davemalley, there are a few things on your list that seem like you can still do them.

I wish I'd learned to play the piano as a kid. I mean I can still do that if I ever find the time. But it certainly will be a lot harder and I won't be able to get as good as I maybe could have if I started early.
And I should have done some travelling after I finished school. I doubt that I'll ever have the opportunity again to just have a year off.
Also missed to kiss a cute guy. Could have been my first kiss and surely would have been better than the actual first one. Bah, and he wanted it too, we were just both too shy.

I'm sure I could think of more...

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Sep 28th, 2009 8:26pm Post subject: things i wish id done

I started playing guitar 24 years ago, now finally starting to do it halfway right. Motorcycle racing - still at it, in this country's cheapest national road race series.

I gave up wishing about things years back. I either do them or write them off. Too easy to spend your life regretting rather than enjoying.

My advice is go out, ride a horse, it's not illegal, sign up for a military re-enactment club, do the sword and the lock together, get a job as a waiter if you have to (and change quickly into something smart & mingle), get a cheap flying lesson. You can do things, don't put brakes on yourself. And do them soon before it really is too late.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

davemalley

Posted Mon Sep 28th, 2009 11:11pm Post subject: things i wish id done

many thanks maxx and andrealein for your words,
but it wasnt meant to be my bucket list lol.
je ne regrette rien (think thats what the french say)
although doesnt that translate as i no regret nothing?
shouldnt it be je regrette rien?
off on a tangent there sorry.
keep up the axe work maxx, remember the words of vim fuego
"I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot".lol

people who use P.S are just showing they havent put enough thought into their writing before they started.

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Sep 29th, 2009 1:30am Post subject: things i wish id done

the ne is just like a word you stick in with lots of negatives, just like the ne in je ne danse pas.

I am not really sure how to answer though. I guess there are some funerals I wish I'd gone to.

sockdolager.

Laur1991

Posted Tue Sep 29th, 2009 8:04am Post subject: things i wish id done

1.) my dad and I were asked to be in the parade when we went to Disneyland. We said no for some unknown reason, and we've regretted it ever since!
2.) I wish I could have been a better friend to a girl I used to know. She's a bit of a druggie now
3.)I should have gotten a job this summer!
4.) I saw jay leno when I went to California and didn't have the nerve to talk to him. (same trip as the disney parade thing)

andrealein

Posted Tue Sep 29th, 2009 11:55am Post subject: things i wish id done

davemalley said:
je ne regrette rien (think thats what the french say)
although doesnt that translate as i no regret nothing?
shouldnt it be je regrette rien?

Yeah. "Ne... rien" translates "nothing". Colloquially the ne is often left out though.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

davemalley

Posted Tue Sep 29th, 2009 12:15pm Post subject: things i wish id done

merci

SpongyWhale

Posted Tue Sep 29th, 2009 10:48pm Post subject: things i wish id done

Here are 5 things I wish I had done, or could do;
1. Learn to play the guitar.
2. Play with the Hubble telescope controls for an afternoon
3. Drive the Nurburgring in a classic car
4. See how far I can throw a bouncy ball along an infinite stretch of basketball court type of flooring
5. Reverse the act of starting to smoke.

I did ride a horse once, a big male travellers horse with no saddle and it scared the hell out of me. I also broke my thumb having a play swordfight with wooden training swords. Not my favourite pastimes, either of them. Id also like to shoot a watermelon with a shotgun.

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 30th, 2009 11:10am Post subject: things i wish id done

Where in the world are you Spongy? I can show you a bit with the guitar. First step, really, buy a medium priced unfashionable acoustic, second, find a sympathetic teacher, and then third, get bloody minded about it, you'll get there.

Nurburgring: there are probably deals you can get to rent a car and chug round. Herbi on the German Thread will probably have good info on this.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Wed Sep 30th, 2009 3:55pm Post subject: things i wish id done

Maxx England said:
Where in the world are you Spongy? I can show you a bit with the guitar. First step, really, buy a medium priced unfashionable acoustic, second, find a sympathetic teacher, and then third, get bloody minded about it, you'll get there.

Nurburgring: there are probably deals you can get to rent a car and chug round. Herbi on the German Thread will probably have good info on this.

My daughter did exactly that. And you should hear her play. I'm so very proud of her determination to play and enjoy her guitar.

marzgirl

Posted Wed Sep 30th, 2009 6:29pm Post subject: things i wish id done

wish i had started playing tennis as a kid, so i would be a pro now. or not. who knows.
wish i had gone to college right after high school.
wish i would not have beaten up a girl in the 4th grade for not bringing her dues to my michael jackson fan club, that broke up my club.
wish i had not lied about the $10 i found in the hallway at school 4th grade. it was some poor kids lunch money for the week.
wish i would not have watched children of the corn in the 5th grade. scared the crap out of me! i hate corn fields to this day.

i am sure i will think of more later.........

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Canaderek

Posted Wed Sep 30th, 2009 6:37pm Post subject: things i wish id done

It would've been nice to have contributed to this thread before now...

Oh, and I'd like to go to Europe!

Please do not read this signature, and instead concentrate on the bulk of my post.

Thanx!

Canaderek/Reverend Neil Pudding's musings can be found at FreedomHaters.org

SpongyWhale

Posted Sat Oct 3rd, 2009 8:39pm Post subject: things i wish id done

I live in Hampshire at the moment. If you have any suggestions for a decent, cheap guitar I would appreciate it Maxx. Thanks.