Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Rain Dog

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:40pm Post subject: things that are going on
I'm afraid I can't be of much help, FF, but I feel I need to post just the same. I'm sorry to hear what you, and your family, are going through. In situations like that there cannot be any easy answers and I understand how emotional it is, even for you. I just hope you can support your sister whatever she does, even if you don't completely agree with it. If I was in you situation I would try to do that because I love my siblings so much and want to support them. I could not stand the idea of not being in terms with them. Please understand that I'm not telling you to do anything, just hope that you and your family will be okay whatever happens. And you can count on us to listen and to try and make it easier.

fryfan20

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:56pm Post subject: things that are going on
thank you very much

I am what I am

fryfan20

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:03pm Post subject: things that are going on
well they have decided, the child will be born this Wednesday. yes I say it right born, it's to big to be terminated any other way. I feel really bad for my sister, can't imagination how she must feel knowing she will have to go though all that.
the situation is a bit different then we thought, apparently the hospital where they got the good news that things wouldn't be so bad, is a very Christian Hospital and are known for not giving the full story in hope that parents will keep the child. I find this unspeakable. no matter how I think about it, everyone has right on the right information and all the information in order to make that decision! they have the responsibility as doctors to give this information and not making it sound good because they have a option. if you can't do that, don't become a doctor.
sorry, but i am very angry with those people now.
I am also more at peace with what she has decided and am sure that I can support it completely.

I am what I am

Maren

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:12pm Post subject: things that are going on
oh, I'm very sorry to read what happened to you and your family - and you are right, doctors who don't tell the facts schouldn't be doctors. It's terrible to think your doctor could lie just because of his "moral" attitude.
I hope you'll not feel too bad, fryfan!

Julia from Bristol

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:25pm Post subject: things that are going on
I am also more at peace with what she has decided and am sure that I can support it completely.

You have every right to be angry FF. I am so glad though that you have found that peace & will be able to support your sister without a battle raging inside.

I have a cunning plan!

fryfan20

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:34pm Post subject: things that are going on
thank you maren, I'm atm not feeling to bad but think that will come later when it really hit's me.

something else has been worrying me, not sure it got anything to do with the stuff going on but feel like sharing it:

the last couple days I have been feeling horribly when waking up, as soon as I am awake I feel overwhelmingly sad and I just don't want to be awake at that moment. it goes a bit better later but I stay pretty sad, during the morning. I am at my best in the late afternoon. and in the evening when I get tired I feel worse again but not as bad as the first thing in the morning feeling. I've tried to remember what I've dreamed, thought maybe that that was it. but I can't remember it. I'm not sleeping very well, lots of tossing and turning before falling asleep. now I am reluctant to go to sleep and even a bit scared for what's coming the next morning.

I'm not asking for any advise I know that you all probably don't know what's up either and that's okay, I just felt like sharing.

I am what I am

fryfan20

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:35pm Post subject: things that are going on

You have every right to be angry FF. I am so glad though that you have found that peace & will be able to support your sister without a battle raging inside.

thank you (was typing other post when you posted)

I am what I am

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:40pm Post subject: things that are going on
oh, I'm very sorry to read what happened to you and your family - and you are right, doctors who don't tell the facts schouldn't be doctors. It's terrible to think your doctor could lie just because of his "moral" attitude.
I hope you'll not feel too bad, fryfan! I can only wholeheartedly agree with this. Actually I'm feeling angry for your sister now FF. Not that it helps in the slightest but to deliberately lie or mislead for your own beliefs and not to do what's best for the good of the patient is just incredible.

*sends very big penguin hugs*

That would be me.

fryfan20

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:46pm Post subject: things that are going on
thank you GGG, means a lot

I am what I am

Julia from Bristol

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 8:22pm Post subject: things that are going on
something else has been worrying me, not sure it got anything to do with the stuff going on but feel like sharing it:

the last couple days I have been feeling horribly when waking up, as soon as I am awake I feel overwhelmingly sad and I just don't want to be awake at that moment. it goes a bit better later but I stay pretty sad, during the morning. I am at my best in the late afternoon. and in the evening when I get tired I feel worse again but not as bad as the first thing in the morning feeling. I've tried to remember what I've dreamed, thought maybe that that was it. but I can't remember it. I'm not sleeping very well, lots of tossing and turning before falling asleep. now I am reluctant to go to sleep and even a bit scared for what's coming the next morning.

I'm not asking for any advise I know that you all probably don't know what's up either and that's okay, I just felt like sharing.

Haven't any answers FF but can tell you I know exactly how you feel, right down to the better afternoons & poor nights. It has got better recently for me. I have gone through a very stressful time & hopefully am now beginning to come thorugh it. Maybe it is all the things going on in your life at the moment. *hugs*

I have a cunning plan!

fryfan20

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 9:50pm Post subject: things that are going on
sorry to hear that you have a difficult time Julia.
*hugsback*

I am what I am

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Apr 28th, 2009 10:35am Post subject: things that are going on
I am so sorry about everything you and your family are going through, fryfan *hugs* I'm sure your sister appreciates your being there for here and supporting her decision. And don't feel shut out. I can speak for myself, in stressful and difficult times my focus tends to be almost entirely on my feelings and actions, in a way that those around me can feel hurt or neglected.
It is a doctor's duty, whatever his personal opinion, to give his patient the full picture of a diagnosis. Everything else is entirely unethical.
All the best for you and your family!

fryfan20

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 12:09am Post subject: things that are going on
first thank you all very very must for your wonderful support.

just also wanted to say that I'm fine, surprisingly.

I am what I am

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 10:55am Post subject: things that are going on

That's good to hear fryfan! You said that things were due to happen on Weds so hopefully all the decisions & actions have been taken & you & your family can now begin to look forward & support each other.

Sending a hug

I have a cunning plan!

fryfan20

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 11:14am Post subject: things that are going on

That's good to hear fryfan! You said that things were due to happen on Weds so hopefully all the decisions & actions have been taken & you & your family can now begin to look forward & support each other.

Sending a hug

thanks, yes it's done.

I am what I am