Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

johnpbuckner

Posted Wed Dec 7th, 2011 11:46pm Post subject: This was a really great series

I found this series yesterday evening on Netflix and decided to watch the first episode. I got hooked and just finished watching the entire series in under 24 hours. (I am recovering from a very minor surgery)

I really enjoyed Mr. Fry's exploration of America. It is nice to see my country through the eyes of a good-natured outsider. I thought he did a very good job of showing the parts of America that are seldom shown on TV or in the movies. I grew up in Kentucky and I currently live in California. Watching Mr. Fry drive his cab across the country made me nostalgic for a good, long road-trip back East.

All I can say is, well-done Mr. Fry. I am going to buy your book as soon as I can. Thank you for this series.

John Buckner
Camarillo, CA

P.S. I have only been to 49 of the States. I am planning to make it 50 in a few weeks! Hawaii here I come though I seriously doubt I will be diving with sharks.

shannaflowers

Posted Mon Dec 26th, 2011 11:50am Post subject: This was a really great series

I really enjoyed the series as someone who was born and raised in California as well. I sometimes forget that America isn't quite so dull when you break it up state by state. My father was even able to get into the show toward the end of my watching the series.

I, myself, have only traveled to Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey and New York. I hope that I can one day see more of what America does have to offer (I've been to a handful of states several times over).