Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Aoibheann

Posted Tue Jun 5th, 2007 9:20pm Post subject: Thread of Questions
Hahhahaha.... now there is a good question.. honestly?... E.. €5. Was shit.. and a bad trip... not good times..

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Jun 6th, 2007 12:36am Post subject: Thread of Questions
Probably the Rose I bought when I was down a while back... cost me ony 3Euro and I woke up the next day and it had wilted.... looked dead. was really really disapointed.

Britannicus

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 9:45am Post subject: Thread of Questions
Hmm...I s'pose...eh... Gosh, I can't remember the last time I spent money.

Oh wait, okay, I bought a Sims 2 expansion pack a few months ago. And then my friend dragged me to a smoothie shop afterward, where I got one for $3 that looked good but tasted like a Christmas candle. Yum.

I can easily think of the biggest disappointment from the most amount of money spent though. Approx. $300 for my math class last semester, only to have the professor copy out onto the board one example per section, straight as it was in the text, with little explanation. Fortunately, he also gave a grade boost to every student that missed two classes or less, so all I had to do was never be absent. I scraped by with a D-. Woot!

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:06pm Post subject: Thread of Questions
I thought of a good question today: What's the most disappointment you've received from the least amount of money spent?
Well.... Can't pin point one specific thing John. But the number times I have bought CD's from the $2 bin (the one they put the crap they can't sell into).
Only to get home, listen to a couple of tracks, and promptly ditch it into a different kind of bin (the one the potato peelings go into).

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:09pm Post subject: Thread of Questions
I know what you mean. My mum gets suckered that way too. Like she came home with a present for me - a CD of all the James Bond themes. She failed to notice that they were al performed by an 'orchestra' with as much gusto and much in the same style as Richard Clayderman meets Hank Marvin.
I guess these types of CDs are only made for exactly that kind of unthinking impulse buy. Why else would anyone want them?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Thread of Questions
LOL John. I can imagine your expression.
That reminds me John. When I was about 10, I bought my first Beatles Album (Pre CDs). We were visiting a country town, about 3 hours North of Adelaide.
The minute we arrived home, I carefully placed the record onto the turntable, cranked up the volume, and the spectacular sound of the "Music for Pleasure" Strings Section introduced Penny Lane, in as you say "Full Gusto".
Gezz I felt ripped off. Especially having spent my pocket money for the trip on this.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 7:48pm Post subject: Thread of Questions
Sounds a bit like the old "Top of the Pops" compilation albums of the 70s. See, I can show my age too!
Actually, you reminded me of something from my last couple of years in England. I was a regular listener of Danny Baker's breakfast show on BBC London Live, and he used to love poking fun at David Bowie for being pretentious. His best ammunition was a recording from just such an album on which the (then unknown) Bowie sang a cover of Penny Lane. Two other things about it were hilarious: the pathetic trumpet soloist's mistiming and Bowie;s attempt to imitate McCartney's scouse accent on the word 'customer'.

Shyamz

Posted Sat Aug 18th, 2007 12:25am Post subject: Thread of Questions
I've got a bag made out of one of those albums, the best thing for them really rather than listening to them.