Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Jan 18th, 2013 2:41am Post subject: Thread relocation

Hey folks, quite a few threads are being posted in areas of the forum that are unlikely to garner replies simply because others aren't looking for them where they are. In other words most members won't look for poetry in the Announcements section of the forum etc.. Going forward I will simply move them as I find them. Please understand that I will no longer send a pm as to the new whereabouts of these threads as this occurs too frequently. If anyone has a question about a thread please feel free to pm me.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Help

Posted Sun Jul 21st, 2013 7:43pm Post subject: Thread relocation

Is it possible to relocate the spam elsewhere?

Ginny61

Posted Sat Jul 27th, 2013 8:21pm Post subject: Thread relocation

Last winter on a snow day these were my thoughts:
Snow Day - Day 1
Two orders of chicken nuggets and fries, one Uncle Jimmy sandwich with fries, and a Lean Cuisine and Diet Coke for me. A thermos of hot cocoa and plenty of chocolate chip cookies are on the kitchen counter. Hopefully this will keep the natives calm. Some days I feel like a short order cook.
When we moved to South Dakota I had had little experience with snow. I remember our first winter here and how nervous I was to drive in snow and ice, and I worried that the cold would be too much for me and the kids. My kids were aged 4, 5, and 7 when we moved to Yankton from Florida, and their experience was much like my own...negligible. On our first snow day back in 2006 I ran to Hyvee to stock up on candles and foodstuffs after I brought the kids home from their early dismissal from school. The power went out for about an hour and so I decided to leave the gas fireplace in the living room burning all night in case the power was to go out while we were sleeping. This was like hurricane preparation only colder. Now I just make sure I have enough wine and that I know where my old fashioned coffee percolator is so I can still make coffee on the gas stove if the power goes out. I have become a Midwesterner.
I’m much calmer now about snow days. Today I’m sitting at my desk watching the birds eating their fill at the birdfeeders and suet feeders I have hanging in the trees outside my window. The bird bath is a mini ice rink. The boys are “too cool” to consider sledding at their advanced ages, teenagers. Although with a sheet of ice surely covering the sledding hill at the end of our street, I’m glad they haven’t thought of it. My youngest put on my snow boots and skated on our drive way this morning. He went out to shovel the driveway in order to make some money, but the plastic blade couldn’t penetrate the sheet of ice.
Day - 2
“I’m bored!” This is the first sign that this second snow day will not be as welcome. I pray we don’t lose power, not for fear of the elements, but for fear my kids won’t be able to play their video games. I’ll just stay here at my desk and pray and work . . . Damn, now it’s raining . . .

Today it's a beautiful sunny and clear day, unseasonably cool 70F...last year at this time it was 104F. My garden is growing beautifully. I picked cucumbers, lettuce, green beans, and baby carrots today. Tomatoes are plentiful but still green.

It's quiet here...perhaps a nap.

gindell

MissTom

Posted Tue Aug 13th, 2013 12:05am Post subject: Thread relocation

Help said:
Is it possible to relocate the spam elsewhere?

That would be a 'No' then!

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Aug 13th, 2013 1:37am Post subject: Thread relocation

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/topic/is-anybody-o.....e-spambots

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

trollcat

Posted Tue Aug 20th, 2013 6:49pm Post subject: Thread relocation

Ginny61 said:
Last winter on a snow day these were my thoughts:
Snow Day - Day 1
Two orders of chicken nuggets and fries, one Uncle Jimmy sandwich with fries, and a Lean Cuisine and Diet Coke for me. A thermos of hot cocoa and plenty of chocolate chip cookies are on the kitchen counter. Hopefully this will keep the natives calm. Some days I feel like a short order cook.
When we moved to South Dakota I had had little experience with snow. I remember our first winter here and how nervous I was to drive in snow and ice, and I worried that the cold would be too much for me and the kids. My kids were aged 4, 5, and 7 when we moved to Yankton from Florida, and their experience was much like my own...negligible. On our first snow day back in 2006 I ran to Hyvee to stock up on candles and foodstuffs after I brought the kids home from their early dismissal from school. The power went out for about an hour and so I decided to leave the gas fireplace in the living room burning all night in case the power was to go out while we were sleeping. This was like hurricane preparation only colder. Now I just make sure I have enough wine and that I know where my old fashioned coffee percolator is so I can still make coffee on the gas stove if the power goes out. I have become a Midwesterner.
I’m much calmer now about snow days. Today I’m sitting at my desk watching the birds eating their fill at the birdfeeders and suet feeders I have hanging in the trees outside my window. The bird bath is a mini ice rink. The boys are “too cool” to consider sledding at their advanced ages, teenagers. Although with a sheet of ice surely covering the sledding hill at the end of our street, I’m glad they haven’t thought of it. My youngest put on my snow boots and skated on our drive way this morning. He went out to shovel the driveway in order to make some money, but the plastic blade couldn’t penetrate the sheet of ice.
Day - 2
“I’m bored!” This is the first sign that this second snow day will not be as welcome. I pray we don’t lose power, not for fear of the elements, but for fear my kids won’t be able to play their video games. I’ll just stay here at my desk and pray and work . . . Damn, now it’s raining . . .

Today it's a beautiful sunny and clear day, unseasonably cool 70F...last year at this time it was 104F. My garden is growing beautifully. I picked cucumbers, lettuce, green beans, and baby carrots today. Tomatoes are plentiful but still green.

It's quiet here...perhaps a nap.

Seriously.... may I ask why the F***K you write your random diary entries of something so trite it's ridiculous on a known person's forum and not to mention in the part which speaks of announcements about mis-placed posts?

Get a grip woman, or preferably, a more interesting/intriguing life.

Yours

The man.

Sauron

Inactive

Posted Thu Sep 5th, 2013 6:13pm Post subject: Thread relocation

What happened, british fool mongoloids? Where is your master named Stieven Lesbianka Fly? Why are you do not look at my topic in General Sribblings tread?

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Oct 4th, 2013 7:09pm Post subject: Thread relocation

Walt Whitman