Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Mon Feb 6th, 2012 3:41am Post subject: This Sharia Law Stuff burns my butt

In the West, there is a saying about dogs being man’s best friend. They’re extremely loyal and they’re always thrilled to see you whenever you walk through the front door. In Europe, dogs have suddenly found themselves the targets of Jihad, particularly in the Netherlands and Spain.

Via Stonegate Institute:

A Dutch Muslim politician has called for a ban on dogs in The Hague, the third-largest city in the Netherlands.

Islamic legal tradition holds that dogs are “unclean” animals, and some say the call to ban them in Holland and elsewhere represents an attempted encroachment of Islamic Sharia law in Europe.

This latest canine controversy — which the Dutch public has greeted with a mix of amusement and outrage — follows dozens of other Muslim-vs-dog-related incidents in Europe. Critics say it reflects the growing assertiveness of Muslims in Europe as they attempt to impose Islamic legal and religious norms on European society.

Well, they're trying to push Shari'a law in Spain too and yes, it is about peoples dogs. Demands to prevent public display of dogs was rejected outright and so the next thing you know, 30 dogs were found poisoned to death the day after the decision to allow people to still walk thier dogs around and to parks.

Poisoning is a particularly painful and therefore, extremely inhumane way to kill an innocent animal, many of who are members of peoples families, companions to the elderly and disabled, and used in search and rescue and bomb sniffing exercises. The domestic dog is still our friend and gives a lot to us so we have tried to integrate them in many ways into our society with us.

If i don't like my neighbors cat, I don't go kill it. I just don't hang out with it. And if she wanted to drag it off to a public park or beach, that's her business.

Sorry Joe and Jane Muslim, practice your religion all you like but don't think you're going after MY dog in the process.

The Dutch dustup erupted after Hasan Küçük, a Turkish-Dutch representative on The Hague city council for the Islam Democrats, vehemently opposed a proposal by the Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren) to make the city more dog friendly.

Really? Wow.